Falltower Drownage

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
bossedit8
Banned

Falltower Drownage

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:28 pm

Main story as of how I even get the idea of this level is by watching a specific episode from the company cartoon network. Which cartoon and which episode to be exact? I'll let you guess.

About this level, it's all about you being underwater but instead of being the usual underwater where you have to swim around, this underwater right here is based of an ernormous waterfall drowning the area and the main source as of why a giant hole is at the surface of the water being there is the giant Tower which you'll see once you're after the first section of the image.

Spoiler: show
Spoiler: show
Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maX-0IO-ZTE

Download Falltower Drownage Level here!

Custom graphics are mostly done by myself as you can see right here while some of them are done by @redigit and @Road Runner.

Enjoy my own creation and have fun!
Last edited by bossedit8 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Re: Falltower Drownage

Postby Witchking666 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Oh hey this is the cool waterfall level you've been screensharing on skype

Anyway
Ill play it later

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:01 pm

Why is everyone making SU references??

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:09 pm

Enjl wrote:Why is everyone making SU references??
Watch the show and you'll understand.
Also that level looks like it will be a bit laggy, so I'll stay away from it for now.

TheKingOfBoos
Panser
Panser

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:41 pm

OK, the grass is kinda ugly. The blue and green are bright and garish, try desaturating a teensy bit. Good level design tho!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:06 am

Since of what kind of reaction I got when I recorded a level form the level from the level forum last time, can I have your permission to reocord this level?

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:33 am

witchking666 wrote:Oh hey this is the cool waterfall level you've been screensharing on skype

Anyway
Ill play it later
Lmao yeah I wish you good luck on this level!
Enjl wrote:Why is everyone making SU references??
You guessed it. Have a star!
Superiorstar wrote:Also that level looks like it will be a bit laggy, so I'll stay away from it for now.
Yeah, the huge amount of background objects in this level tecnically can lag the level for lower PC performance and that's not really fixable unless I remove some of the waterfalls or something that can be done.
TheKingOfBoos wrote:OK, the grass is kinda ugly. The blue and green are bright and garish, try desaturating a teensy bit. Good level design tho!
Might gonna look into it in the future and change it. Thank you though.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Since of what kind of reaction I got when I recorded a level form the level from the level forum last time, can I have your permission to reocord this level?
You're allowed to record the level. No harm done. Wish you good luck with this level!

Cacazk
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Cacazk » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:39 pm

It was very good the first session music. As for the level, has a great desing, those trickling waterfalls by tileset were great! Session 4 looks pretty you are inside a castle! But the color you used to the grass of the SMW are somewhat exaggerated and would be better if it had some layers/events at level. I would give 7.5/10.

This level reminds me a lot Steven Universe .........

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:52 am

Who all is the level possible with?

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:09 am

caiozk wrote:It was very good the first session music. As for the level, has a great desing, those trickling waterfalls by tileset were great! Session 4 looks pretty you are inside a castle! But the color you used to the grass of the SMW are somewhat exaggerated and would be better if it had some layers/events at level. I would give 7.5/10.

This level reminds me a lot Steven Universe .........
Yeah I should probably look into it and make the main grass tileset a bit better since now I got several complains about the same thing. I'm glad you liked the level though. And yes, I know haha...
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Who all is the level possible with?
Probably with all characters but only playthroughed with Mario so far by myself. You can at least try to use all the characters to get through my level. Wish ya good luck.

YellowMe
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby YellowMe » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:32 pm

Well, first time reviewing something. Let's get started.

For starters, I didn't get bothered by the grass color. It looks fine to me. The enemy placement was very good and the blue spinies were very threatening being invincible and not being able to spin jump on them. The first secret was very rewarding and quite easy to find really. Second one was a little harder to spot and the raccoon leaf wasn't very rewarding. It was only useful for killing the dry bones. I preferred the ice flower because it seems the level was designed for it.

The atmosphere and music here were very calming and beautiful. It made me play the level slowly and carefully, and when I'd get hit, I wasn't angered because the power-up placement is on point. The story behind the level added a little something to the levels atmosphere too. A thing that I found very neat, is when you go down the waterfall in the tower area, you get warped back to the entrance, rather than dying ( this doesn't apply to the right side though X_X ). The end was pretty and made me satisfied when I finished this gorgeous and fun ( and pretty easy ) level.

Well done bossedit8! I enjoyed this level so much! Rating: 9.6/10 ( Also, the music file gave it away )

TheKingOfBoos
Panser
Panser

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:19 pm

YellowMe wrote:Well, first time reviewing something. Let's get started.

For starters, I didn't get bothered by the grass color. It looks fine to me. The enemy placement was very good and the blue spinies were very threatening being invincible and not being able to spin jump on them. The first secret was very rewarding and quite easy to find really. Second one was a little harder to spot and the raccoon leaf wasn't very rewarding. It was only useful for killing the dry bones. I preferred the ice flower because it seems the level was designed for it.

The atmosphere and music here were very calming and beautiful. It made me play the level slowly and carefully, and when I'd get hit, I wasn't angered because the power-up placement is on point. The story behind the level added a little something to the levels atmosphere too. A thing that I found very neat, is when you go down the waterfall in the tower area, you get warped back to the entrance, rather than dying ( this doesn't apply to the right side though X_X ). The end was pretty and made me satisfied when I finished this gorgeous and fun ( and pretty easy ) level.

Well done bossedit8! I enjoyed this level so much! Rating: 9.6/10 ( Also, the music file gave it away )
This is a surprisingly good review for your first time. You should be a level judge.

ZIkeRIT
Swooper
Swooper

Postby ZIkeRIT » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:15 am

We,are the Crystal Gems..nanana..nana.na...

Chm.Chm..I mean...good level,realy good.Inner color of grass is awesome,but grass on these blocks looks bad.Gameplay is awesome.Very good level.I hope that i will see more good levels from you.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:48 am

Falltower Drownage

Design & Gameplay: 9/10 (counts 70%)
This level is really fun and relaxing to play. It has replay value, and the gameplay is not repetitive at all. The placement (enemy, coin, block) is kinda good, I didn't find anything bad about it. Also, I liked the idea of invincible spinies, they added some challenge in the tower. The first ice flower and the leaf are hidden well but they're not brainbreaking to get at all. The level has a p. fair late W1/early W2 difficulty: the length is p. normal, the powerup vs. enemy ratio is good and also the difficulty curve. I also like the idea of invincible spinies, (blue ones) they added some difficulty to the level. Speaking of blue spinies, the npc variety is also wide enough.

Atmosphere & Visuals: 9.5/10 (counts 30%)
The atmosphere was even more relaxing than the gameplay, and I liked it. The music and the waterfalls set the atmosphere very well. There are no clashy gfx, cutoffs or broken effects. There is also a pretty good amount of background objects, the level is not empty at all. I loved the overall atmosphere of the level.

Score: 9.2/10
A great & relaxing level with fantastic atmosphere and gameplay
Moved to 'The Best'

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:31 am

ZIkeRIT wrote:We,are the Crystal Gems..nanana..nana.na...

Chm.Chm..I mean...good level,realy good.Inner color of grass is awesome,but grass on these blocks looks bad.Gameplay is awesome.Very good level.I hope that i will see more good levels from you.
Best review for this.

ZIkeRIT
Swooper
Swooper

Postby ZIkeRIT » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:38 am

We need an Steven playable for this level.Squuushy!!!!!

Erik
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Erik » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:44 pm

ZIkeRIT wrote:We need an Steven playable for this level.Squuushy!!!!!
What the fuck?

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Ludwig von Koopa wrote:
What the fuck?
This level is loosely based off of Steven Universe.
some cartoon bossy watches

Lukas Old Account
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Lukas Old Account » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:46 pm

NO

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:43 pm

Playthrough made:

Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maX-0IO-ZTE

Thank you @YellowMe and @ShadowStarX so much for your reviews on my level!
Lmao if it's gonna be a thing for the future but I don't think it's completly necessary for this level... but if anyone could do that it would be cool though.
Waddle Derp wrote:
Ludwig von Koopa wrote:
What the fuck?
This level is loosely based off of Steven Universe.
some cartoon bossy watches
Sad part is that I haven't watched it for multiple weeks to over a month... really should get back so I can watch these a lot of episodes that I haven't been watched yet lol.

Return to “The Best”