Robotics;Shisetsu [Summer Contest Runner-Up]

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Robotics;Shisetsu [Summer Contest Runner-Up]

Postby Emral » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:21 am

Because hosting these shared name events is just way too much fun...

CC11 2nd place, 9.20/10.00 average.

Obligatory screenshot:
Spoiler: show
This version fixes a few issues present in the version the judges reviewed.

Download this level from Mediafire!

Playthroughs for your desire:
Spoiler: show
Many thanks to Darkonius64, Mudkip, Marina and zlakerboy357 for also participating in the Robotics;Event : )
Last edited by Emral on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Robotics;Shisetsu

Postby zlaker » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:31 am

this would've won if you used 40 switch blocks :(

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:28 pm

0/10 needs more custom gfx

This level is great!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:27 pm

I made a video of this level, so I hope you enjoy it when it is out! (I did not die in the video by the way!)

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:01 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I made a video of this level, so I hope you enjoy it when it is out! (I did not die in the video by the way!)
Alright it seems like you're missing some stuff here. First, I made three playthroughs of my level, myself. Combined, these three are shorter than your video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r47Z5DLeszo Fast Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvBFzeaSM94 Explorative Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMfzb4CBfe4 No CGFX

Why would anyone watch your video if these are shorter, not laggy, and don't have anyone talking over the level for some absurd reason?

Alright, when you're done figuring that one out (spoilers: There is no reason), read on:

I severely dislike it when people make single-level playthroughs of my level without my permission.

My level being in a video of a Tower of Bias series or an episode is absolutely fine by me, but why would you make a video if I make them anyways, especially if yours take way longer and are super laggy? You could say "oh I just want to promote you", to which I reply "that doesn't change a damn thing".

My mindset is pretty closed off about this topic, and there's no way you'll get me to accept this just like that. I suggest you set this video to private, or take it down, since that'd be the easiest way for both of us to close this topic now.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:21 am

Enjl wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I made a video of this level, so I hope you enjoy it when it is out! (I did not die in the video by the way!)
Alright it seems like you're missing some stuff here. First, I made three playthroughs of my level, myself. Combined, these three are shorter than your video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r47Z5DLeszo Fast Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvBFzeaSM94 Explorative Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMfzb4CBfe4 No CGFX

Why would anyone watch your video if these are shorter, not laggy, and don't have anyone talking over the level for some absurd reason?

Alright, when you're done figuring that one out (spoilers: There is no reason), read on:

I severely dislike it when people make single-level playthroughs of my level without my permission.

My level being in a video of a Tower of Bias series or an episode is absolutely fine by me, but why would you make a video if I make them anyways, especially if yours take way longer and are super laggy? You could say "oh I just want to promote you", to which I reply "that doesn't change a damn thing".

My mindset is pretty closed off about this topic, and there's no way you'll get me to accept this just like that. I suggest you set this video to private, or take it down, since that'd be the easiest way for both of us to close this topic now.
First of all, does not a few people always make video playthroughs of levels from the level forum? And second, I plan to do a Tower of Bias Live Stream, you claim to be okay with that; also, I will be making a Speed run of ToB10 where every video is one level like Zyglrox Odyssey is still doing with Make a Good Level X, so what would I do then?

What about people like bossedit8 who play a lot of singe levels on youtube?

What is wrong with Commentary?

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:31 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
First of all, does not a few people always make video playthroughs of levels from the level forum? And second, I plan to do a Tower of Bias Live Stream, you claim to be okay with that; also, I will be making a Speed run of ToB10 where every video is one level like Zyglrox Odyssey is still doing with Make a Good Level X, so what would I do then?

What about people like bossedit8 who play a lot of singe levels on youtube?

What is wrong with Commentary?
Alright, let me go through this one-by-one.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:First of all, does not a few people always make video playthroughs of levels from the level forum?
Not on my levels, because I always make the videos, and tell people to stop making them.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:And second, I plan to do a Tower of Bias Live Stream, you claim to be okay with that; also, I will be making a Speed run of ToB10 where every video is one level like Zyglrox Odyssey is still doing with Make a Good Level X, so what would I do then?
Skip.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:What about people like bossedit8 who play a lot of singe levels on youtube?
I told bossedit about my view 2 years ago. You will only find videos of my levels which I've given him permission to do on his channel. If you have any more people, feel free to link me to them, then I'll tell them as well. I don't actively search for those people, but get furious once I find them.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: What is wrong with Commentary?
Not only is commentary on a platforming game some of the most difficult kind of commentary, high up there with commentary on strategy games, but also your lack of experience with doing such commentary makes it sound unprofessional and boring and makes me want to mute the video. And then I don't have BGM or sound. So I watch my video instead.

No, you don't have permission for this one.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Re: Robotics;Shisetsu [CC12 Runner-Up]

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:23 am

Skipping a level in a let's play goes against how I do this! ToB10 is not alone! I make the video Private, which I see no reason for, but I will 100% every ToB level in that style, I can not have other people ask why I skip a level!

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:27 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Skipping a level in a let's play goes against how I do this! ToB10 is not alone! I make the video Private, which I see no reason for, but I will 100% every ToB level in that style, I can not have other people ask why I skip a level!
Compromise: Please don't forcefully drag the video in your ToB10 playthrough into the length. DON'T try to go for 100% coins or enemy kills. Then I can tolerate it.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:43 am

Enjl wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Skipping a level in a let's play goes against how I do this! ToB10 is not alone! I make the video Private, which I see no reason for, but I will 100% every ToB level in that style, I can not have other people ask why I skip a level!
Compromise: Please don't forcefully drag the video in your ToB10 playthrough into the length. DON'T try to go for 100% coins or enemy kills. Then I can tolerate it.
The only compromise I see is Showing the Hub a in me waling to each level! That is the only way I can make your levels not the sole attractions, but my speed run let's play is still aimed at 100% completion!

Another person that did the same? Did you enter MaGLX an if so, what place!

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Multiversal Traveller/Prismverse's God of Creation
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:17 am

"ROBOTICS;SHISETSU" made by Enjl

REVIEW

LEVEL DESIGN: 10/10

Man, this level is so goddamn big. That I couldn't find the exit. But I found the secret star. It's pretty much a ruined lab based on a volcanic area. Whatever you do, which path you take, it leads you to the beginning. But it was better than anything. No trolls. No goddamn traps. That's what a level should have.

GRAPHICS & MUSIC: 9.5/10

The graphics are perfect! They represent a dusty and ruined lab with a lot of red. And most of the music you've used was pointless. Because Hoohoo Mountain's slowed down version is used in most of the sections.

TOTAL: 9.75/10

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:47 am

Suckerman7 GM wrote:"ROBOTICS;SHISETSU" made by Enjl

REVIEW

LEVEL DESIGN: 10/10

Man, this level is so goddamn big. That I couldn't find the exit. But I found the secret star. It's pretty much a ruined lab based on a volcanic area. Whatever you do, which path you take, it leads you to the beginning. But it was better than anything. No trolls. No goddamn traps. That's what a level should have.

GRAPHICS & MUSIC: 9.5/10

The graphics are perfect! They represent a dusty and ruined lab with a lot of red. And most of the music you've used was pointless. Because Hoohoo Mountain's slowed down version is used in most of the sections.

TOTAL: 9.75/10
All the music is being used.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:41 pm

The graphics look alot familiar to TSRP and I really like how the boss is similar to Fry Guy from Super Mario Bros. 2 where after killing him three times, four small fireballs attack you and you have to kill them to end the battle. :D

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Oh great
A cc12 level has been released
And cc12 didnt even happen yet how great!

Chip Potato
Ninji
Ninji

Postby Chip Potato » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:52 pm

witchking666 wrote:Oh great
A cc12 level has been released
And cc12 didnt even happen yet how great!
The tier that this level was on was revealed, though. It's not against the rules to post a level that's part of a revealed tier. Also, "a" CC12 level? There's like a dozen more that got released besides this one.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Typo.

Chip Potato
Ninji
Ninji

Re: Robotics;Shisetsu [Summer Contest Runner-Up]

Postby Chip Potato » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:24 pm

Enjl wrote:Typo.
Oh. Forget everything I said, then.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:36 am

Wow..... a level that abuses graphics can clash so hard without it's graphics.
It is also funny when the enemies, especially the SMB1 Bowser, fell into the lava. :lol:

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:54 am

My review on Robotics;Shisetsu.

When I saw this level, I was originally thinking that this would just be a SMW level with basic graphics that are HQ and overuse pillow shading.
I was wrong within a few minutes afterward's....

I think that this level had the most effort into it for it being in development for almost a year.
Everything is perfect and a great idea for a puzzle level, and thus you used pretty much most of what a level could have.
I checked the amount of each (you know what) was and it used 7985 Bgos and 99 events.
I don't understand about all of those screw things, XO bombs, grey robots, motor buggys, lava beetles, HQ podoboos and flaming bullets.
And who is that flame cat guy at the end of the level?

Well, frame abuse, cool map design and a boss where I cheated via Hammer suit just to make fun of the boss' third phase all deciders that you should deserve a 10/10.
I bet there's a sequel to this being made already for 2016.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:22 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote:pillow shading
I can assure you

with 100% certainty

that in this level

absolutely nothing is pillowshaded.
Ness-Wednesday wrote: And who is that flame cat guy at the end of the level?
The guardian of the star, if you read the dialogue.
Ness-Wednesday wrote:I cheated via Hammer suit
There's a reason I put a filter in front of the door. Hammers just break this boss like hell.
Ness-Wednesday wrote:frame abuse
?
Ness-Wednesday wrote: I bet there's a sequel to this being made already for 2016.
At best, a level taking place in the same universe.

Return to “The Best”