Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:35 pm

^^^
I believe that was a joke, but that isn't nice at all

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase 2

Postby Snessy the duck » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Ace wrote:Hey guys, I came up with a great idea for custom graphics.
It's monochrome, so it's meant to look a little bit cartoonish in order to make its features stand out. I think this would work perfect in a GameBoy or B&W TV styled level, don't you think :?: :!:
Oh no. NintendoOtaku is gonna sue you.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:41 pm

witchking666 wrote: Not everything has to be fucking SMB3 styled dude, It's kind of rude to reply to someone like that y'know.
Don't worry. I fixed your avatar by SMB3-recolouring it:

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:57 pm

Enjl wrote:
witchking666 wrote: Not everything has to be fucking SMB3 styled dude, It's kind of rude to reply to someone like that y'know.
OMG, nothing escapes the SMB3 curse does it?

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:47 pm

MosaicMario wrote:
Enjl wrote:
OMG, nothing escapes the SMB3 curse does it?
Lmao

arcade999
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby arcade999 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:25 pm

I don't know you, but I believe smb1 graphics fits with smb2 ones.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:55 am

Snessy the duck wrote:
It's monochrome, so it's meant to look a little bit cartoonish in order to make its features stand out. I think this would work perfect in a GameBoy or B&W TV styled level, don't you think :?: :!:
:lol: Good one Snessy! And besides, my style of cartoony monochrome graphics is more 16-bit like... While Ace's custom cartoony graphics uses the 4 shades of gray the monochrome Game Boy can handle! :lol: :P

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:08 am

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
:lol: Good one Snessy! And besides, my style of cartoony monochrome graphics is more 16-bit like... While Ace's custom cartoony graphics uses the 4 shades of gray the monochrome Game Boy can handle! :lol: :P
Here's a comparison between the colours of the original GameBoy and Ace's colours.
The former doesn't have 5 colours straight from the standard paint.net colour wheel.

OtherOtter
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby OtherOtter » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:28 pm

Man, I never post here, but I am looking for feedback in order to improve these Mario graphics. The three are practically the same, except for the ear. Pay close attention to the pixels in the ear of each Mario. Which one do you guys think looks better? Also, what other things do you feel I should fix? I really, really appreciate any criticism given!

DarkWolf658
Snifit
Snifit

Postby DarkWolf658 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:26 pm

OtherOtter wrote:Man, I never post here, but I am looking for feedback in order to improve these Mario graphics. The three are practically the same, except for the ear. Pay close attention to the pixels in the ear of each Mario. Which one do you guys think looks better? Also, what other things do you feel I should fix? I really, really appreciate any criticism given!
I personally like the one in the middle the most

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:29 pm

DarkWolf658 wrote:
OtherOtter wrote:Man, I never post here, but I am looking for feedback in order to improve these Mario graphics. The three are practically the same, except for the ear. Pay close attention to the pixels in the ear of each Mario. Which one do you guys think looks better? Also, what other things do you feel I should fix? I really, really appreciate any criticism given!
Me too. The head seems a lot more round and natural in the middle one.

MacDuckBeat
Panser
Panser
Flair: Neon and edgy artist hehe
Pronouns: he/him

Postby MacDuckBeat » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:08 am

Snessy the duck wrote:
DarkWolf658 wrote:
Me three. In my thoughts, the color palette reminds me of SM2DU/UniMaker color palette(If you don't know what is SM2DU/UniMaker, click the 2DU userbar on my signature).

KesterTank
Banned

Postby KesterTank » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:21 am

RSupertheGreat wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
DarkWolf658 wrote: I personally like the one in the middle the most
Me three. In my thoughts, the color palette reminds me of SM2DU/UniMaker color palette(If you don't know what is SM2DU/UniMaker, click the 2DU userbar on my signature).
Hmm number 3 the gloves are kinda inaccurate now since those unimaker mario sprites have bluish gloves now

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm

The big flower looks bad, but I like the way the mushrooms turned out.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:02 am

PROX wrote:The big flower looks bad, but I like the way the mushrooms turned out.
That some nice shit you have there. The mushrooms look fucking perfect, albeit a bit pinkish. If you want them to be red you should change the hue a little, but that isn't neccesary as they do look good if pink or purple was the colour you were aiming at. I also really like the way your grass texture turned out, some people (myself included) make the grass look too solid or too fluffy, you manages to avoid that. Anyways, good job! It would also be awesome if you were to add some shrubbery made just for this tileset. (like a bush with flowers or a tree stump covered in fungi)

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:21 am

PROX wrote:The big flower looks bad, but I like the way the mushrooms turned out.
I think the Big flower looks very creative imo!

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:23 pm

witchking666 wrote:
That some nice shit you have there. The mushrooms look fucking perfect, albeit a bit pinkish. If you want them to be red you should change the hue a little, but that isn't neccesary as they do look good if pink or purple was the colour you were aiming at. I also really like the way your grass texture turned out, some people (myself included) make the grass look too solid or too fluffy, you manages to avoid that. Anyways, good job! It would also be awesome if you were to add some shrubbery made just for this tileset. (like a bush with flowers or a tree stump covered in fungi)
I already have bushes that work with this. The tree stump is a good idea though.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:36 pm

I really liked this tileset, the mushrooms are great, it looks just right. And the grass is nice as well. You seem to have put some honest effort into this.

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:00 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:I really liked this tileset, the mushrooms are great, it looks just right. And the grass is nice as well. You seem to have put some honest effort into this.
tbh, I made this tileset out of a sizeable that I made for another tileset. Also I just got lucky when it turned out like this.

Anyway, here's something that will be used in my episode in the future. The sprite is still WIP. Welcome to the inconvenience store. The opposite of a toad house.

HenryRichard
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:50 pm

Is it raining inside? :P
The shading is pretty good - I have trouble with round things but you pretty much nailed it.

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”