Community Contest 11 - WE HAVE RESULTS! (TOPIC 1)

Official community level contests.
Ecruteak
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It's been...
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Community Contest 11 - WE HAVE RESULTS! TIERS 1 & 2

Postby Ecruteak » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:06 am

Wait, I'm not in Tier 1 OR Tier 2? This literally just made my day!

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:01 am

tfw mech's level is fucking long but it's in tier 1 and you won't have to play it

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:18 am

Yes! I'm in at least Tier 3. I'm doing better than expected.
And also Mech, commiserations. You put up a good fight, and in my eyes, you made quite a good level if it weren't for the glitches.

h2643
Birdo
Birdo

Postby h2643 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:40 am

Contestants left:
Spoiler: show
65 in total:

bossedit8
Bomber57
Quill
Valtteri
glitch4
Marina
Enjl
Frozen Boo
RudeGuy07
Ludwig von Koopa
Tervantez2345
KingBowserKoopa
Trace42
Darkonius Mavakar
Turtwig
FireLink
zlakerboy357
Chip Potato
AeroMatter
as303298
Uzendayo
SuperMario7
witchking666
TNTtimelord
PROX
Superiorstar
XerX
Dollarluigi
Sewpah
andialifbatara
Shinbison-Kof
PaperPlayerX
Radishl
castlewars
litchh
ElTipsta
Ghostly_Guy
bulletbill43
HealthyMario
AlexGKubbed
Wind
Phazon1111
Willhart
GameClip477
RarePairGaming
dragonfan96
ap3jmpt
h2643 (me)
Rawr
ShyGuy37
Zant
Man1234FK
RoundPiplup
CraftedPbody
Suckerman7 GM
Ace
sezixor
Sinem
Lwiri
Luigifan2010
Sux
PixelatedBlock93
HenryRichard
FrozenQuills
Mudkip
Oh boy, this gets more interesting now.

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:35 am

I'm hoping to make it in the top 10, it'll be pretty cool to see how my skills are since I haven't really made a level in a long time. I got super bored and just created something for the hell of it in a few hours so I probably won't get too far~

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:38 am

Lmao i can't find reghrhres name on the list. I really should stop being awale during the day.

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:46 am

reghrhre wrote:I'm hoping to make it in the top 10, it'll be pretty cool to see how my skills are since I haven't really made a level in a long time. I got super bored and just created something for the hell of it in a few hours so I probably won't get too far~
WAAA Reghrhre still comes back every now and then!! Hi :D Love your avatar :P

Also yay I survived Tiers 1-2. Comissorations to everyone who has had their results posted today.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Community Contest 11 - WE HAVE RESULTS! TIER 1 & 2

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:13 am

Superiorstar wrote:
Cosmik wrote:Even though my level wasn't great, I'm happy I at least landed in tier 2. It was my first level and I started late (8 days before the contest ended) and got very little time to test. Feel so stupid about ending with an SMW star that didn't work :?. Stopped testing every time when I got to that point because I thought it would work and missed probably the most important part of the testing.
Well at least you took responsibility for the level, I hope to see my level in at least tier 4.
Also @spinda You must not remember who are the judges, last time the judging was really crude, it's like a rubberband effect.
Yeah, I am also happy that I unexpectedly didn't get into Tier 1 which would have been what I wished since it was completley bad..

Sewpah
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sewpah » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:33 am

I'm expecting to make it to tier 4, 5 or 6. My level isn't great, but it isn't bad nor terrible neither.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:37 am

finally I passed tier 2! really want to see more results..

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:51 am

Linik wrote:Yes! I'm in at least Tier 3. I'm doing better than expected.
And also Mech, commiserations. You put up a good fight, and in my eyes, you made quite a good level if it weren't for the glitches.
You have to be kidding me, may I explain why my contest leels are as long as they are?

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:58 am

Linik wrote:Yes! I'm in at least Tier 3. I'm doing better than expected.
What glitches. Am i blind bc i didn't see one of thw judges talk about any glitches.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:02 am

Linik wrote:And also Mech, commiserations. You put up a good fight, and in my eyes, you made quite a good level if it weren't for the glitches.
Since when 1 hour long levels are good
also I made custom medal for everyone in tier 1 enjoy

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:10 am

RudeGuy07 wrote:
Linik wrote:And also Mech, commiserations. You put up a good fight, and in my eyes, you made quite a good level if it weren't for the glitches.
I got last place in CC6, do I deserve that?

And I adore long levels! It can be beaten very fast anyway!

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:12 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
RudeGuy07 wrote:

Erm, you didn't get last place in CC6. You came fourth-to-last place, and below you was Chill Pingu, SnifitGuy and Quill (yes, Quill).

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:14 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
RudeGuy07 wrote:

Yeah, sure, it might be able to be beaten fast since you're the creator. To someone who hasn't played the level at all before and has no idea what to expect, it takes forever.

By the way, for those worried about levels being cut from the game, you don't need to worry about that. All levels will be present, but a select few decided by the judges will be made optional. So yes, the first level of Tier 1 will be required if you're going for 100% :P

RoundPiplup
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Postby RoundPiplup » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:31 am

RudeGuy07 wrote:
Yay, beginner's luck medal. No wait... I don't think what I just said fits. Never mind.

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Community Contest 11 - WE HAVE RESULTS! TIERS 3 & 4

Postby Valtteri » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:55 am

Here's tiers 3 and 4. Notice that I rearranged the tiers to correspond what they will be in Tower of Biased 10. Some levels from the end of tier 1 moved to tier 2, some moved from tier 2 to 3.

Tier 3 Places 62-69
69. alti0204tri - Jungle Rhythm (3.82/10)
  • Bomber57 (3.0/10)
    • Alright, this level was way more difficult than it should've been. I think it's real nice that you decide to fuck the player over at the start by putting an unexpected enemy in the first set of item blocks in the level, that was real nice. It was also real nice of you to not indicate that you can't jump on the Fighter Flies without getting hurt. The design was ugly and was mostly big squares of ground in the jungle. The level had many cutoffs, in both BGO, blocks and even in custom npcs. In the area with the rows of spikes that rise and fall the enemies you decided to put on them can glitch out into the blocks. Like mario, this causes them to achieve warp speed and fly off in a direction. In my case, fly into me and cause my death. The worst part of the whole level were the two long line platform sections. Both of them have no powerups, and both of them are extremely hard (in the case of the second, next to impossible). You shouldn't put two volcano lotuses and a venus fire trap near each other on a line platform. You really shouldn't. I could never get past the part where you have to hit the three switch blocks with shells quickly or else Mario wont continue with the line platform and will fall to his death (or be forced to kill himself). Largely unenjoyable due to the difficulty, lack of powerups, and the checkpoint being far into the level considering that difficulty.
    bossedit8 (2.5/10)
    • This level wasn't that enjoyable for me to get over everything as of this level contains. I do like the background placements though but everything else like the enemy placements and that stupid moving layer ruins it for me. If you wait for too long at the earlier areas the moving layers will desyncs by itself and they'll create cutoff at the bottom. This level literally learns how to usulize shells onto unreachable switches like that in order to advance. There are places that you can unfaily stuck in this level. Later on the level gets incredible difficult and unreliable depends of what you're doing and one mistake you have to do the whole level again since this locates near the halfway point. The rest is traveling through spikes with your fairy power and other stuff. There are 2 stars in this level.
    Chad (3.5/10)
    • This was not a fun level. Honestly, it felt very much like you wanted to include a lot of gimmicks, but didn't put enough thought into how those would work for someone other than the designer. The first section is decent, it's standard but has nice enemy placement, platform design, and construction, and I like the switching platform line and spikebars gimmicks (although the P-switch part there was just unnecessary waiting). But after that, I'm afraid it all sort of falls apart and the rest of the level skyrockets in difficulty after initially offering the player something tamer. No checkpoint has been obtained by the time the player enters Section 2, and you're supposed to activate both platforms at once. It's not apparent they're both mandatory and not a choice, but even if you do activate both of them, you have to deal with a Nipper that goes between both platforms frequently while the route is constantly changing, which is rather incredibly difficult because it's highly unpredictable while taking up all of the only safe space you have. After that, you have a split in the road indicated by a coin arrow, which I was already having difficulty trusting by that point, so I went the other way first. The checkpoint only appears on one route, but both desperately need it, because the difficulty climbs even higher from here. The fairy/spike route is the one that warns you about difficulty, but I'm pretty sure the platform route is even harder. For one thing, the Piranha Plant fireballs are extremely effective on any part of the lines, and then you have to focus on Lotuses which are already painful enough, and then immediately adjust to hitting three switches off to the side with perfect speed. Those are at least somewhat generous in letting the platforms come back briefly if you miss, but it's very difficult in this level in general to focus on stuff other than the moving platforms and projectiles constantly coming in, especially when the platform lines are hard to see sometimes and the level only gives you enough time if you already know what's coming from having died to it at least once before. I did enjoy the P-switch run in this area, though. The maze is interestingly crafted and dead-ends are forgiving. The other route isn't very nice either, though. The fairy tunnels are so precise that you have to go extremely slow in the hopes that SMBX's strict hitbox detection won't catch you. This is made more irritating by the fact that when the sign tells you to hit two switches but leave the other two switches alone, you have no way of knowing which one the second one is until you guess and either end up right/wrong and you can either proceed or die, and because this route has no midpoint, that means doing the entire level over. Overall, I admire the creativity and ambition in this level and it has a lot of cool ideas, but they need to be ironed out a lot before they're reasonable to play by those other than the creator.
    Quill (6.1/10)
    • I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I did like the variety, but sometimes it was a little annoying such as with the platform and the On/Off switches which could sometimes glitch out. That whole fairy segment was disappointing as you had to hope you hit the right switches or you had to backtrack a lot to hit the right ones again. More indication there would have been fantastic. The design overall is decent and there were some good and some bad parts. Work on polishing this one up.
    Valtteri (4.0/10)
    • This is an interesting level. I think you went too far with the switches that needed to be hit by carefully aimed shell throws WHEN the moving platform was at the right spot on the track or else you couldn't progress. The hardcore path was interesting, and crazy hard. And you had to guess which switches to hit which isn't as much of a challenge as it is just a thing you must chance. The level is filled with all sorts of plants which fits a jungle so props for that, except for the lazily scaled treetop BGOs which look horrible. The crusher spiked logs and everything attached to them are slowly getting dislocated as they move up and down at different speeds and unfortunately it is impossible to make objects at different speeds move the same exact distance in SMBX.
68. Cosmik - Secret Desert Tar Sands (4.12/10)
  • Bomber57 (5.0/10)
    • Mmhm, this is a desert with sand, and there is some tar about the place. Secret? Not so much. Nothing too spectacular about this one. The graphics were plain but managed to work a little. The last skull raft ride was too hectic, having three podoboos and a thwomp in quick succession. Also, the level ends in a SMW star rather than a SMB3 one, so the level never actually ends, you just get the star and then commit suicide. Was this level trying to say that shiny things don't bring you happiness? Who knows? Maybe that is the true secret of the Secret Desert Tar Sands.
    bossedit8 (1.0/10)
    • Overloaded graphical construction in a small level. This level was kinda messy and highly flawed. Being big is pretty much suicide since your timing has to be overly perfect in order to manage. Secret was strange but at least it kinda works as a secret and this level doesn't even have enough dragon coins in it. Only 3. At the end you get a SMW star, not a SMB3 star which basically means there's no way you can beat the level unless you die which is terrible. No thanks!
    Chad (5.5/10)
    • This is a really interesting level. It's a desert level with a strong mechanical feel to it, and I like the focus on tricky jumps and enemy evasions alongside navigating around moving layers. The tight design has an intriguing effect on this difficulty as well, requiring careful planning from the player to squeeze around the narrow obstacles, which is pretty entertaining. However, it's a little bit overkill in several places. Sometimes the opportunity, time, or space to avoid something just isn't there, and getting through some of it almost comes down to luck. The Spiny generator at the start combined with the moving platform, for example, make the Spinies' movements inconsistent and unpredictable, while the crushers up above leave you with little room to squeeze through considering SMBX's very strict tolerance for that. The skull rafts, which put you on a fixed path in a narrow space, tend to leave the player no choice but to take a Podoboo hit if luck isn't kind to them. The level's at least short, so at least there isn't a massive amount of level to redo, although I'd say the start of the inside section would be a good place for a midpoint. Also, don't use the SMW star as an exit star, because then you force players to manually kill themselves after grabbing it. Don't put every graphic in the game in the level's folder either, because that makes it take several minutes to load for no reason.
    Quill (5.1/10)
    • The SMW star being the exit was weird as it gives the impression that it's just a secret star. But oh man, you have to kill yourself to exit the level! Also, those red blocks at the start move way too slow. As for the rest of the level, it's pretty basic and could do with a little more length too. It was a nice attempt though.
    Valtteri (4.0/10)
    • Yeah, the level ends with a SMW star and therefore can't be escaped by other than committing suicide. It's a pretty out of ordinary desert level with an underground section with thwomps. The level is relatively short. Overall I don't like the messy nature of the level. An illusion of boiling oil coming out of upward pipes was attempted and it turned out blocky.
67. jasonbt - Cold Mansion (4.15/10)
  • Bomber57 (3.75/10)
    • I was expecting a nice icy ghost house level, but I guess I was set up to be disappointed. Its really just a long, difficult series of platforms. Some things were really unfair, like having a pipe with spikes on top that had both a venus fire trap and a jumping pirahna plant coming out of it, so you had to time your jump really well or die. There were several spots with just cruel placement of enemies, most of the offenders being blue beach koopas who would kick shells at you.
    bossedit8 (4.0/10)
    • Good music choice, typical ghost house level with no puzzles involved and then enemy placement has gone insane. SMW ghost house. You sure things are taking it easy in a ghost house but this time, rather than puzzle on nearly any ghost houses, this is just pure enemy and obstacle course right there. There's even enemies that normally aren't shown in a ghost house level in SMW like spinies, lakitus from pipes and even charging chucks. Speaking of those charging chucks, there's one spot where you have to jump through a one block hole at the ceiling in order to get through the area originally. There weren't any coins in this level, only dragon coins and even a random SMB3 green P Switch which can be used to make the level easier which is ok. One NPC which is the sliding blue beach koopa has a wrong death effect. I don't like that I can go through the sizeable blocks since those blocks are supposed to be solid in SMW but in SMBX apparently they aren't. I also don't like how you used those SMB3 spikes like that I mean you could of just used SMW spikes as custom graphics rather than having them originally there like it is... it would of be much for fitting that way if they were SMW. After the halfway point it gets more hectic since there's even more enemies along your way and on top of that there's blue beach koopas with some empty shells on your way... not fun to look at it of all of these kickings. Also I find this mean that you put Lakitus inside those spikes since they're making it even harder to damage that NPC if you want to destroy them. At least this level wasn't too long nor too short but even then, you will gain issues with all of those enemies along the way including kicked shells.
    Chad (4.5/10)
    • This level's... okay. For the most part it's basic platforming and enemies, which are placed to offer some challenge, but you have some interesting ideas regarding the use of narrow passages and Chargin' Chucks. However, the enemies become very numerous in the second half, and putting shell-kickers directly next to their shells is never a good idea because it requires the player to avoid something fast before even knowing it's there. The setup of the ones at the end are creative, but the Munchers are overkill. Otherwise, it's a pretty ordinary level in at its core, but is somewhat intriguing in terms of enemy challenges, even if it's a little much.
    Quill (4.5/10)
    • Some interesting ideas were presented in this level. Just work on polishing up your level and playing through other people's levels so your level design can improve! I liked the dead lakitu. Little easter eggs are great.
    Valtteri (4.0/10)
    • This is a decent Ghost House, although short. I would tone down with the spikes. You put them in places where they didn't look very good. You placed a tad too many Koopas, I would say.
66. blue_kirby - Summer Island (4.16/10)
  • Bomber57 (1.25/10)
    • The level is a real short vanilla level. Sometimes enemies got a little too cluttered, especially in the "cave" area. I don't have too much to say, but those skeletons were pretty spooky.
    bossedit8 (2.75/10)
    • At least we have some nice short levels going on in this area. This level was ok with regular grass, cave and partually water area but it was short in general. Lack of sceneries, cramped cave area and messed up water hitboxes at the surfaces. SMB3 and SMW combined into this level like tiles, enemies and all that such. Secrets were nonexistence except for one at the very end. Not much to say but it's short level design but I did like your music choice though.
    Chad (5.0/10)
    • A short level with rather simple design, but a pleasant run nonetheless. The first half is pretty standard running, jumping, and swimming, while the second half is a little more entertaining due to requiring more precise maneuvering and having more strategic enemy placement. However, the pipes and underwater area are a little too narrow and restrictive when it comes to movement and enemy evasion. Overall, I think the level could have used a bit more to it, as it only took me a couple minutes to get through, but what's here isn't bad.
    Quill (6.3/10)
    • Short and sweet. I thought the transition into the cavern was an interesting idea. Overall, this level while super short, was pleasant to play through. Some interesting ideas were presented here, just extend it!
    Valtteri (5.5/10)
    • I kind of like the underground section merged with the overworld section. Otherwise it's a very standard overworld level. The design is okay and the visuals, too, although background objects are completely missing from this level and it definitely needs at least some. It's pretty short, too.
65. Luigifan2010 - Chocolate Cereal (4.29/10)
  • Bomber57 (4.25/10)
    • Looked decent at first, but once you go into the negative world it sorta falls apart. Enemies are placed unfairly and, toward the end there is a lot of cutoff and graphics placed in random places. This didn't even happen in other parts of the negative world so I can't consider it a style choice. Also this level has only two powerups and I only found one.
    bossedit8 (3.5/10)
    • You want another chocolate for your health? Too bad this place is so mean that you probably won't have another new chocolate bar in your entire life just because as of how horrible this place is especially after the checkpoint. Anyway, the whole idea of this level was ok but sometimes it seems not too well experimented like at the bonus section where I can easily get stuck at after the enemy despawns at the top while I'm inbetween those 2 different switch block walls. Your idea of having tree branches as platforms was ok but for the beginners they have no idea if you could be able to stand on them or not since usually they're here for background object materials rather than actual standable blocks. Obstacles were ok but sometimes a bit too difficult with all of these enemies on my way. After you order a potion from a pipe that you have to activate via a switch you have to go through the same way back but in a different section including reversal stuff like the background and even the music. Once you are back at the beginning during the reverse there's cutoff at the landmass and there's your star with a coin-formed heart typed via keyboard <3.
    Chad (3.5/10)
    • This level's... sort of a mess, honestly. The first half has some fairly standard design aside from troublesome enemies around a moving pipe you have to wait a while for, but between that and the other dimension doesn't really have a lot going on. There's also a bonus room that I don't understand the point of, because there's no way to get up to the On/Off switch and the Koopa despawns so you could actually get stuck inside the green block wall and be forced to quit. The alternate world, though a really neat idea, is just a section that doesn't feel like there was really a plan to it. You've got a Banzai Bill that sort of traps the player under the blocks, overlapping blocks, haphazardly spammed clouds, and a broken sizable. That's basically all there was to it, and the only noteworthy thing I can really take away from it is the changing of dimensions. The music and background do a good job of establishing the concept, but the execution of everything else doesn't really work as a decent level.
    Quill (4.2/10)
    • What chad said
    Valtteri (6.0/10)
    • This is a pretty great level, although short. It's an overworld level with a few twists. I like how you can jump on the tree branches. Then there's an inverted dimension. There are some Dragon Coins that you can only collect in the other dimension but overall I think a lot more could have been done with the concept. Also, the sizables overlap and cut off badly in the inverted dimension.
64. RudeGuy07 - Cosmic Underwater Tiles (4.36/10)
  • Bomber57 (1.5/10)
    • A really unenjoyable experience. The level is way too difficult, especially in the second half. The first half is an outdoor space area, and the level starts off by having the long stretch of ground you are on sink without warning. You then have to run like hell to the right and hope the ground is still high enough to reach safety. Because there are bullet bills attached to this they fly in an odd manner, which can lead to you getting killed. There are these angry stars that replace firebars that are always placed in the most inconvenient locations and its very hard to avoid them, especially considering all that is going on in this level. The second section has you jumping across jagged asteroids that move to the left, and the sign warns you of a glitch where the right-facing slopes will launch you forward, but that you can also "use it to your advantage" and that it is "not that harmful". They really tended to send me flying into the abyss or hazards more than anything, so yeah, they were really harmful. Once you reach the checkpoint you are inside a mechanical fortress filled to the brim with annoying projectile enemies placed in annoying locations. I mean stuff like having a hammer bro near some sawblades, a jumping blue koopa troopa and some fire, or two rotating spike balls in a narrow corridor where you either barely scrape by or get hit. You have to go a long way to get to the checkpoint, and an equally long way after to get to the end of the level. Given the difficulty and how few powerups you get, this is really unfair. Oh yeah, for some reason the door to the last section with the star has the warp set up as a pipe for some reason, which ends up sticking you in the ground and getting you stuck there. You can't escape, so the level is impossible to complete.
    bossedit8 (3.0/10)
    • Uff... for such an excuse for making a "unwater" based rock formations in space makes me feel that it would of been an interesting level... but no, it's not! It's something I really want to just get to the level editor and then fly threw it entirely instead because the whole level design is just too much for the player to handle and other times they're broken but not as broken as you make such run-time errors at least. Beginning, you earn no warning except for the explosion effect as you hear and then you have to be quick or else you die at the very first rock formation. Some angry stars are so annoyingly placed that you either need a helpful device in order to jump over or other times at the correct timing since some of them they get that cluttered up that it gets too much for the player to handle with all of the other NPCs and blocks to handle especially after the halfway point. Moving slopes is never fun to deal with especially that they cause glitches as where you stand on because standing on a top-right slope while it moves horizontally the player will launch off of the platform and you have no idea what's underneeth so you either are lucky enough to actually stand on another rock formation or other times you simply fall into your death. There are NPCs which do not have a correct death effect and others if a yellow beach koopa enters a yellow shell it will turn into SMW kamikaze shell rather than the SMB3 kamikaze shell. Some dragon coins were super annoying to get. Enemy placements were waayy too much for the player to handle and on top of that, there's even places that are too narrow to avoid these enemies. Seriously, if you're gonna put this many enemies on my way, at least have something to kill them easily to get rid of them all but as of right now, you're kinda spamming on my way including some lack of movement ability with the ceiling at the inside section. Back at the outside section after the halfway point, this is the part where it seems that it has been rush a bit because some layers didn't seem to disappear. Gimmicks were ok but it seems that it gets too much for this one level right here and yes, it's kind of rehashed from one area to another with the same gimmicks involved especially the glitchy parts with the slopes. Also, if you fall just once at the secondary "rehashed" gimmick you basically screwed. Later on after that you gain blocks that are real and fake almost like megaman based blocks and during the same section there's even a massive cutoff at the far right of the section means that this part of the level is literally rushed and on top of that, once you get to the end of that section there is a giant error with the warp. Rather than having that on a door warp, it's a pipe based warp and with that, once you're big you physically get clipped off inside the wall and you have to be small in order to get to the last section where the star is. Terrible! At least the music was alright.
    Chad (2.5/10)
    • I'm sorry, but to get straight to the point and be blunt, this level is completely unreasonable. It is massively long, filled to the brim with excessively difficult gimmicks, and bugs which make the level more of an ordeal than a fun experience. The basic construction and presentation are gorgeous and the gimmicks are impressively imaginative, so I can appreciate that and the amount of effort this level must have taken. However, there are frankly so many things wrong with how it plays that I just couldn't enjoy myself. It starts you off with really long sinking land, which not only doesn't even indicate that it's sinking until it's too late, but also requires full speed from the very start (and not taking a hit for any of it). Then, you have a section full of horizontally moving asteroids with slopes, and although they look pretty cool, if you're actively aware that something's buggy and need to warn the player, don't include it. The gameplay is extremely fragile there on top of the inherent difficulty, and you could have just used corner tiles. Everything else between here and the checkpoint is all right. Very challenging, but possible, and I like how you used the Grinders and line-guided platforms, often together. Hazards are placed really well to make things nice and tricky. However, you bring the buggy asteroids back, then introduce blocks that alternate between solid and not. The gimmick is always a neat idea, but these have only minimal indication and require timed leaps of faith in areas that already have quite enough dangers without them, making them highly unintuitive for this level. And at the very end, the warp is broken. If you're not small, you'll get stuck in the ground, unless the player thinks to re-enter the door and intentionally take a hit to make room for themselves in the warp. Another unfortunate factor is because this level is extremely long and filled with many different events and gimmicks, I dealt with consistent lag through absolutely all of this. Imagine what a 2.5-second delay must be like in slowdown time. I also didn't care for the hidden boss, because you can break it just by staying on the cannon to the right, the entrance requires a hit (and can only be found in the editor), and beating it makes nothing happen so you actually get stuck there. That's before the midpoint, so that means restarting the entire first half. I want to like this level and the work put into it, but it's insane and broken in multiple fundamental ways that I just can't find enjoyment in it.
    Quill (7.3/10)
    • I liked the atmosphere in this level, but found the factory/castle part of this level totally unneeded. It was just an excuse to extend the level's length (which should be shortened) I think it would have been better if you stuck to the theme at the start of the level. The warning about the asteroid was kinda funny as it said that glitching through blocks could sometimes help you, but it actually killed me! Woo.
    Valtteri (7.5/10)
    • You should have some indication at the first part for the collapsing ground. Everyone will be dragged to their death the first time they'll play this. I noticed the ground was moving downwards but didn't realize it would take me into the pit and that I should run fast. I kind of liked the flying asteroid part, even though it was glitchy. The custom Bob-omb is missing the correct death effect. The exit warp can take you inside the floor in the exit section getting you stuck. Overall the level looks nice and besides the few gameplay problems it functions well.
63. as303298 - Level 5-3 (4.39/10)
  • Bomber57 (2.5/10)
    • People keep trying so hard to make rocket barrels work in SMBX, and this one is another that fails. It uses the Airship Pieces as your vehicle (very glitchy) and the difficulty is rather high. It took me a while to figure out how to get past the big Grrrols on platforms at first, which I feel should be a little more obvious. The level ends in a SMB3 Roulette rather than a star. The level does have a star but its impossible to reach, so yeah.
    bossedit8 (6.75/10)
    • Autoscrolling Barrel-ride type of level! Getting a power up at the very beginning needs to be done quickly or else you miss it entirely. Now for the barrel ride itself. It's actually rare to find something like that in this kind of level but one little issue as of what I have with this NPC is that any enemy can ride on that NPC which can end off rather bad if it happens. You have to be very careful in this level to get accross spikes, enemies and projectiles or else you're done for. The level has veriety of obstacles and enemies you have to deal with. At least this level wasn't long to get through it all but apparently there's a SMB3 roulette exit rather than a SMB3 star exit. Also, it seems that there are some unused sections that over there there is a hidden layer that usually appears the SMB3 star but since the section is so unused it's physically impossible to get.
    Chad (3.0/10)
    • Sorry, but this isn't enjoyable. It revolves completely around the buggy airship piece, this one has an ambiguous hitbox, and the level's full of tight spiky passages, projectiles, awkwardly-synced generators, and a rather fast auto-scroll all at once. At least it's really short, and the amount of thought you put into each set of obstacles is interesting, but it's asking a lot.
    Quill (5.2/10)
    • The Barrel thing (basically the ridable cloud) is a glitchy mess, so a whole level based around it was not such a good idea in my opinion. The level is thankfully short though, so if you manage to be extra careful and not glitch yourself to your death, it's over fairly quickly. I do appreciate the attempt, but the clown car would have been much better here.
    Valtteri (4.5/10)
    • This level is a rocket ship ride. The downfall of the level would be the rocket ship's ridiculous brokenness. You can't touch ANYTHING solid with it or you're bound to fall off and die. This makes the level extremely frustrating with the numerous cramped passageways. It doesn't help either that the level would be difficult even without the glitchy nature of the ship. Luckily the level is mercifully short. It looks nice, too.
62. Sinem - Rodanja (4.39/10)
  • Bomber57 (3.0/10)
    • Welcome to the big boring flat castle. This level has those jumps where you can just barely reach the platform above you, and makes me feel like I should have played with Luigi instead. If this is what the author intended then they should have informed the player. Hey, did you want to leave the level even though you are almost at the end? Here's this door that is here for some unexplicable reason. Entering the door ends the level. What the heck.
    bossedit8 (3.25/10)
    • Outside castle area. I find this level decently designed with enemies and obstacles included. Some jumps were pretty difficult to manage. Some enemy placements were kinda mean like that shell from a generator that's coming towards me. This level has a probek checkpoint which means once you grab it and then die, you immediadly die and you can't process the level any further at the halfway point just because there is a sizeable that goes off the screen and the game thinks that you're in the different section but clearly you aren't. There's a door that exits the level entirely, is that even necessary? The boss was ok but sometimes it gets way too much for the player to handle.
    Chad (5.5/10)
    • A decently-designed castle level offering a fairly standard range of hazards. The generated bombs, fences, and pillars to help you get higher do offer somewhat of a variety, but the second half doesn't really offer much aside from being a pathway to the boss. The pillars are a bit too demanding in terms of precise jumps, and the shell generator on the way to the boss door is extremely sudden and nearly impossible to anticipate. The boss is cleverly made, by offering multiple phases and giving you other things to avoid from the sidelines, but the statue/shell spam was unnecessary and the switch/bombs are a useless distraction that only serves to give the player even more to avoid. The boss could have ended after the first clone phase and it would have been fine. It's still doable, just not fun past that point. Overall, this level's somewhat average, but with a few things that could be ironed out a bit, which would also include a broken midpoint.
    Quill (5.2/10)
    • It's pretty simple to play through which is alright. Work on polishing up the level. The boss battle sucks a lot because you have to kill him a grand total of 4 times before he gives up and the boss can get pretty messy with projectiles too.
    Valtteri (5.0/10)
    • I like how the signs first rudely tell you to get out and then give you tips on how to progress in the level. :P Overall I think it's a pretty decent castle level. It's pretty well designed. The boss drags maybe a bit too long. You kill the axe brother like 10 times.
Tier 4 Places 54-61
61. Phazon1111 - Skyward Slopes (4.39/10)
  • Bomber57 (4.5/10)
    • Not too bad of a level, but its really flat in a lot of areas. The actual level layout never got interesting, and instead would be mostly flat areas. The Boom Boom boss was unexpected but still easy because its Boom Boom. The effect where the mushrooms rise out of the ground after you beat him was pretty cool actually. I would've liked to see more effects like that in the level, but that was the only instance where it happened. Also, for whatever reason the Pirahna Plant is glitched as its animation is very broken.
    bossedit8 (2.75/10)
    • This was kinda short and there were no sceneries what so ever which makes this level bland aswell. Some enemy placements were not that great like at the beginning the goomba just fells down the cliff... what a horrible way to become a goomba today. Next are those piranha plants that looks like that they don't really come out straight from the pipes, they're like floating a little bit over it. Thankfully there's only 2 of those but still you need a working piranha plant and not a broken one like that. Some effects are missing aswell like the hammer brothers like that they aren't correct. There were no secrets to discover throughout the level. There was one block missing inside the tiles results in cutoff. At the near end you have to fight Boom Boom and after that sizeable mushroom blocks appear from the ground which was quite nice what you did there. After that some further obstacles and then there's your star.
    Chad (5.0/10)
    • This isn't a bad level, but it's not the most interesting. It's mainly standard jumps and enemy placements with not a lot to liven it up, especially since you can get a blue shell halfway through the level with Yoshi and fly over most of the remainder. There is a basic Boom Boom fight and I like the platform events that occur afterwards, but other than that it's a pretty ordinary level.
    Quill (4.7/10)
    • You probably should have playtested your level some more. Some enemy graphics are broken, either completely or have some weird mask issues. I would have liked to see more creativity in the design as I see elements of SMB1's 1-1 here. The rising mushrooms after you beat Boom Boom was pretty neat though.
    Valtteri (5.0/10)
    • This is a decent overworld level. The Goombas spawning out of a pit was funny but they kept killing themselves.
60. Ace - Catch That Star! (4.54/10)
  • Bomber57 (3.0/10)
    • Oh hey it's that thing from Rayman. I really wanted to like this level for what it does but it's simply too difficult. I don't think the concept translates well into SMBX because of how different the physics are. I would keep falling behind whenever I had to jump up steps or slopes and, if I didn't die before, would get to the part with the bubbles of water and die because I would get crushed by the moving layer. So yeah, great concept, not so great execution.
    bossedit8 (6.0/10)
    • CATCH! THAT! STAR! This level was surely unique since you basically have to run behind a star and you have to do this quickly aswell. This is also one of the levels which you have to memorize everything as of what's happening since one tiny slip off and then you're done for. The whole design was just multithemed of grass, vulcano, castle, airship and further on combined into one. At least this level wasn't too long to actually finish it off but for the whole memory tasking and quickly realize what's going on in this area screams like "Kaizo"... also the music seems pretty weird but oh well. Overall, this level was pretty unique but everything has to be done quickly or else you die and it's all about memory in order to complete it.
    Chad (3.5/10)
    • I love what this level tried to do, and the events and presentation do a fantastic job of introducing it, as well as changing the background as it went along. However, the design is too complex for the speed that is demanded of the player. You insist on only using Mario or Luigi, but eventually I did try it with Toad and I still couldn't finish it as him. The farthest I could get were the flying fish, which require some minor slowing down and planning to avoid when the scrolling won't allow you a moment's hesitation. The bubbles are intensely difficult to get through as well (and as far as I could get with Mario), and that's assuming the lowering pipes beforehand didn't bug your jump and kill you that way. It looks like I got almost to the end, and the level isn't that long, but as it stands it's a bit unreasonable. It appears to still be in the realm of possibility and it's a great effort to do something really interesting, but it's definitely overkill.
    Quill (7.2/10)
    • This was a really interesting concept! The level is pretty difficult, but that's a little more managable with the relatively short length. The scrolling is a little too fast in my opinion, especially with a slower character, but it was still pretty fun.
    Valtteri (3.0/10)
    • Nice concept and all but I can't beat this. It's too fast. Other judges made it further in the level to my knowledge (I get stuck at the pipes before the water bubble part). It isn't very beautiful to look at for the most part either. It focuses on the chase.
59. ShyGuy37 - Spike Woods (4.56/10)
  • Bomber57 (2.25/10)
    • This is probably one of the easiest levels I have ever played. There are only about 12 enemies in the entire level. The rest of the NPC space is taken up by 465 coins. There are also two stars, and which one you get depends on whether you go in the upward or downward pipe after hitting the P-switch. Not much to say, but this one was short and boring because there was pretty much nothing in my way.
    bossedit8 (6.25/10)
    • Simple forest level that I really like because it was easy compared to some other annoying levels. Not much to say on this level though since there are areas that are lacking enemy placements and others a lot of coins for you to collect. Long corridor of coins in a cave area! Secrets were kinda hard to find at first since for the most part they're hidden. There are 2 stars in this level depends of which way you're going after you press the P switch. One is the cave area which is short and the sky area which is short aswell but overall I do like this level even for being simplistic and easy but it was nice.
    Chad (4.5/10)
    • A decent SMW overworld level. Gameplay is pretty standard fare, jumping over hazards and sizable blocks, exploring a cave, going through pipes, swimming a bit, normal stuff. The platforms are nicely arranged, but you can sort of just breeze through everything, which makes the level come off like it's supposed to be more complicated than it really is. I feel a little bit like the pipes leading you to the P-switch are unnecessary padding, because you don't do anything except run left through closed-off parts of areas you've already seen. Something more puzzling would have provided more entertainment. I also would have liked for the spikes to play a bigger role considering they're clearly the theme of the level, but you can pretty much ignore them mostly. It's not an unpleasant level nor is it stressful by any means, but the end result is purely average to me. It seems to want to accomplish more than it does, and most of what it offers can be bypassed almost effortlessly.
    Quill (4.8/10)
    • It's a cute little level, but it doesn't really have much to it, you know? It's just your average SMW level. Add something that'll make it stand out from the crowd.
    Valtteri (5.0/10)
    • This is an okay grass level. I kind of liked the crossing paths where you would be taken back to an early part of the level with the P-Switch to reach an area you were previous only able to walk by. You could tone down with the coins. Coins are good but you shouldn't give them to the player for free in such high amounts.
58. Suckerman7 GM - Shiverstone Mountains (4.63/10)
  • Bomber57 (5.0/10)
    • The slow autoscroll was peaceful at first, but then it decided to go on for 5 minutes with little variation in the level. It's pretty much a SMB3 snow overworld, flat section, pit, slightly higher flat section, some pipes, then another flat section. Repeat. I was surprised there was a checkpoint and a bunch more level after the 5 minute autoscroll. It really goes on for too long. Also, after the checkpoint there is a pipe that is impossible to jump over unless you are Luigi. There is nothing that informs the player you need to be Luigi, so I don't even know.
    bossedit8 (6.25/10)
    • Autoscroll at the first segment, Manualscroll at the second segment. The first section was ok but it gets boring eventually as the autoscroll progresses since it's just the samething over and over. At the halfway point there are now Snifits attacking you like regular Snifits but now there's one part where you need at least an enemy to jump over a 6 block tall pipe or else you need Luigi in order to make it. Without any boost you forcefully have to die and there's no invisible blocks nor any indication for that tall pipe. The rest is just the same type of thing you have to do so there's nothing special but at least the background objects as of where it has been played was enjoyable to look at except for a few background objects missing at the snowy atmosphere but oh well.
    Chad (4.0/10)
    • A simple SMB3 overworld autoscroller. It has a pleasant atmosphere, considering the music, falling snow, and scenery. The design's pretty basic as well, with a seldomly-changing landscape and sporadic enemy placements, making the difficulty comfortably easy. However, the autoscrolling is very slow. So much so that I spent half my time in the level just waiting for new parts to appear. It went on for long enough that I was ready for the level to end even before the midpoint, and not much new is introduced after that except for the neat Snifit graphic and a pipe that only Luigi can jump over. Sorry, but while the level's nice to look at, it isn't very engaging to play.
    Quill (4.4/10)
    • That first half absolutely kills the level. The auto scroll is painfully slow and the level is super bland. The second half is much better, but it's still pretty basic. Work on adding some variety and remove the auto scroll.
    Valtteri (3.5/10)
    • The first section does not need to autoscroll. That was so boring. It's a standard snow overworld area. Besides this issue I thought this was an okay level. The enemy placement is good and the design is neat. There's nice decoration, too.
57. Dollarluigi - Find Your Happy Place so You Will Not Die (4.67/10)
  • Bomber57 (2.75/10)
    • I don't think this level knew what it even wanted to be. First it was a boring, flat SMB3 overworld, then it was SMW lava underground, then it was a SMB1 overworld hellscape, then it was a forest, and then it was a castle. Like, it'd be fine if you made the themes fit together (even then it'd be a stretch) but christ this level was all over the place. Not much to say, but it has probably the worst switch puzzle I have ever seen in my entire life. That section was technically impossible too because a crucial jump was simply too high for Mario. Might've been fine for Luigi but technically a general level should be built for all the characters (save Link in most cases). Kinda neat you used the Koopa Clown Car. Nobody uses that, though for good reason since you used it pretty badly. Want to hold right for 1 minute while completely decimating all the chasing paratroopas because you can just fly across the top of the screen? Then this level is for you.
    bossedit8 (4.0/10)
    • Huhuu... let me just walk through multiple themed based areas which is just grass, cave filled with lava, outside dark area with mushrooms and then castle cave area... messy! At least this level has some variety going on but at the beginning you won't earn any power ups for a while which means going through small it's for sure more difficult to proceed. At the near end of section 1 there's some invisible blocks next to a pit filled with water that's barely visible at the bottom of the screen. The secret star is located at the top right at the first section where the clouds are but to get to it you have to discover hidden blocks which are located very near at the giant pit of fake SMB3 water. You can easily die after you collect the SMB3 star at a great momentum. At the second section where you have to press switches in order to proceed, how to even jump up there to get to the top is for sure difficult because Mario is unable to jump a 5 block tall water fountain so you have to jump from the red switch towards to the water fountain at a great speed or if you're lucky enough, fly with a leaf power up or greater. There were some cutoffs at the water fountain though. At the cave area it gets difficult just because of a Lakitu throwing SMB3 green spiny eggs while riding on a skull raft and even Blarggs on my way. After this you get to the halfway point with some note blocks above, multiple pipes further ahead and also some mushroom platforms and breakable bricks as a bridge. Hammer Bros... don't forget about those. There's even a Yoshi in this section which I quite like since they're incredible rare for whatever reason in levels. At the castle part you're also in a cave with multiple enemies on your way and after this section you get a clown car riding till the end destroying chasing koopas. After that there's your regular star. Overall this level was ok but it could of done way better than that especially with those annoying jumps at the second section, some specific enemy placements and also that you don't die after you collect the secret star due to your momentum.
    Chad (5.5/10)
    • This level is sort of unusual. It's basically a mix of completely different tiny levels rolled into one, which gives the feeling that it isn't sure what it wants to be. You start off with a decently designed grass area, which I admire the enemy placements of because they're rather effective. But then you have a mostly empty switch puzzle consisting of going back and forth a few times, and the skull raft is mostly leisurely and doesn't have a lot going on besides the occasional pipe or Blaarg. I do sort of like the volcanic area where you have to dodge Hammer Bros. and Piranha Plants though, as it requires some careful movement and planning for the player, although the second half of that felt somewhat lazy as it's just a long bridge. The rest of the level from here on just feels like you wanted to get it over with, because the forest section is just a handful of platforms and enemies, then you suddenly enter this empty-looking shadow realm that's just a line of Grinders, cannons, and Thwomps, a Clown Car section with no solid blocks that only requires you to hold run and right while occasionally moving vertically, and then it's over. The level offers variety in terms of hazards, but most of it felt like there was no plan or consistency, and not a lot is done to make the level look lively. Overall, while it's not unpleasant in any of the areas, and I did enjoy the grass and volcanic sections, but it could be more engaging and thoughtful as a whole.
    Quill (5.6/10)
    • Boy, this level dragged on for a while. Each section is pretty minimal and segments like the switch 'hunt' and the castle are really bare. You had some nice ideas, you just need to work on polishing them up.
    Valtteri (5.5/10)
    • This is a really spacious level if you know what I mean. There's a lot of room around you, the level is big like that and I think that's a good thing in a sense. It's a very simple level where you work your way past enemies and one very easy switch puzzle and go through a large variety of different areas. There is no gimmick. The level is maybe a bit too long for what it is.
56. Ghostly_Guy - Kamek's Ghost House (4.84/10)
  • Bomber57 (2.5/10)
    • Eh, semi-boring ghost house with a really frustrating part. Yeah, nice that you have a water room with like 10 torpedo ted spawners. Real neat. Also when Kamek went into phase 2 one of the clones spawned on top of me, which was in no way fair to the player.
    bossedit8 (4.0/10)
    • Well yeah, I do kinda like this ghost house which is Kamek relative but it wasn't puzzle like unlike the regular SMW ghost house. The water section with Torpedo Teds everywhere, that was kinda spammy to dodge all and also there's even cutoff at the right side. Also there's one door that once you enter you can't go back anymore at the spikes and shoe area which is kinda stupid because once you reenter that area once you've earned the key after you fought Kamek you're basically screwed. Also I can just simply take my shoe to the next area even if there's a sign telling me to not have it beyond this point so yeah, that's that. Kamek himself was actually an interesting boss in this level since later you have to guess which one is real and on top of that you use Toad's boomerang to fight 'em rather than typical bombs or anything. Key earned, go to the place where the locked door is and then there's your exit with a star.
    Chad (7.0/10)
    • A simply-made, but interesting ghost house. You greet the player with a maze of doors that start them off underwater avoiding some Torpedo Teds, which are slightly in excess and end up clumping together awkwardly, but have good placements despite that. The Kuribo Shoe section is intriguing, as it makes the player traverse on and bounce off of a decent variety of things only possible with that, and you even made a proper filter at the end. The miniboss is a somewhat creative explanation for multiple Birdo NPCs, and their placements as well as the arrangement of platforms make the strategy clear, so the fight had a nicely different feeling to it. The underwater section could have something to visually indicate you're actually underwater, but aside from that, this is a short but sweet level. It introduces a lot to the player but gives you the space and time to adjust, which keeps the difficulty consistent and fair.
    Quill (5.7/10)
    • I wish people would stop doing the whole "go through an area, hit a switch and then it says "OH MAN SOMETHING JUST CHANGED SOMEWHERE!!! NOW BACKTRACK... bitch." Okay, I may be exaggerating it a little, but that's not a fun concept unless the backtracking is minimal. For the rest of the level, it was fairly bland. I did like the boss though, using Toad's boomerang was fairly unique and you could get multiple hits at once with it which made the fight less tedious.
    Valtteri (5.0/10)
    • Aside the Thwomps and spikes and waterfalls I thought this was a pretty standard ghost house. The underwater part would have been cooler if it had less Torpedo Teds and the background had a blue tint to indicate the water.
55. RarePairGaming - The Amazon (5.05/10)
  • Bomber57 (1.75/10)
    • This level was way too long. It should've been over at about where the checkpoint was, but in reality the checkpoint was only the halfway mark. The level's design is very repetitive, and there is little variation between sections. Enemy crowding is a huge problem in this level, and it was difficult trying to avoid all the enemies at the same time. This level also commits the design sin of putting shells right in front of the blue beach koopas. If you ever go in the underground bonus area you have no hopes of getting out unless you are Luigi. The vine leading out doesn't have a warp, and the pipe that brought you in is too high to reach as Mario. There is a little required bonus area that is *sigh* pretty much like Crash Bandicoot, even down to the way you enter and exit. Problem is that if you ever hop off those platforms you are screwed. Even though the readme says not to you could probably slip off accidentally. You should have made it so the event ticks the "up" input so Mario can't move for its duration. When you finally get to the end you are greeted by a difficult boss rush. You fight a Boom Boom, then two Birdos, then two Mousers who will end up destroying the majority of the floor. Simply unexcusable considering how far back the checkpoint is.
    bossedit8 (6.0/10)
    • Super long forest level including repetitiveness going on. At least there are secret areas that you can discover and such but that doesn't help for the fact that the whole level is pretty long but at least you put variete like having a vertical section and having also some strange music choice once you hit on the '?' platform and fly away with it... and if you fall off of that while it's transporting you away you can get stuck. Much later there a castle segment with broken parts which you can destroy... hehee. Further ahead there's your boss which is one Boom Boom, then 2 Birdos and lastly 2 Mousers with broken parts at the bottom which is breakable by bombs. After that you earn the star.
    Chad (5.5/10)
    • A rather pretty and decently-built forest level. The gameplay is mostly standard, running and jumping and avoiding enemies, and you do a nice job with that... but it gets somewhat repetitive here. The sections are very long, but don't change very much, and rarely introduce anything new except for the occasional vertical section and climbing vines over Munchers. The level really delivers in the aesthetic department, but needs more imagination in terms of design. I also didn't care much for the Lotus on an isolated platform that's near-impossible to avoid without taking a hit, the sudden difficulty spike in the stone section with Thwomps blending in and Hammer Bros. being too effective, or the fact that you have to actively warn players not to move on the bonus platform when you could have just had axes trigger an event that forces the Up control for several seconds. I like the multi-phase boss, especially when the Mousers tend to destroy certain parts of the ground, but the level gives you a lot to redo if you die to them. Overall, not an awful level, but really long (to the point of nearly using the entire block count) with little variation.
    Quill (5.0/10)
    • Super long and super repetitive. Any noticable variety in the design is repeated later in the level. This isn't really that fun. Shorten the level greatly and reduce how repetitive this level is.
    Valtteri (7.0/10)
    • This is a neat forest level. The design is interesting and nice to look at. The ride on the Cobrat and the flying rock transports were a nice addition. I liked the secrets in the level, they were quite clever.
54. PixelatedBlock93 - Dino Jungle (5.07/10)
  • Bomber57 (4.25/10)
    • Level was nice, but rather bland. There would be parts that were empty, and it seemed like it would be an enemy, then a bit of nothing, and then the next enemy. Not a whole lot going on in this one.
    bossedit8 (5.0/10)
    • Feels like a forest rather than a jungle but that's just me. This level was decently designed. It had enemy variety but the whole design aspect wasn't spectacular since it is jsut mostly the samething what you have to do. I do like the whole background placements surrounding the area but those SMB bushes doesn't seem to be fitting in a fully based SMW themed level. Speaking of nonfully SMW themed level there's even spots that you can get a SMB3 power up like a fire flower formed as SMB3 and some of them SMW power ups... why? You could of just make everything SMW so everything would fit with this kind of level where is just running to the right smashing through enemies and then having a lot of fun with my fire flower power shooting all over the place with fireballs. At least the dragon coins were nicely placed out and also there were some hidden SMB3 1UP mushrooms in a block... again, why SMB3 if we have SMW stuff if those functions just the same as the SMB3 one.
    Chad (6.0/10)
    • Pretty decent SMW forest. It's pretty standard fare, but it has a nice layout, good obstacle and enemy placement, and the gameplay and platforming are pleasant. The difficulty is pretty smooth, too. It doesn't have anything remarkable about it other than being just a purely solid level, but I can't think of anything to complain about either.
    Quill (5.1/10)
    • Pretty simple SMW level. While that's not bad at any means, I would have like to see more creativity with the level. The two main sections are too similar and you can do a lot with the name "Dino Jungle".
    Valtteri (5.0/10)
    • This is a decent overworld level. It's not bad but not too special either. Take out a few pieces of scenery, especially the overlapping ones. They make a mess.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:59 am

yay I passed tier 3 and tier 4!
too bad it almost get 100th page
Last edited by Alagirez on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

RoundPiplup
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Postby RoundPiplup » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:05 am

Wow I've gone above my expected tier. (But then I feel like there's going to be way more tiers, unless if the tier moving thing merges).

So I'm guessing that MEDHDRAGON777's level will be in tier 2, since it's near the end of tier 1.

EDIT: It just did.
Last edited by RoundPiplup on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Level Contests”