The Invasion

Share your own stories or make them up together.
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The Invasion

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:18 pm

"Mama mia," Mario said, realizing that this would be his biggest challenge yet.

Up until recently, things had been going well for the Mushroom Kingdom - too well, apparently. Bowser hadn't been bothering anybody, Princess Peach was safe at the castle, and goomba-stomping rates were at an all-time low. It wasn't until Princess Daisy paid a visit to Mario and Luigi's house that the Bros. found out that something was up. Daisy let herself in the back entrance as usual as Mario and Luigi were having their morning coffee. They both shot Daisy a look of confusion as it was much too early to be expecting a houseguest.

"Don't look at me like that, something bad is happening!" Daisy said.

"What is it?" Luigi replied. "Do you need a cup of sugar, or something?"

"Bowser has joined forces with villains from other realities and is invading the Mushroom Kingdom!"

"WHAT?" Mario jumped up from his chair.

"Also, I need a cup of sugar."

"But Daisy, Bowser hasn't done anything in months. What makes you so sure he's planning something now? And what do you mean 'alternate realities'?"

"It sounded cool. Also, at the eastern border of the kingdom I saw a few of Wart's minions; Mouser, Birdo, and Triclyde were all there. Not to mention the amount of airships I've seen flying through the sky. Rumor has it that Bowser's been trying to get in contact with other planets, too. Please just go foil Bowser's plans like you always do."

"But we can't take all of them on alone!" Luigi said. "We'll need some extra help."

"There are plenty of people that would want to help, and we'll definitely need it. This might be the biggest attack Bowser has ever planned."

If you'd like to join this RP, please reply with a link to your approved character from the character thread. It'll be about 48 hours before we can start more story development (that'll leave us time for E3 as well). Keep out of character discussion in the RP discussion thread.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Re: The Invasion

Postby Bomber57 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:17 pm

Clastic's Profile

Made a minor edit to make the link look neater. Excited to get started!
Last edited by Bomber57 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soliarm

Postby Soliarm » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:34 pm

Pleonexus' Approved Profile

May do some fleshing out (not possible for a skeleton, but you get the idea), perhaps minor changes here and there as I've had some time to consider things for Pleo. Excited to see where this goes!

Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Postby Marina » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:20 pm

http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... 3&start=30

(Note that I haven't fixed all of the spelling mistakes in there, but I'm working on it C: )

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:33 am

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:54 am

(okay guys, sorry for the delay. character entry is still open!)

Mario awoke one morning to an unexpected knock on the door. He looked out his window and saw a few unfamiliar faces - a Whomp, a Magikoopa, a Dry Magikoopa, a Duplighost, and a Boomerang Bro. He knew that they would hopefully be meeting some new people today, but not this early.

"Luigi," Mario said to his brother, who was woken up as well, "you told them to come to our house?"

"Well, you never specified a location for the flyer we put up!"

"You put up a flyer?"

Mario answered the door and the unfamiliar faces entered the Bros.' house.

Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Muyoko » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:39 pm

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:43 pm

(awesome, feel free to start interacting with everyone. keep in mind that everybody else has already arrived)

Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Muyoko » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:46 pm

A person that was Mario's height was coming in from the line of peculiar characters.

"Hi, Mario. Hello, Luigi." A Beanish girl yawned as she put away her 3DS in her purse, "It's been a while since I left the palace. So you called?"

She adjusted her glasses as she finally recognized the other people in the room.

"Oh... Good thing I'm not alone! Ummm... Hello everyone else?" she said, glancing nervously at all the other people in the room.

She adjusted herself before she can continue.

"My name is Muyoko. And as you can see I'm a Beanish." Muyoko tried to sound calm, but she almost was about to have her voice crack mid sentence.

The silence from the others didn't help her impression on the others. She looked at Luigi of all people to help her address further details.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:35 pm

"Oh, Muyoko," Mario started. "Didn't see you there. Glad you could make it!"

Mario admired the Beanish girl's ability to be confident and speak up. He looked around at the others and awaited a response.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Clastic bumped his head in the doorway, stopping for a moment before ducking through the door. He looked around, taking a look at the inside of the Bros. residence. The interior felt humble and cozy, though a little cramped with the large number of guests inside. Who he wasn't expecting to meet here was one of his idols.

"Oh man, The Great Gonzales? Is that you?" Clastic walked over to the man in red, probably knocking a few people around on the way. Getting a closer look, he confirmed it for himself. "Haha, it really is! It is such an honor to meet you!" Clastic beamed, grabbing Mario's hands and shaking them vigorously. He then stopped himself, remembering his manners.

"I forgot to introduce myself! My name is THE CLASTIC CRUSHER." He shouted dramatically, puffing out his chest and giving out a large grin. "Of course, you could just call me Clastic. It's easier that way."

Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Muyoko » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:09 pm

Muyoko shrieked as she didn't expect Clastic to push her towards Luigi of all people. Her glasses landed on the ground, but Muyoko was quick to find them and help Luigi back up.

"I am so sorry, Luigi." Muyoko said to him nervously.

She looked at Clastic who was greeting Mario with some robust enthusiasm. She just met the guy, so she has no reason to get too angry at him yet. She actually thought the aspect of him was charming, and she can excuse his clumsiness due to how crowded it was inside. However, even so, Muyoko did show some irritation of being pushed aside. She adjusted her glasses again before addressing Clastic.

"Charmed." was the only word muttered from her when addressing him.

Soliarm

Postby Soliarm » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:04 am

Pleonexus looked about the quaint home of the Mario Bros. with a mix of awe and confusion. On the one hand, the skeletal Koopa had only sand granules for company for the last few centuries and so much of the modern architecture and especially the technology was quite a culture shock. On the other, having passed the extravagant homes of the townsfolk and especially the grand castle on the way here, the charming cottage of these so-called "legendary heroes" was positively ordinary in comparison. Pleo half expected to find another castle on a hill but upon arrival he was greeted with normality and a rag tag group of adventurers waiting on the doorstep. Narrowly sidestepping an overenthusiastic rock monster (the variety of species you saw in civilization these days!) barreling towards the mustachio'd man in red, Pleo leaned on his staff and surveyed the gathered crew. Currently there were two of his own kind, for which the Koopa was quite thankful, a vaguely human girl with green skin, an apparently sentient bedsheet, the men in red and green, the clumsy rock monster, and of course himself. Appearances weren't everything, however, and first impressions hadn't even been made. For now, Pleo was content to await the arrival of further attendees and merely people watch.
Last edited by Soliarm on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Muyoko » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:25 am

Muyoko saw the robed Dry Bones looking around the room.

"Is something wrong?" she asked with concern.

It's usually surprising to see the Dry Bones looking vexed. She decided to see what was the matter since she was going to have to work with these guys and the best thing to do is to actually do as Mario says and interact with them.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:14 am

Rathanael steps from the crowd. He addressed Mario with a cool detachment, although he still vividly remembers meeting Mario in a not so friendly way a long ago, in the desert. He tries to meet his eyes and be formal, keeping the old grudges suppressed. He knows he was called here because he knows they both have the same purpose now.
Gee, I hope I don't look too awkward right now. I'd hate to go back to the garrison and tell Leo I made a fool out of myself, he thought.

Quietly, with a smug look on his face as he looks around at the amusing characters around him, "Well, do we have some business to attend to?" he says, trying to be seem serious but humorous all at the same time.

Soliarm

Postby Soliarm » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:52 am

Pleo continued to cast his gaze about the room, the amber orbs in his eye sockets drifting slowly through his empty skull. He visibly jumped as he realized he was the one being spoken to, by the green skinned girl no less. She seemed to be the most outgoing of the bunch, save perhaps the large rock man and his idolization of Mario. In this era it seemed most people were quite amiable. From what he had gathered peace had reigned for some time, though the current gathering was evidence enough that this peace was in jeopardy. Given that most of the people he had known were long gone by this point, the Dry Bones hadn't considered what a boon a fresh start could be. But, he was idling. Hoping that his long pause wasn't too unsettling for Muyuko, Pleonexus cleared his throat, chuckling awkwardly. "Eh heh, you needn't worry about me. I admit I'm a smidgen out of my element here, but time will breed familiarity." he said, offering his bony hand to the Beanish. "Pleonexus is my name. And you would be...?"

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:09 am

Doobel nervously looked around. He already knew most of these people, but he did notice some peculiar figures. A Beanish, a Whomp, a Boomerang Bro and a Magikoopa. Yup, he'd seen these before. One person in particular sparked his attention, however. A Dry Bones. He'd seen Dry Bones before, but this one was different. It wore all kinds of shiny things, and had a different colour from other Dry Bones. He was fascinated by this new creature. He'd have to study his movements and way of speech, but Doobel was already excited for this new transformation.
He looked around some more. Good, noone had noticed him yet.

Alicia Jewel
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Alicia Jewel » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:24 pm

Tess's Approved Profile

Tess T., who was wearing her karate gi with its purple belt, planted her hands on her hips as she approached Mario and Luigi's house and saw all the people crowded inside. She had wondered if having everyone meet up at the little house would be a bad idea, and—surprise, surprise—it was. A red granite Whomp was the most prominent figure in the room—how could he not be at that size?—but Tess could also see a several other figures crowding around the brothers' front room. If only she hadn't told Fang to stay at home, he could have easily cleared a path for her. But she could manage just fine without her Chain Chomp.

"Outta my way, move it!" Tess shouted over the conversations going on. Without giving anyone much time to actually move, she started to squeeze her way into the brothers' house. Being the average size of a Toad did have its advantages when it came to squeezing through smaller spaces. She didn't pay much attention to the specifics of the other guests at this moment; she was more focused on finding a spot where she could attend this meeting without being shoved around or squashed.

Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Muyoko » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:01 pm

"I am Muyoko. Can't say where I am from for sure, but it's nice to meet you, Pleo." Muyoko said as she took Pleo's offering of a handshake. She did not need to tell Pleo she was on the same page as him.

She then noticed Tess, the orange shroom with the purple belt step out from the crowd bellowing.

"That must be Tess..." Muyoko said sighing to Pleo.

She noticed another figure, Rathanael, try to address Mario. She could not know who to trust, but then again, she could not know if she can trust anyone. She can only rest peacefully in one spot, but that one spot she can not rest in for long. It's best to get to know everyone less they suspect her to be alien.

Return to “Fan Fiction and Roleplaying”