The Invasion

Share your own stories or make them up together.
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Re: The Invasion

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:34 pm

"Let me start by saying that we're glad you all could make it and have an interest in helping us out," Mario said. "It looks like we'll need it."

"Princess Peach and Toad are going to be here soon," Luigi added.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:44 pm

"Great," Rathanael absentmindedly says, looking around the room to these strangers. He notices the beanish girl whom Mario called "Muyoko" looking at him and got self-conscious. Oh gosh, is my bandana upside down? Did I take Naomi's hammers instead of my boomerang?
He gave himself some second thoughts. Maybe he's just overthinking, since he normally does that when someone gives him a look from across a crowd.

Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Muyoko » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:03 pm

Muyoko noticed Rathanael looking back. Luckily, Mario and Luigi grabbed her attention again.

As long as Mario is okay with him, then I am too. Muyoko thought to herself. She tapped Pleo on the shoulder to point towards Mario.

As this happened, a lot of things traced through her mind, I wish that someday I can be a hero preparing for an important speech.

Alicia Jewel
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Alicia Jewel » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:00 am

Yeah, no kidding, Tess thought after Mario had spoken, crossing her arms and leaning back against the wall. If the brothers were asking for help from anyone, it was bad. If they needed help from this many people? Yeesh. And Princess Peach was coming? Tess was surprised she hadn't been kidnapped yet—Bowser's invasions usually began with the princess's kidnapping.

She heard her name being said and snapped her head towards the Beanish girl who had uttered it. Oh, right, she was the one with the mysterious origins and all that. Tess didn't know her too well, but it seemed they both had reputations that made them know of each other. She gave her a slight nod of recognition. At least it wasn't someone who used to bully her. Then again, the brothers would never let someone like that into their house.

The Beanish girl seemed to be talking to a Dry Bones—huh, she didn't see too many of those around town—but Tess's attention was drawn from him to a Boomerang Bro who looked rather nervous. She didn't bother giving much thought on why he looked like that, more content to look towards the Whomp who dominated the room. Her eyebrows jumped up. Ah-ha! She recognized him: The Clastic Crusher, a minor league Glitz Pit fighter who was soaring through the ranks thanks to his signature move: The Whomplex. Not only was it cool, but Tess had to admit that she was a sucker for stories about a nobody making a name for himself, especially if that story was in real life. She smirked. Between her, Mario, Luigi, Clastic, and the other fighting-looking types—including the obviously magic-using Dry Bones—Bowser and whatever army he'd managed to scrounge up were doomed.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:22 am

Doobel was starting to regret coming here. The flyer promised an epic adventure, but he didn't know he'd have to travel with these idiots. "Ugh, I never should have come here. These guys are all seasoned fighters, and I'm just a blanket", Doobel muttered as he looked around the room. The Toad, the Whomp, the Magikoopas and even the Boomerang Bro looked ready for battle. But what could he possibly do against all of the terrible monsters they would face? But when he heard Marios announcement, he realized that if he left now, he'd miss out on one of the coolest adventures he'd ever go on. "Uhmm.. Hullo, everyone", he finally decided, " I'm Doobel."

Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Muyoko » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:54 am

Muyoko noticed Tess look back at her moments after she mentioned her. She heard from the toads about her strong personality. It's obvious that she was a fighter. Muyoko understood that much. She had some fighting experience before as well, but Muyoko preferred being behind the scenes. Something about that made her feel comfortable.

The blanket finally spoke up as she turned.

"Oh! Hello Doobel." Muyoko waved. She decided to wait for Doobel to ask for her name. She'd rather pay attention to what Mario and Luigi had to say.

Her attention was no longer on Rathanael, and she was starting to lose interest in Pleo because of it. She was already trying to focus on Mario and Luigi, but the noise coming from everyone else was making her dizzy. I hope his majesty, Prince Peasley and the Shadow Siren Vivian join in this mission. Now that can really make my day at this point.

Muyoko knew Princess Peach and Toad will play a part so understood that much. Then again... Where in the world is that Toadsworth fellow? Shouldn't he have been the one to initiate this mission?

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah

Postby Waddle » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:10 am

"And who might you be?", Doobel ask, despite already hearing her name. Myuko? Moyoku? Something like that, anyways. She looked slightly worried, but Doobel decided not to bother her with that. He looked around to see if anyone else had heard his introduction.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:51 am

Lee's Approved Profile

Lee took another at the map that was attached to the flyer. Yes, that was the location where he was supposed to meet with his next client. But... all he could see was a small and a but old-looking house. He sighed. I knew it, it was all some child's joke, he thought to himself while already turning around, preparing to head back to Toad Town where he'd look for a genuine client. But what if this was real? It didn't say how big the bounty was, but the wording in the flyer made it clear enough it would be quite a bit. "Enemies from another dimension"? "The world is in danger"? He's definitely gonna get a lot of money for that job. So he turned back to the house, already mentally preparing to meet up with a bunch of kids. He opened the door and what he saw definitely wasn't what he expected.

Spread out all over the room was a wide array of creatures. He glanced over every single one of them, and a lot of them looked quite pitiful, unable to slay even a Goomba. There was a mere Toad, and even a Beanish. However, a few of them did look capable to some extent. There were a purple-coated Magikoopa, a Boomerang Bro. and a Whomp, but that was about it. But just then he realised that right in the center of the room were two plumbers he never would've expected to meet there: The Mario Bros. Are they also bounty hunters now? No... that would be impossible. They gotta be my clients! By now everyone has noticed Lee's arrival, so he decided to start with the first question any bounty hunter asks. He's already done this countless times over the previous years, but this time it felt different for some reason. "So, what's the bounty?"

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:19 am

Just then, Princess Peach and Toad entered Mario and Luigi's house.

"We're here!" the princess said.

"Wow, is this everyone that's coming to help?" said Toad, making his way up to Mario and Luigi. "So, what's the plan?"

"We don't really know what's going on," Mario said. "What we do know is that Bowser has gathered his allies around the Mushroom Kingdom, and there's nothing good about that."

"Everything has been fine at the castle, too," said Peach, "so if he hasn't tried to kidnap me yet then he must be planning something important!"

"I think our first move should be heading to the eastern edge of the kingdom. Daisy said she saw some of Wart's minions over there. Does anybody have any questions or want to introduce themselves before we get going? We're glad you all are here!"

Soliarm

Postby Soliarm » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:10 pm

Pleonexus turned to the indicated direction as Muyoko tapped his shoulder. More attendees were filing into the crowded cottage by the minute. Mario spoke, clearly indicating that the present party was just about all there was. His words were the classic wind up to a heartfelt speech, thanking them for being here and riling up the party for what task lie ahead. That almost certainly meant the reward for such an endeavor, much to Pleo's excitement. However, it seemed that would have to wait for the princess and someone named Toad.

Turning back to Muyoko, Pleo was unsurprised to see the pleasant girl striking up conversation with further folks as they arrived. The white sheet creature, who introduced itself as Doobel, seemed like a nervous chap. "Pleonexus. Pleased to make your acquaintance." he would reply to Doobel's introduction. He thought about offering a handshake but thought better of it, unsure if Doobel even had hands. Having turned back to the conversation, Pleo noticed some of the other guests who had arrived. A rather tough looking toadette, arms folded and surveying the other arrivals. An unkempt Koopa in patchy, rundown armor. Pleo wasn't quite sure what to make of these characters. Most seemed quite guarded, save the wrestler and the beanish, which was no good in a team play setting. Given little time to think on the matter, a woman in regal attire and a plain looking Toad entered. There wasn't much question as to who they were.

The leaders of the quest gathered in one spot, explaining what they knew (which was little) and offering a preliminary plan of action. Pleo regretted that his first words to the Princess were questioning of her plan, but should they be flanked while the entire party was to the East it would spell trouble. He offered the Bros, Toad, and particularly the Princess a sweeping bow. "Pleonexus, your Highness. With respect, if this," he gestured to the group with his staff, "is the whole force we've mustered, do you think it wise to send us all to one spot?"

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:40 pm

Before anyone could answer Lee's question, the door opened behind him. He went out of the way, and entering was no one other than Princess Peach. If he were a real Koopatrol, that'd be the perfect opportunity, but since he wasn't sided with anyone he just observed how she entered, getting followed by a single Toad. Hmm, so that's the royal security? No wonder she always gets herself kidnapped, he thought to himself. Now it was clear to him: This certainly wasn't your everyday client. And with the Princess herself being here, he couldn't possibly imagine the size of his bounty. He'd definitely live at least a year off it.
While Lee was still deep in thought, the Princess and the Toad made their way to the Mario Bros. in the center of the room. He decided it'd be a good idea if he didn't stand right in front of the door, so he decided to move along the wall to a place where there's hopefully a bit less commotion. He managed to find a spot with enough distance to the croud, and only the female Toad was next to him. Now that he finally had time to give her a closer look, he realised that she may not be as unable to fight as he initially thought, if her karate clothes were any indication. Maybe we weren't actually doomed to fail.
He figured that since he'll probably spend some time with the group, he could just as well introduce himself to them. But just as he was about to speak up, he realised the Princess was discussing with the Mario Bros. Apparently she wants to send our troop to the East where Wart's troops where seen. He remembered having heard the name Wart already somewhere, but he just couldn't recall who he was. He figured asking someone could provide the opportunity to introduce himself, so he went ahead and asked the Toad standing next to him after tapping her on her shoulder to get her attention. "So, who is that Wart guy?", he whispered to her. He realised he probably should've introduced himself first, but he didn't really care much about introductions. After all, a name is only a word.

Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Muyoko » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Muyoko shivered as Bowser's name was announced.

"I'm... Muyoko... N-nice to meet you, Doobel." she said, the thought of encountering Bowser was something she'd wished to never imagine. Just the thought of even seeing him was making Muyoko nervous.

Luckily Pleo helped Doobel with a more relaxed introduction. Even better was that her majesty, Princess Peach entered the room.

"Ah, your majesty! Ehe... Sorry for skipping ahead of you."

It took some time for her to notice Pleo addressing her.

"N-not to worry Pleo!" Muyoko said enthusiastically, "There's probably an extra trick up their sleeve! R-right, Princess?"

Muyoko really wanted her majesty's allies in the Beanbean Kingdom to aid them in battling Bowser, and knowing how much Muyoko missed Vivian meant a lot to her for some reason. However, she didn't want to hint that was obvious, as not everyone would notice. Especially because she was the only Beanish in the room so far, and maybe her enthusiasm for more Beanish, especially a certain one who aided Mario and Luigi in their visit in the Beanbean Kingdom to arrive meant something to Muyoko a little bit more for some reason. Maybe Prince Peasley could propose to Luigi in the heat of battle! Now that would be spectacular!

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:24 pm

Rathanael kept to himself. He was never really the kind of koopa to go out of his way to talk to others. He only knew those in his squad, or, his squad that's still around. He stayed in the corner and admired this crew. He knew all of them would become great heroes at the end of this. The whomp named Clastic had brute strength, the dry bones had wisdom and plenty of time under his belt, the beanish girl and the toadette definitely had the brains and the wits, and the koopatrol... well he looked like he had ambition for money. And himself, well, he could use past experiences to judge what the King Koopa's army could do. It's not like he didn't used to work for King Koopa himself.

Alicia Jewel
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Alicia Jewel » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Tess glanced over as Doobel as he introduced himself. She had to wonder just how he'd contribute—she'd never seen a Duplighost fight before. Maybe he'd be a spy? Eh, she'd find out one way or another. Another glance was spared for Lee as he entered and asked about a bounty. Normally, Tess might have thought of answering, but two things stopped her. First, she had no idea what the bounty was—she'd just joined for the chance to give Bowser's minions what for. Second, this guy was a Koopatrol. There were species that she rarely saw outside of Bowser's army, and then there were those she never saw outside of Bowser's army. If she hadn't been surrounded by people the brothers obviously trusted, her first instinct would have been to attack, but since neither Mario, Luigi, nor anyone else seemed threatened by him, she relaxed a bit. She'd find out if she could trust him soon enough. And if she couldn't? Well, then she almost felt sorry for the guy.

Either way, the Koopatrol wouldn't get his answer, for Princess Peach and Toad came in shortly afterwards. She offered a small bow to her ruler as she entered and then nodded as the plan was announced. It was just the kind of plan she liked: straight to the point... and to the fighting. She didn't plan on saying anything, but then Pleonexus spoke up. She scoffed. "What do you mean 'the whole force we've mustered'? Wart's little 'army' doesn't stand a chance with all of us around to stop him." She pounded her left palm with her fist, grinning.

She turned her head as someone tapped on her shoulder: the Koopatrol who had just walked in. "So, who is that Wart guy?" he asked.

Tess regarded him for a moment. Either he really didn't know who Wart was, which meant he was either a low-ranking (and thus non-threatening) member of Bowser's army or not part of it or all, or he was trying to play innocent. Either way, she decided she'd answer him: "He's the leader of some troop called the 8 bits. You know Shy Guys? A lot of them come from his group. Last I heard of him, he was trying to take over the dream world."

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:18 pm

Lee could see a look of distrust in the Toad's eyes, but she answered him nontheless: "He's the leader of some troop called the 8 bits. You know Shy Guys? A lot of them come from his group. Last I heard of him, he was trying to take over the dream world." So that's where he heard that name already! He remembered how he overheard a few of his victims mentioning that name.
He figured the Toad's lack of trust in him might come from the fact that even though he isn't a Koopatrol anymore, he still looks like one, so he decided to clear up some things: "Ah, okay, I wasn't paying too much attention to who all those big baddies are recently. By the way, my name is Lee and I used to be a Koopatrol until I... got separated from the rest of the outpost I was stationed in. I've proven unworthy as a member of the Koopa Troop, so I couldn't return either. As a result of that, I've been independently living off bounties ever since. I've never really cared for who is on whose side after that, I'm just doing my job. And since this time my clients are the Mario Bros., it should be obvious whose side I'm on. So, what about you?" It certainly wasn't the best introduction, but it'd do for now.

But just then Lee realised that the Boomerang Bro. was glancing at him, and from the look on his face it was obvious he didn't think much of him. But he didn't really care, they had to fight together, not be best friends. It definitely surprised Lee to see a Boomerang Bro., normally one of Bowser's elite troops, uniting forces with the Mushroom Kingdom. He was kind of interested in why he left the Koopa Troop, but he quickly disregarded that thought. What would he have to gain from knowing that?

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:50 pm

Much to Clastic's dismay, the already cramped house seemed to only get more crowded as more people arrived. It certainly was a colorful cast of people, but that would better fit as a description of the entire kingdom. He eventually found some room by slowly shuffling toward one of the walls and resting against it. Clastic looked across the room, viewing the new people who just entered. Scanning the room, he took note of a few of the new arrivals who caught his interest. There was a Boomerang Bro who seemed a little nervous. Come to think of it, Clastic wondered, ya don't really see them much outside of Bowser's army. Clastic had similar thoughts about a Koopatrol in rather shabby armor. Hm, he must've seen a lot of rough battles. Not bad. Before he could get a good look at any more of the new arrivals, the Princess herself had arrived. Clastic never had the pleasure of being in her presence, but judging by the lack of formalities from the others (save Pleonexus, who appears to be locked in old ways) he restrained himself from dropping to one knee (if that could even be applied).

It was then that the state of affairs was explained; Bowser hasn't been seen in a long while and is supposedly gathering a large army. In Clastic's eyes, that would mean more people to give a good whooping if need be. At the moment, their destination seemed to be to the eastern border to handle some guy named Wart and his band of goons. Clastic was happy to help, but before signing up he also considered the publicity. The Clastic Crusher, Hero of the Mushroom Kingdom!, he imagined with a bit of desire. Of course, Clastic would not take all the credit. He may have a bit of an inflated ego but he was by no means self-centered.

Clastic listened intently as Lee told his tale. This answered any current questions he had about the armored man. He had nothing to comment, but respected that he managed to pick his life up by becoming a bounty hunter.

((Whew, hope I don't have to play a game of catch up again '~'))

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah

Postby Waddle » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:08 pm

A new person had arrived. A koopatrol. Yikes. The last time Doobel had encountered koopatrols, they had tried to kill him. But as Lee told his story, it became clear this one was at least slightly less hostile. He then realized that he should probably be listening to Peach. Due to his lack of concentration, he only picked up a few words. Something about Bowser and some "Wart" dude Doobel had never heard of. But judging by the reactions of others, Wart probably wasn't a good guy. "Why would someone name their son 'Wart' ?", Doobel jokingly said, hoping to brighten up the atmosphere.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Rathanael looked around and noticed the Koopatrol and the toadette taking notice of him. Oh bother! He thought, I must have been staring. Now I'll have to talk to make sure they know I'm on their side!

He walked over to them and explained himself, first talking to the koopatrol "Hello, my name's Rathanael, sorry for staring! Seeing you here, I'm guessing you had to go through Bowser Jr.'s painful dishonoring process too." He then nodded to the toadette, and gave a friendly hand to them both.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:50 pm

As Lee was once again skimming through the commotion to get a better look at his future comrades, he realised that he'd already seen the Duplighost that just made a pitiful attempt at a joke before: There was quite a quite big bounty out on him. However, he decided against going after him, at least for now. He could still get the bounty after they were done with their primary goal. He already dreamt of all the things he could afford with that bounty...

However, he couldn't daydream for too long since just then the Boomerang Bro. walked over to him and the female Toad. He was first introducing himself to Lee and the Toad after asking if he's also gone through Bowser Jr.'s dishonoring process. After shaking hands with the Boomerang Bro. whose name was apparently Rathanael he replied: "Erm, not really. I was seperated from the rest of the outpost I was stationed in because of a huge fire, and everyone probably thinks I died there. The reason I never returned was that I never completed my Koopatrol training thanks to the disaster. And if you don't complete your training, you'll bring shame over you and your family. Now they can at least nelieve I died a heroic death. I didn't even get the honor of a dishonoring process. It's like I never existed."
Recalling those memories nearly moved Lee to tears, but he thankfully managed to not cry. That'd be the worst first impression he could give.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:08 pm

"Okay, everyone!" Mario said. "I think the best plan is to make our way to the eastern border and see what Wart is up to. It's only a few miles from here, and we can pass through Toad Town."

"I really hope we can settle this peacefully," Luigi said.

The group exited the house but was stopped in their tracks by a familiar face running to Mario and Luigi's doorstep.

"Master Mario! Master Luigi!" Toadsworth frantically tried to get the words out of his mouth, already out of breath from running. "Toad Town is under attack! I had to flee and come find you, but I remember seeing a three-headed Cobrat something and a young mouse throwing bombs! You must do something this instant!"

"Triclyde! And Mouser, too!" Toad exclaimed. "Everyone, we'll have to make it to Toad Town as quick as we can!"

"Right!" Peach said.

"Princess! No! You are absolutely not going anywhere!" Toadsworth ordered. "You may get hurt!"

"Oh, Toadsworth..." Peach pulled up her gloves. "I can handle this."

The group quickly made their way into Toad Town and immediately encountered a firefight of bombs and eggs. Toad Town residents were scattered about, some hiding behind houses or bushes only to find them ablaze a few moments later. Mouser quickly emerged from around a corner.

"Muyoko, watch out!" Mario shouted as Mouse threw a bomb in their direction.

Return to “Fan Fiction and Roleplaying”