RP Discussion Thread

Share your own stories or make them up together.
FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Re: RP Discussion Thread

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Bomber57 wrote:
Alicia Jewel wrote:I feel kinda awkward posting this since I'm new and only just joined the RP, but what do you guys think of maintaining some kind of posting order? I've noticed that a few people have gotten into conversations in the RP that should logically be cut off by Mario explaining things (assuming he does), and I feel like keeping that up will make the timeline of the RP wonky, especially for those of us who can only be on at certain times.
I don't think we need a strict posting order but I get what you mean. I don't want to see like two pages pop up overnight because two people got into a conversation. Trust me, I've had to deal with it before.
Hehe um

On one hand I agree, but this can provide character depth outside of the plot's context.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:19 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:
Bomber57 wrote:
Alicia Jewel wrote:I feel kinda awkward posting this since I'm new and only just joined the RP, but what do you guys think of maintaining some kind of posting order? I've noticed that a few people have gotten into conversations in the RP that should logically be cut off by Mario explaining things (assuming he does), and I feel like keeping that up will make the timeline of the RP wonky, especially for those of us who can only be on at certain times.
I don't think we need a strict posting order but I get what you mean. I don't want to see like two pages pop up overnight because two people got into a conversation. Trust me, I've had to deal with it before.
Hehe um

On one hand I agree, but this can provide character depth outside of the plot's context.
Its probably important to set some sort of balance. Be aware of how much you are posting when everyone else is gone, y'know?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:44 pm

I don't think we need a posting order but during the beginning parts of the RP it's probably best if characters only make 1-2 posts in between host posts.

Alicia Jewel
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Alicia Jewel » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:58 pm

All right, that sounds like a great idea. I agree with FanofSMBX in that not having a posting order helps with character development outside of the plot, but there should be a balance, like Bomber57 mentioned.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Why is Triclyde in the RP?

Streetzero

Postby Streetzero » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:27 pm

...Because he's a boss from SMB2?

Chip Potato
Ninji
Ninji

Postby Chip Potato » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:24 pm

I'm not entirely sure how I could implement my character into the Invasion RP, if I should even do it at all. I mean, there will be more of them eventually, correct? So could I just wait for a more suitable roleplay environment to introduce my character into?

Mighty.EXE
Banned

Postby Mighty.EXE » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:36 pm

"In the distance, a figure made its way through the sky toward the center of Toad Town. It wasn't too long before the figure was recognized as WART, who was presumably the leader of this attack. He was sitting on a metal chair-like structure that had a helicopter propellor above it, allowing him to fly."
shouldnt wart be on a flying carpet,considering his castle was in a desert, instead of a eggman wana-be machine

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:21 pm

Chip Potato wrote:I'm not entirely sure how I could implement my character into the Invasion RP, if I should even do it at all. I mean, there will be more of them eventually, correct? So could I just wait for a more suitable roleplay environment to introduce my character into?
The Invasion is pretty much done accepting characters right now. You can participate in the next RP, though!

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Murphmario » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:00 pm

Mighty.EXE wrote:"In the distance, a figure made its way through the sky toward the center of Toad Town. It wasn't too long before the figure was recognized as WART, who was presumably the leader of this attack. He was sitting on a metal chair-like structure that had a helicopter propellor above it, allowing him to fly."
shouldnt wart be on a flying carpet,considering his castle was in a desert, instead of a eggman wana-be machine*
*Eggmobile

But yeah, I agree. Not only this, but flying carpets appear in Smb2.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Murphmario wrote:
Mighty.EXE wrote:"In the distance, a figure made its way through the sky toward the center of Toad Town. It wasn't too long before the figure was recognized as WART, who was presumably the leader of this attack. He was sitting on a metal chair-like structure that had a helicopter propellor above it, allowing him to fly."
shouldnt wart be on a flying carpet,considering his castle was in a desert, instead of a eggman wana-be machine*
*Eggmobile

But yeah, I agree. Not only this, but flying carpets appear in Smb2.
Alright, gonna say something that has been bothering me for a while regarding the roleplay. That is, how strict we are apparently staying to the source material regarding combat. I was going to have Clastic run in and give Mouser a good beating, only for Joey to essentially go "sorry guys, you can only throw bombs back at Mouser, like in SMB2." And then, not too long after that, Wart shows up and again Joey basically says "sorry guys, no opportunity for unique combat here either, just use this convenient vegetable bush next to one of the houses, like in SMB2." It just bothers me when I and several others pour all this effort into the characters and we can't really use them, or whatever we try to do is suddenly irrelevant. This is also affected by the issue of pacing. Just when everyone was finally getting comfortable in the Mario Bros. house suddenly we are shoved along to Toad Town like we missed a stage cue. Its just messy.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:44 pm

I wasn't necessarily trying to stick to source material. I thought trying to throw bombs at Mouser was better than simple melee combat, and I didn't say that bombs were the only thing that could be thrown. All I said was that if you get too close to him, he'll throw one right at you. As for the vegetables, there's no real way to attack Wart if he's floating in the sky since none of the characters can fly.

This is also still the opening of the RP. I wanted to throw everyone into the fray to make things more interesting.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:25 pm

Joey wrote:I wasn't necessarily trying to stick to source material. I thought trying to throw bombs at Mouser was better than simple melee combat, and I didn't say that bombs were the only thing that could be thrown. All I said was that if you get too close to him, he'll throw one right at you. As for the vegetables, there's no real way to attack Wart if he's floating in the sky since none of the characters can fly.

This is also still the opening of the RP. I wanted to throw everyone into the fray to make things more interesting.
Yeah, that's fair actually. I guess I should've given it some more time, but you certainly can see how those things could be a worry to me, right?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:31 pm

Right. I also don't want to make it seem like I'm some sort of RP genius who really knows what he's doing, because that isn't the case. It's our first RP as a forum so it's okay if it has some minor hiccups.

Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Muyoko » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:53 am

Hey. I don't want to sound hostile or alienating, but am I the only one in the RP group not to ship Luigi and Daisy? I can deal with it if that's the case (and it was my fault for introducing this discussion in the first place as I made the mistake of game jacking and I really apologize for it) but it started to grow into a pet peeve of mine for some reason. It might be my personal bias towards another Luigi pairing getting in the way of Muyoko actually doing something more important for the team.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:11 am

Muyoko wrote:Hey. I don't want to sound hostile or alienating, but am I the only one in the RP group not to ship Luigi and Daisy? I can deal with it if that's the case (and it was my fault for introducing this discussion in the first place as I made the mistake of game jacking and I really apologize for it) but it started to grow into a pet peeve of mine for some reason. It might be my personal bias towards another Luigi pairing getting in the way of Muyoko actually doing something more important for the team.
Imo your feelings against this shipping would only improve your character. I'm fine with Luigi and Daisy, and even if I wasn't, it's still the host's decision which of the characters that aren't player-controlled get shipped.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:37 am

Regardless of whether or not Luigi and Daisy are meant to be in a relationship, they obviously still have a very good friendship.

It doesn't necessarily have to have an impact on your character - at this point, all that really matters is that Daisy's in trouble and she needs to be saved.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:11 pm

holy shit I'm stupid

Posted in wrong thread, sorry.
Last edited by TLtimelord on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Streetzero

Postby Streetzero » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:15 pm

wrong thread mate

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Did the only rp on the fourm die?
Then is there going to be another rp or is it going to be people writing, or people who did not fourm rules and thought this was a fourm games thred and decide to make a fourm game here place?

Return to “Fan Fiction and Roleplaying”