Level Contest 9: The Autumn Contest

Topics that have reached 100 pages.
zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Level Contest 9: The Autumn Contest

Postby zioy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Epoch wrote:And so it begins. I guess I'll start making my level. But now I feel that my level will get significantly lower on the rankings this time.
i hope so

jk

Anyway, I can't wait for, y'know, stuff to happen in this. I just gotta wait until October 13th, when the judging starts.
With my luck, I'll get 10/10s from all the judges except 1 which will give me a 1/10, dragging me into a lower tier.

Oh wait, I'm not that good.

I already submitted. My goal is Tier 3. If I don't show up until after Tier 3, my goal is stay out of Tier 4 and make top ten.
Y'know, optimism.

CreatorForce
Eerie
Eerie

Postby CreatorForce » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:49 pm

Cool, I Wanna Enter This Contest :D

qig
Ninji
Ninji

Postby qig » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:13 pm

i will be submitting a level to this contest.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Re: Level Contest 9: The Autism Contest

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:57 pm

Nien wrote:
Nien wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote: Hey, Valtteri, I think LunaDLL should be allowed. The purpose of this contest is to determine who designs the best levels. What about users that don't know how custom gfx's works or custom music. Should we ban that stuff from contests because some users would be at an advantage? No! But you're the guy organizing the contest, so I guess you make the rules.
except gfx and custom music don't impact the level in the slightest unless you're a retarded judge

lunadll is actually gamechanging
This statement REALLY pissed me off, and the best way I can reply to it while staying civil is with this:

http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... 549#p65549

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:26 am

@Valtteri: Can you put my name down as "Fujiwara No Mokou/MECHDRAGON777" and not just "MECHDRAGON777"? I am asking because I want people to know me by BOTH NAMES and it is a little upsetting that you are not putting both, please, can you do so?

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: Level Contest 9: The Autism Contest

Postby mariogeek2 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:51 am

KoolKat wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:
Valtteri wrote:The level has to end with a Star (or the exit can be anything but a Star must be obtained in order to reach it). It can have an additional secret star but no more than two stars in total. This is for our convenience when we build Tower of Biased.
What??? How could you do this, Valtteri?! You saw my topic about how changing the star limit to 3 would greatly increase level variety. Could you at least try it and if it doesn't work/causes too much work/problems we won't do it again?
If each level had 3 stars, we'd have to deal with trying to get all three in ToB8. Why not just make the level have switches or something to add to exploration? More stars =/= more variety.
I'm sorry, but what I mean is a non-linear level. I apologize, but switches just tend to piss me off whenever I see one in a level. Honestly, to me, levels that use switches properly aren't that common. In my opinion, it'd just be a better level if it focused more on exit points instead of switches.
KoolKat wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:
Valtteri wrote:Please make sure none of the NPC codes have decimal values. They cause problems and slow down the judging/TOB progress significantly.
Sorry, Valtteri, but with speed=1 it just looks like it's going too slow and with speed=2 it's going way too frickin' fast. speed=1.5 is just right.
You do know that some computers will get a runtime error when using decimal NPC codes, right?
I did not know that. I knew that it caused some issues with certain computers, but I wasn't aware it caused a runtime error.
TNTTtimelord wrote:This statement REALLY pissed me off, and the best way I can reply to it while staying civil is with this:

viewtopic.php?p=65549#p65549
Yes, TNTtimelord, you are so right with that post that you provided us a link to. While playing TOB episodes, I've begun to notice a particular trend among bad levels. There are those with epic custom gfx's that look like they tried to get into high tiers based on gfx's alone, while there are those other levels that played well but would've gotten an extremely higher rating if they had just used some more/better custom gfx's.
Last edited by mariogeek2 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

qig
Ninji
Ninji

Postby qig » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:58 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:@Valtteri: Can you put my name down as "Fujiwara No Mokou/MECHDRAGON777" and not just "MECHDRAGON777"? I am asking because I want people to know me by BOTH NAMES and it is a little upsetting that you are not putting both, please, can you do so?
holy shit who cares

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:45 am

qig wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:@Valtteri: Can you put my name down as "Fujiwara No Mokou/MECHDRAGON777" and not just "MECHDRAGON777"? I am asking because I want people to know me by BOTH NAMES and it is a little upsetting that you are not putting both, please, can you do so?
holy shit who cares
I do!

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:53 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
qig wrote:
holy shit who cares
I do!
stick to one fucking name holy shit

just ask the admins to change your name to fujiwara no touhou or something on the forums

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:29 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
qig wrote:
holy shit who cares
I do!
Anyone else?
mariogeek2 wrote:
KoolKat wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote: What??? How could you do this, Valtteri?! You saw my topic about how changing the star limit to 3 would greatly increase level variety. Could you at least try it and if it doesn't work/causes too much work/problems we won't do it again?
If each level had 3 stars, we'd have to deal with trying to get all three in ToB8. Why not just make the level have switches or something to add to exploration? More stars =/= more variety.
I'm sorry, but what I mean is a non-linear level. I apologize, but switches just tend to piss me off whenever I see one in a level. Honestly, to me, levels that use switches properly aren't that common. In my opinion, it'd just be a better level if it focused more on exit points instead of switches.
exits =/= non-linear level
Get some experience
mariogeek2 wrote:
KoolKat wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:Sorry, Valtteri, but with speed=1 it just looks like it's going too slow and with speed=2 it's going way too frickin' fast. speed=1.5 is just right.
You do know that some computers will get a runtime error when using decimal NPC codes, right?
I did not know that. I knew that it caused some issues with certain computers, but I wasn't aware it caused a runtime error.[/quote]

How didn't you know that. By the way, about the decimal issues, I suggest to try this solution.I tried it and it functions.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:11 am

Blck_Guy wrote: So then why is there a picture with "Tower of Biased 9" then?
It doesn't say Tower of Biased 9 lol.

Mudkip
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Mudkip » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:29 am

Christian07 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
qig wrote: holy shit who cares
I do!
Anyone else?
I do. MECHDRAGON777 is known in many places as FnM, so it's completely understandable if he wants both names in the list. That's not much work, I guess Valtteri can handle it.
Nien wrote:stick to one fucking name holy shit

just ask the admins to change your name to fujiwara no touhou or something on the forums
I don't know if you intended to be funny, but purposely mispelling a name and und using the word "fucking" won't make you funny. If you weren't trying to be funny and just wanted to help, then I want to apologize.
qig wrote:i will be submitting a level to this contest.
I never saw a level from you, I'd be glad to see it unless it is a joke level :)

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:31 am

@Mudkip: He did made a Level, for the contest event and it is here. You have to skip to like 9:30 or so:

Original Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgi7EC-gNRI

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:24 am

I like how you added me even though i didn't say i was in lol...
...wait it's kinda obvious...
lol.

anyhow yes i comfirm that i'm in!

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:59 am

I would like to join this contest! :)

Super Maks 64
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Super Maks 64 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:08 am

I'm in too.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby AirSeus » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:05 am

I don't know.....such hard decision, should I join?, should I not? I have no clue

EDIT: You know what?? count me in this contest, but I am not 100% sure I will give a level so, I AM IN

Warlock
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: bep
Pronouns: they/them

Postby Warlock » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:31 am

I'm in.

pokota

Postby pokota » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:46 am

I will also be making a level.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:08 pm

Mudkip wrote:
Christian07 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: I do!
Anyone else?
I do. MECHDRAGON777 is known in many places as FnM, so it's completely understandable if he wants both names in the list. That's not much work, I guess Valtteri can handle it.
At least some one else understands! I use my current name for every thing, but I do use the Touhou Character's name in a lot of places as well! Also, How is it more difficult to add the other half of what I requested?

@Valtteri: You added me twice, and both as the incorrect name!

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”