SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v8.1 And a bugfix already!

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
4matsy
Dolphin
Dolphin

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets v4.0 - Worldmap-Content

Postby 4matsy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:17 pm

Wow. This gfx pack is nothing short of amazing, especially considering you did all the work yourself, Sednaiur. :o

Nice work indeed. I'll definitely be using this in the future. ~_^

By the way, I found a little mistake in the Dry Underground set: block-311 uses the same greens for its grass top corner that the regular underground set uses, instead of Dry Underground's yellowish greens. (I've just now noticed--you can actually see the consequences of this in the screenshot of the Dry Underground set in the thread's first post, around the bottom center of the shot. o_O)

Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Ace » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:03 am

I love the world map. Not only is it beautiful, but it's also extremely complete. You even included the whales. I especially love the idea of floating islands, and the water is even darker underneath so the perspective is clear.
It's a shame SMB2 episodes are extremely rare (if one even exists).

Navi
Nipper
Nipper
Pronouns: he/they

Postby Navi » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:10 am

You did what ace did.
I might use this stuff sometime.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:03 am

Ace wrote:It's a shame SMB2 episodes are extremely rare (if one even exists).
It's rare see SMB2 in an episode that have more style too. Also Any SMB2 project exist, apart the one that I just start.

Returning on-topic...I say all.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:18 pm

I recall on rpgmaker.net, the episodes
Subcon Stars
Super Princess Dreamland
Subcon Hearts
Are a trilogy of SMB2 episodes.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:35 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:I recall on rpgmaker.net, the episodes
Subcon Stars
Super Princess Dreamland
Subcon Hearts
Are a trilogy of SMB2 episodes.
Subcon Stars and Subcon Hearts have other syle and not only SMB2-style. But anyways they have some SMB2 levels.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:23 pm

The download link doesn't appear to be working for me.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Those world map tiles are just...wow. Nice job. You even got 4matsy to post.

Reign
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Reign » Thu May 01, 2014 10:33 am

Your tileset has inspired me to start a new episode. :) This is absolutely incredible, you have thought of everything.

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Thu May 01, 2014 10:50 am

Christian07 wrote:I see something that is wrong in the tile of the golden palace with 4 squares. In fact, the square in the lower right must be the more dark, like the one in the SMB2 levels.
I did that on Purpose, as all the Worldmap-Tiles are based on my expanded ones (i did skip on the darkest Tile there). I have used the darkest Shades of Color for the Borderblocks (or how i have to call them). But thanks for the Notice anyways :-)
4matsy wrote:Wow. This gfx pack is nothing short of amazing, especially considering you did all the work yourself, Sednaiur. :o

Nice work indeed. I'll definitely be using this in the future. ~_^

By the way, I found a little mistake in the Dry Underground set: block-311 uses the same greens for its grass top corner that the regular underground set uses, instead of Dry Underground's yellowish greens. (I've just now noticed--you can actually see the consequences of this in the screenshot of the Dry Underground set in the thread's first post, around the bottom center of the shot. o_O)
Thank you very much for the Compliment ^^
Yes it was really hard sometimes, because i needed to think around some Problems. But i am very happy that i could do it in the first Place :-)
And about the Error in the Color of the Block, thanks a lot for noticing that. I didn't see it and so i accidently put it inside the Pack then :-/. It will be fixed in the final Update.
Ace wrote:I love the world map. Not only is it beautiful, but it's also extremely complete. You even included the whales. I especially love the idea of floating islands, and the water is even darker underneath so the perspective is clear.
It's a shame SMB2 episodes are extremely rare (if one even exists).
I appreciate your Words ^^ To be honest, i didn't know that some People already made Worldmap-Tiles for SMB2, but now it is done anyways. I am working on a small Episode for the Moment, that will be entirely SMB2-styled (i do a Level every now and then, as almost all the GFX are already done anyways, which makes it easy to work on it), but maybe there are unreleased Episodes in the Style of Doki Doki Mario somewhere.
TNTtimelord wrote:The download link doesn't appear to be working for me.
That is strange - did you try it again already ? I have tried the Link, and it works still fine for me :-/
Reign wrote:Your tileset has inspired me to start a new episode. :) This is absolutely incredible, you have thought of everything.
This is very cool - thank you :-D. I wish you best of Luck and Fun. I will get the final Update done within the next Days, so i try to be fast with it ^^

Also many thanks to everybody for the Compliments and the Support :-D. I always try my best. I am working onto the final Update at the Moment (i just want to complete this Pack finally :-P), which will include two new Tilesets (that can be used beside all the already existing ones), many new NPCs (falling Spikes, new Shy Guys, a gigantic Phanto-Boss etc.) and some additional BGOs. I also will try to get that Icecube-Background working, what will become rather hard Work i guess. I hope i can get that Update done until Sunday ^^

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v5.0 [Final Version]

Postby Sednaiur » Sat May 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Today i have finally completed the Work onto this GFX-Pack ^^
Now you can get the Version 5.0 located on the Toppost, that gives you many new Things and also some Bugfixes and Rearrangements.

Some of the Things in the new Version are two new Tilesets (one is edited and expanded from the Credits and End-Stuff from SMB2, the other one is a completly custommade Bonus-Tileset made by me),
some new Blocks like the spiked hazardous Log-Ends, the ON and OFF-Blocks replacing the SMW-ones, 4-Color Platforms and more.
Also included are new NPCs like the Copter-Guys, the Trident-Guys, tinyGuys, Boo-Guys, the Dry Guy, a giant Phanto-Boss (replacing Mother Brain), a Doki Doki-styled Thwomp (replacing the SMW-Thwomp), a SMB2-styled SMB3-Exit, 4 talkable NPCs of the four Main-Playables in Style of the Character Selection, the Doki Doki Panic Goofy Face (replacing the ridable Rainbowshell), two new Versions of Subcons, and more.
Also new are some Backgrounds like the Icecube-BG (finally done ^^), a Night-themed and expanded Canyon BG (the original one also got an Expansion), the End Credits-BG (revamped and expanded with some new GFX :-P), an alternative Version of the Warehouse-BG (custom-designed with blue Columns and such), and more.
I also added small Versions of the red and blue Door-Levels and a small Version of the Vase-Level for the Worldmap-Section of this Pack.

Now this should make the Pack somewhat complete, ihope ^^.
But of Course when there are Bugs or new Content planned, i will update the Pack then. Now go and build some cool SMB2-styled Levels and Episodes :-D

John The White Yoshi
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby John The White Yoshi » Sat May 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Sednaiur wrote:Today i have finally completed the Work onto this GFX-Pack ^^
Now you can get the Version 5.0 located on the Toppost, that gives you many new Things and also some Bugfixes and Rearrangements.

Some of the Things in the new Version are two new Tilesets (one is edited and expanded from the Credits and End-Stuff from SMB2, the other one is a completly custommade Bonus-Tileset made by me),
some new Blocks like the spiked hazardous Log-Ends, the ON and OFF-Blocks replacing the SMW-ones, 4-Color Platforms and more.
Also included are new NPCs like the Copter-Guys, the Trident-Guys, tinyGuys, Boo-Guys, the Dry Guy, a giant Phanto-Boss (replacing Mother Brain), a Doki Doki-styled Thwomp (replacing the SMW-Thwomp), a SMB2-styled SMB3-Exit, 4 talkable NPCs of the four Main-Playables in Style of the Character Selection, the Doki Doki Panic Goofy Face (replacing the ridable Rainbowshell), two new Versions of Subcons, and more.
Also new are some Backgrounds like the Icecube-BG (finally done ^^), a Night-themed and expanded Canyon BG (the original one also got an Expansion), the End Credits-BG (revamped and expanded with some new GFX :-P), an alternative Version of the Warehouse-BG (custom-designed with blue Columns and such), and more.
I also added small Versions of the red and blue Door-Levels and a small Version of the Vase-Level for the Worldmap-Section of this Pack.

Now this should make the Pack somewhat complete, ihope ^^.
But of Course when there are Bugs or new Content planned, i will update the Pack then. Now go and build some cool SMB2-styled Levels and Episodes :-D
Is it truly fixed,because I got a error message every time I saved the world and my work was forever gone.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat May 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Those world map tiles are just...so good.

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sat May 03, 2014 7:21 pm

SuperWhiteYoshi64 wrote:Is it truly fixed,because I got a error message every time I saved the world and my work was forever gone.
This was because all the Scenes for the Worldmap from scene-33 on will crash SMBX. I have put the Scenes from 33 on into a Folder in the Worldmap-GFX Folder.
Next Time you should check the readme first, because i have made a Note about that, in there.
But i also will make a Note about that in the corresponding Thread, when i use the scenes from 33 on. Sorry about that.
Joey wrote:Those world map tiles are just...so good.
Thank you :-)
I hope their use will do it just like that. And to be honest, i think i need to do the same for SMB1...i am just on a GFX-making "Rampage" as it seems.

moemoe02

Postby moemoe02 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:26 pm

WHOA MY GOD! I think I see one more update to this pack and I see that there are some more stuff you have up there! like the Ending background, some colorful blocks, Heart Vegtable, more Shy-Guys, log spikes, couple more backgrounds, I cannot belive all this work you have done as I saw graphics based from tiles, then NPCs, then world map, and I see a couple more stuff you added in, I think you are the best at making stuff like this, I do not belive all this work you did!

h2643
Birdo
Birdo

Postby h2643 » Sun May 04, 2014 5:56 am

Those graphics are just wow. Can't stop saying that...

Navi
Nipper
Nipper
Pronouns: he/they

Postby Navi » Sun May 04, 2014 6:05 am

spam at #h2643 saying wow.

I really liked this and I can really use this at the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuture.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Sun May 04, 2014 6:08 am

Not even a simple wow can describe how incredible this looks. This is what everyone has been looking for.

CreatorForce
Eerie
Eerie

Postby CreatorForce » Sun May 04, 2014 7:27 am

Awesome Graphics.

HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby HealthyMario » Sun May 04, 2014 8:15 am

That is absolutely amazing! Since they're not many graphics of SMB2 in this community, this will definitely increase the number of levels made using these tremendous amount of graphics! Also, will you made a recoloured SMB3 version of this gfx pack? Because with that this will gain a lot more popularity.

Return to “Graphics”