The SMBX2 Custom Assets Library

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Re: The SMBX CGFX Pack (Up & Running)

Postby FanofSMBX » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:37 am

Luckily, I found the Beach tiles in the Cave folder. Thanks for looking, though. Also, Deey's Tileset is missing the inner folders, so please reupload that as well.

Squishy Rex
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Squishy Rex » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:59 am

I'm not sure why folders are being moved into weird places, unless someone is messing with our uploads again. The search function is pretty useless with OneDrive as you've found, probably best to not bother with it. I'll get online tonight and try and get a few things fixed up. Thanks for the nitpicks FanofSMBX, I'd rather keep on top of that stuff as much as possible, so if you do see anything missing or in the wrong place just keep noting it all down here. The nitpicking is good. :)

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Unfortunately, Miky Garguio's NSMBDS and NSMBWII Tileset folders are empty, and BloodElf300's Power-Up Blocks folders are empty.

Edit: The following are also empty:
SCV4 Medusa - Red Yoshi
SMB1 Castle - Luffy
SMB1 Custom Tiles - MarioWizzerd
SMB1 Extended Block - BloodElf300
SMB1 Grass - UEU + Valtteri
SMB1 NES + SNES Question Blocks - BloodElf300
SMB1 Pipes - litchh
SMB1 Rocks - Luffy
SMB1 SNES + NES Castle Tileset - BloodElf300
SMW Crateria - green stache
The contents of the "SMB2" folder - I'll leave this on the cloud for reference

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:37 pm

Finally, everything in the Blocks folder is sorted! If anyone has anything wrong with how it was done, we should say so in this topic so Squishy Rex can arbitrate.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Murphmario, most of your BGO folders are empty. I'm not going to delete them so that you can merge the folders when you reupload.

arcade999
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby arcade999 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Can we upload world map graphics?

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby AirSeus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:09 pm

Squishy Rex wrote:I'm not sure why folders are being moved into weird places, unless someone is messing with our uploads again. The search function is pretty useless with OneDrive as you've found, probably best to not bother with it. I'll get online tonight and try and get a few things fixed up. Thanks for the nitpicks FanofSMBX, I'd rather keep on top of that stuff as much as possible, so if you do see anything missing or in the wrong place just keep noting it all down here. The nitpicking is good. :)
Is it possible so that people have to get permission to add stuff inside this OneDrive pack, because if things like this are happening, it would be worth it.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real

Postby krakin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:04 pm

arcade999 wrote:Can we upload world map graphics?
I'm sure any help won't go unnoticed. To be honest, I don't know how anyone could have messed up the graphics pack.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:49 pm

bowser123 wrote:
Squishy Rex wrote:I'm not sure why folders are being moved into weird places, unless someone is messing with our uploads again. The search function is pretty useless with OneDrive as you've found, probably best to not bother with it. I'll get online tonight and try and get a few things fixed up. Thanks for the nitpicks FanofSMBX, I'd rather keep on top of that stuff as much as possible, so if you do see anything missing or in the wrong place just keep noting it all down here. The nitpicking is good. :)
Is it possible so that people have to get permission to add stuff inside this OneDrive pack, because if things like this are happening, it would be worth it.
I'm pretty sure it's not a purposeful scam, because it might just be me or Murphmario accidentally dragging the folder inside another.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby AirSeus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:55 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:
bowser123 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's not a purposeful scam, because it might just be me or Murphmario accidentally dragging the folder inside another.
I mean with things happening like the entire pack being removed like it was earlier by someone.

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:51 am

bowser123 wrote:
Yes it is, with OneDrive accounts you can provide two types of links to people you share you content with. One is a read-only link, where others can only access the files and download them, the other allows people to make changes to the content (upload, move, rename files etc). The link currently provided allows anyone to access the files and "help" us work on this mammoth project. Originally it was going to be a case of provide the read-only link and give out the edit link to either those who apply for it/get given it. I may re-instate that plan as a fail-safe depending on what happens in the future. General errors like missing/moved files can happen through the upload process, because these things do happen and to edit this pack via OneDrive usually requires a person to have a good internet connection. This is not necessarily the work of ye olde internet trolls.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Does anyone know where I can contact Love Bodhi? I want him to make a Love Bodhi's Graphics Pack.

MacDuckBeat
Panser
Panser
Flair: Neon and edgy artist hehe

Postby MacDuckBeat » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:25 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:Does anyone know where I can contact Love Bodhi? I want him to make a Love Bodhi's Graphics Pack.
He is on PGE forum. Right now, I'm on phone and someone could get a link for it.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:38 am

Ok, the stuff from the following graphics packs is now in -

- HenryRichard's
- Kazzoo's
- rahr480
- The non 1x1 stuff from Squishy Rex V1
-Some stuff from NSPBWii's graphics he retrieved for my ultimate gfx pack that didn't pan out, I uploaded most of it before but some didn't upload right

Now here is what needs to be done now:
-Fix the many empty folders in BGOs
-Reupload the empty folders left in the SMB2 folder in the blocks section
-Fix the many empty folders in Effects
-Fix the empty folders in SMW Koopas
-Upload Red Yoshi's original Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, and Link graphics folders

Squishy Rex and Murphmario, if you're out there, please help me with this.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:43 pm

How should we handle "fixing" graphics? For example, the Strawberry Goomba by Bumpty and Murphmario has an incorrect effect. But let's say that Murphmario was not around to fix it. Should I duplicate the folder for my fixed version, or edit the original folder and tack my name on it?

The same goes for graphics that were recolors of SMBX 1.3 graphics that had their masks changed in 1.3.0.1, like the Beach Koopas and some other ones in SMBX Obsolete Custom Graphics. Would it be best to edit those graphics to be in the vein of 1.3.0.1 (such as small beach koopas and the empty SMW window), or copy the masks from the original 1.3 to the folders that would have incompatibility with 1.3.0.1? Should there be two versions (1.3.0.1, and 1.3-compatible), and the old versions be archived?

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:19 am

I will be taking a break from working on the BGOs and NPCs, because Ethan Tudor (whoever that is) is currently working on those parts himself and I don't want to mess him up.

Also, what happened to Squishy Rex?

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:48 am

Eh, we've had our fair share of extremities with weather in the last week and a bit in the form of a cyclone, so I don't have much access to internet at the moment.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:48 pm

Squishy Rex wrote:Eh, we've had our fair share of extremities with weather in the last week and a bit in the form of a cyclone, so I don't have much access to internet at the moment.
I'm really sorry to hear that. You've been a great help so I hope things get better soon. :)

Also, should we delete all the duplicate graphics that Ethan uploaded? I kind of want to but I'm worried that he uploaded some stuff that was never uploaded before, so I don't want to waste his efforts.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:14 pm

I don't know a good way to sort the backgrounds, so could someone please do that?

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:17 am

I added mochila's graphics pack, and I would also like to draw attention to the Empty and Incomplete graphics. I would really appreciate it if anyone who had those graphics could put them in the folders and move them to where they should be.

Return to “Archives”