I'd like to say something about the state of the Level Judges.

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Re: I'd like to say something about the state of the Level Judges.

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:17 pm

AeroMatter wrote:There's no limit to how many people can be in a group, but there's a point where there's "too many" Level Judges. What's hard to understand about that?
What's hard to understand is how you think there can be too many Level Judges

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:20 pm

I don't think that.

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:50 pm

AeroMatter wrote:All you have to do is view their post history. If they haven't posted at all in forever and/or haven't even been online in a long time, that's a two second task. If they have been online and do post, all you need to do is scroll to the last time they posted in the Levels forum with a review which ctrl+f can help with. It's quick and only has to be done every once and a while.
Yeah, well, I don't really feel like doing that.
AeroMatter wrote:High in your priorities or higher in the staff's and LJ's priorities? No matter which, what is supposed to be a priority?
High in the staff's and LJ's priorities. What I'm saying is that the issue of inactive level judges does not require immediate action.
AeroMatter wrote:It does because there's an unspoken limit on how many judges there can be which prompts some to say "we have too many" or something along those lines. If they're not truly taking up slots then there would be bunches of people being Level Judges and it wouldn't be an "overkill" amount. Oddly enough the other useless group, Level Designers, has more people and they don't even serve a proper duty for the forum.
Sure, there's a point where it gets ridiculous. If we got to the point where there were, say, 20 level judges, I would say it is time to do a check on the group. The Level Designers group is for The Invasion 3 and whether it's useless or not is not your call. And the same applies to that group as to the Level Judges group: the forum software allows endless members in a group so possible idlers aren't taking up any "slots".

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Valtteri wrote:Yeah, well, I don't really feel like doing that.
You don't have to tell me twice. There's plenty of two second to five minute fixes that need to happen around here, and nobody is up to the task.
Valtteri wrote:High in the staff's and LJ's priorities. What I'm saying is that the issue of inactive level judges does not require immediate action.
I think the staff and LJs can speak for themselves. You didn't answer what your priorities are either.
Valtteri wrote:Sure, there's a point where it gets ridiculous. If we got to the point where there were, say, 20 level judges, I would say it is time to do a check on the group. The Level Designers group is for The Invasion 3 and whether it's useless or not is not your call. And the same applies to that group as to the Level Judges group: the forum software allows endless members in a group so possible idlers aren't taking up any "slots".
There's nine judges and half are inactive, and people have already been told there's too many judges. How many judges should there be at a given time?

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:10 pm

4-5 judges is enough. Any more than that and youre just asking for inactive members

qig
Ninji
Ninji

Postby qig » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:10 pm

valtorry is lazy and doesn't care about improving the forums.
wow who would of thought

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:14 pm

Valtteri wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:All you have to do is view their post history. If they haven't posted at all in forever and/or haven't even been online in a long time, that's a two second task. If they have been online and do post, all you need to do is scroll to the last time they posted in the Levels forum with a review which ctrl+f can help with. It's quick and only has to be done every once and a while.
Yeah, well, I don't really feel like doing that.
AeroMatter wrote:High in your priorities or higher in the staff's and LJ's priorities? No matter which, what is supposed to be a priority?
High in the staff's and LJ's priorities. What I'm saying is that the issue of inactive level judges does not require immediate action.
What in the world do you define the "current priorities" as? Are they just stuff that you just feel like doing at some point?

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:28 pm

AeroMatter wrote:I think the staff and LJs can speak for themselves. You didn't answer what your priorities are either.
You imply that the staff and the level judges disagree with me. I doubt many of them think that we should do a check on each level judge and fire the ones who haven't done anything within a set time right now. And there isn't a list of priorities that I can just give to you nor am I going to assemble one right now just for you. I simply said that the issue does not require immediate action.
AeroMatter wrote:There's nine judges and half are inactive, and people have already been told there's too many judges. How many judges should there be at a given time?
There's no specific limit.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:41 pm

There are judges who haven't reviewed in months.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:41 pm

You doubt, but you should ask them yourself. Check if your own house is in order and let them speak for themselves.

I'll also take this as there's no priorities and you're just trying to write off member concerns as unimportant.

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:58 am

Enjl wrote:IMO we don't need categories apart from Casual Levels and Battle Levels. If you want a review you can always PM a level judge who will then deem it subjectively good/bad.
^^^^^^

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby AirSeus » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:34 pm

Half of the Level Judges only lock stuff and not review stuff which is a bit stuipid since Level Judges are only here to judge levels, which is what their name suggests, but most don't do that.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:58 pm

Well you see, we need them around otherwise levels won't get reviewed and really there's nothing wrong with the Levels forum. This isn't a priority. We don't even need to have a discussion on how to improve it. I mean you have to understand that some of the LJs have lives you know and they have things going on keeping them off the forum, even though they're able to troll this thread non-stop with shilling to defend their own positions. There's no issue here, and it's everyone's attitude and focus on the Level Judges that is the real problem. What does it matter that threads get no attention, and are ignored for months and killed once they're categorized? As the strongest link of the LJ team said: "conformity doesn't make people around you miserable," and I think it's about time we all got in line. It doesn't matter that the only thing justifying LJ positions is the inefficient and broken system that's been used as part of the SMBX forum formula since the very first SMBX forum. That's not important. What is important is that this is the system that has always been used, therefor it is beyond reproach.

/s
Spoiler: show

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby CynicHost » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:44 pm

I quite like the idea of asking for a review from a LJ through a PM, so, y'know... there's no unnecessary competition. EXCEPT THAT WAS ENJL'S IDEA, and I'm honestly surprised why no one said anything about it. It's a great idea, could fix a lot of problems with the current system.

We wouldn't need to take the group away, but it would push them to do more of what they're actually supposed to be doing, which is judging levels.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:46 pm

Merlin wrote:I also quite like the idea of asking for a review from a LJ through a PM, so, y'know... there's no unnecessary competition.
EXCEPT THAT WAS ENJL'S IDEA, and I'm honestly surprised why no one said anything about it. It's a great idea, could fix a lot of problems.
Wouldn't everyone just be asking for reviews? And if they don't know that, topics would just sit around and rot. What's the issue with reviewing levels from oldest to newest anyway?

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby CynicHost » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:48 pm

Merlin wrote:We wouldn't need to take the group away, but it would push them to do more of what they're actually supposed to be doing, which is judging levels.
Sorry, I edited my post after I submitted it, so you probably didn't see that. ^^^^

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:06 am

Merlin wrote:I quite like the idea of asking for a review from a LJ through a PM, so, y'know... there's no unnecessary competition. EXCEPT THAT WAS ENJL'S IDEA, and I'm honestly surprised why no one said anything about it. It's a great idea, could fix a lot of problems with the current system.

We wouldn't need to take the group away, but it would push them to do more of what they're actually supposed to be doing, which is judging levels.
It wasn't Enjl's idea, it's been happening for a long time. I got a few on NSMBX and SMBX Revived back in my golden judging days.

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:17 pm

Egg
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Egg » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:21 pm

That is the most half assed review ive seem.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:59 pm

#BTB have the right to be respected like any other level posted in the level section. The Judges should stop acting like they pure shit levels and act like they ruin the forum.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”