SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
Mario_and_Luigi_55
Spike
Spike

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Mario_and_Luigi_55 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:11 am

Does it have the newest lua or do I need to update Lua?

Foxyfromsmbx
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Foxyfromsmbx » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:22 am

how do i access the chagelog again? (just downloaded)

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:15 am

Foxyfromsmbx wrote:how do i access the chagelog again? (just downloaded)
It's in the "data" folder.

Mario_and_Luigi_55
Spike
Spike

Postby Mario_and_Luigi_55 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:10 am

How do I test levels in Legacy Editor (for example I want to erase something while testing the level)

zxcv
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: They/She

Postby zxcv » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:08 am

Hoeloe wrote:
Prado wrote:Ok, I'm gonna list all bugs I have found so far:

- Samus is invisible while in morph ball mode

- Mega Man's charge cannon won't have particles while charging

- King Dedede is invisible

- When F12 is pressed, it causes the game to freeze the display, obrigating me to restart game. No screenshots are saved

- Alt + Enter doesn't work
That sounds to me like something is up with your graphics card. The first 3 things you listed are all OpenGL drawing, so I'd suggest making sure your graphics card isn't damaged.
After some research, I found that it isn't a question of damaging the GPU, but it is just a question of the GPU supporting the FrameBuffer Object extension. Since my GPU drivers are up-to-date, there's nothing to do except try a GPU emulator.

The FBO became part of the core in OpenGL 3. Unfortunately I only have OpenGL 2.0

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Reign
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Reign » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:22 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:I've never heard of this happening. Can you upload your episode and link it to me in this thread, as well as tell me what video card you're using?
Sent you a link and the information by PM since the episode is not ready for public yet. I am also going to test it by removing the altered player characters because I encountered this problem a few times when testing levels from PGE/SMBX integration and I think it did not occur with default player graphics.

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:06 am

Holy shitos doritos, it's out! The new stuff from the trailer looks freaking awesome, and I can't wait to see what that new Mario Challenge is all about! I simply can't wait to try all the new stuff out! This is truely doing SMBX justice!

Edit: God damnit, out of space! I seriously need my own PC instead of my dad's shitty working PC with no space whatsoever!

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:23 pm

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but Ninja Bomberman can float infinitely because whenever he drops a bomb the hover timer (I'm assuming at least) resets and he can drop another bomb after hovering for a brief amount of time. This feels kinda wrong and I'm not sure it happened before

Gmod182
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Gmod182 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:10 pm

#KirbyFor2.0
he would be perfect!

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:23 pm

For some reason, I'm having problems regarding the devkits in episodes. There are times where the devkit's graphics overpower the graphics in the level folder which causes the devkit's graphics to replace certain graphics instead of the graphics on the level folder which replace the same thing. Also, for some reason, certain level graphics in the world map have been changed without any alteration to the original at all. I even looked at PGE, everything that should be there is there. Final bug I found is that the ghost house back wall bgo and bgo-79 overlap sizeables for some reason.

King Godzilla
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby King Godzilla » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:33 pm

I was playing the Mario Challenge but then, the pipe glitch occurred when I tried to go in the pipe as Mega Man.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:36 pm

King Godzilla wrote:I was playing the Mario Challenge but then, the pipe glitch occurred when I tried to go in the pipe as Mega Man.
Can you further explain "pipe glitch"? What exactly happened? And was it a pipe in a level or in the hub?

loop
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: i may be dumb but im not stupid!
Pronouns: he/him/they

Postby loop » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:45 pm

PixelPest wrote:
King Godzilla wrote:I was playing the Mario Challenge but then, the pipe glitch occurred when I tried to go in the pipe as Mega Man.
Can you further explain "pipe glitch"? What exactly happened? And was it a pipe in a level or in the hub?
Probably a glitch similar to the glitch caused when entering a pipe with a Venus Fire Trap in a certain location(somewhere in those lines...) :| :geek:

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:48 pm

Are the levels in the Mario challenge just randomly generated based on certain parameters?

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Postby underFlo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:50 pm

King of Eterity wrote:Are the levels in the Mario challenge just randomly generated based on certain parameters?
They're randomly picked from the episodes you have installed.

timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:56 pm

this was the moment i was waiting for. At least some new characters didn't look like re-skins of Peach afterwards.

timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:00 pm

Quill wrote:
snoruntpyro wrote:BUT HOWKWAKREW OTAME WHERE IS THE FROGSUIT AND KIRBY???????????????????????
don't forget playable waluigi, inexcusable

please don't kill me horikawa
The only thing the frog suit does is improving swimming mechanics. Also, Kirby would be kind of difficult; they would have to add all sorts of enemies from kirby.

zxcv
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby zxcv » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:53 pm

I tried all GPU emulation options and none worked.

PLEASE, is there any way to replace the invisible GFX in my own SMBX with non-frameBufferObject?

Hoeloe
Foo
Foo
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Hoeloe » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:58 pm

Prado wrote:I tried all GPU emulation options and none worked.

PLEASE, is there any way to replace the invisible GFX in my own SMBX with non-frameBufferObject?
No, sadly. That's not how OpenGL works. It's not "invisible GFX". The sprites themselves aren't framebuffer objects, framebuffer objects are how the graphics are rendered. I'm afraid there's not much we can do, since this suggests your graphics card is either damaged or more than about 10 years out of date.

zxcv
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby zxcv » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Prado wrote:I tried all GPU emulation options and none worked.

No, sadly. That's not how OpenGL works. It's not "invisible GFX". The sprites themselves aren't framebuffer objects, framebuffer objects are how the graphics are rendered. I'm afraid there's not much we can do, since this suggests your graphics card is either damaged or more than about 10 years out of date.
I know that sprites aren't objects, I mean... is there any way to modify the Lua files in my episode/level to disable the use of OpenGL stuff and then replace with another sprite processing method.

Return to “Archives”