M28 - Bomb Squad POSTGAME

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Re: M28 - Bomb Squad POSTGAME

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:18 pm

Nien wrote:
TNTtimelord wrote:Hey second game in a row that I didn't get a fucking chance to contibute due to my behavior in past games. Man mafia is fun when you get to play
"behavior in past games"

i killed you because you got salty and tried to kill thedinoking like a mongoloid in order to try to look innocent, which made you look like an obvious mafia. This has nothing to do with past games.
I didn't do a damn thing the entire game besides smokescreen myself because I didn't know how my own role worked and then smokescreen Dino once I did.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:22 pm

Oh ok I forgot I posted.

Zeldamaster can personally confirm I was acting that post.

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:27 pm

TNTtimelord wrote: I didn't do a damn thing the entire game besides smokescreen myself because I didn't know how my own role worked and then smokescreen Dino once I did.
Spoiler: show
TNTtimelord wrote:Oh ok I forgot I posted.

Zeldamaster can personally confirm I was acting that post.
It was really obvious that you were doing this, that's why i went for you.
TNTtimelord wrote:
PixelPest wrote:Spinda's games are great and this sequel has been awaited a long time. If it doesn't win there's going to be some paradoxical mafia game. I'll of course submit mine too, but I really want to play Spinda's
They're in my opinion really not and I find them confusing and hard to follow because you have weird role names in replacement of the usual ones and more often than not most of the usual roles have some sort of catch to them. In result the entire games end up becoming confusing and unfun because it always ends up one team getting completely obliterated within a few phases.
K I went on a tangent this had little to do with Spinda's games it's more of everyone that doesn't use conventional character names, like fucking farm animal role names, ice cream flavors, forum members, etc. all those games were CONFUSING. You know which games weren't? Joey's, Pseudo-Dino's, because they had NORMAL lineups and it allowed for less confusion and better strategies to develop, which in M25 it looked it would be another "mafia gone in 3 phases" game like every other one, but then they developed a good strategy and came back.

Honestly, the mafia games ARE more fun when the mafia isn't out by Day 3 or so on. They are also fun when they use a normal fucking lineup.

As for me? Hell I may just be salty but fuck I'm done with mafia on this place.
You are not capable of playing mafia if the fucking names of the roles confusing you. Like igno said, it's a game about slowing down and thinking and not rushing into shit like some sort of barbarian. You haven't lasted long from the games i've seen you because you go straight to the worst moves possible (ex: claiming THIRD PARTY on the mafia game i hosted, which was why you got killed night 1). Not understanding what a role does is a you problem, as it is usually just summarized. If you slowed down and actually read the ability, it litreally just says this:
Smokescreen: [lore...] making the player of his choice's color black for the day phase. Discusses with his fellow Mafiosi who to kill.
If you're done with mafia, that's fine, but don't blame the hosts for adding a theme to their games.

Also, the game's balancing was actually more FAVORABLE to the mafia than the games you used as an example, since those games had like 3-4 blues with special abilities, while the mafia members didn't have special abilities. This game was in no way drafted against the mafia.

Kyo Saito
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Kyo Saito » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:55 pm

My only problem with Spinda's game is that it doesn't use the normal/conventional colors for Mafia/Werewolf games, which are a little harder to understand, especially for someone like me who is used to the traditional Red/Green/Blue/Yellow. I can understand mixing the colors up, but if the Mafia is purple and the two Third Party members have completely different colors, it can get a little confusing having to deal with unnecessary colors like that.

That's just my personal opinion, however. Another quip I have, though it's relatively minor, is that the entire game is based on in-jokes, which might be hard to follow. I'm not sure I'll participate in Mafia this time around if that one wins, no offense to Spinda, but at least that leaves more room for more players. :D

Nato
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Nato » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:47 am

Good game. From my perspective at least, I can tell it might have been stale for all non-power roles in the game. Sanct was the one I left out, and while I see he was perfectly fine I couldn't be too sure. The alliance between the captain and the vigilante kept going until it was smited instantly... so I feel as though I did my job well for the game.

Hey, I got a heal off. That was more then I expected to do the entire game, and I left a legacy that would follow through to the end of the game. In my opinion at least.

What could I have done better? Telling Sanct about the other blue roles would have been okay, but again, can't be sure. Communications between members could have been better. Responding to the heckle of Jacob and co I could have done better, but in the end it worked out by the grace of the other blues claiming.

If the mafia wedged themselves into a blue claim (captain would have been best) they may have confused me for another round and saved their skins. As I was being almost too careful with who I made an alliance with.

Over all, good game. I'm glad my revealing gambit paid off in the long run and didn't cause the game to be thrown. I personally like doing something/anything that would lead the game in the direction of justice, rather then just have the game essentially go. It worked out, and I hope I meeted everyone expectations. To both the town, mafia and neutral I hope I performed nicely.

GG. Shout out to my blues and Sanct for not telling you anything. Thank you to those who participated, and once again, relax Jacob.

TDK
Foo
Foo
Flair: Retired

Postby TDK » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Wait, Waddle Derp was the oddball?
The game would have been very different if he got lynched instead of Pixel Pest.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:48 pm

good game well played

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:53 pm

TheDinoKing432 wrote:Wait, Waddle Derp was the oddball?
The game would have been very different if he got lynched instead of Pixel Pest.
I was hoping glitch4 would be the oddball. That was my intention

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Yeah pixel you nearly convinced me with that PM
Well played, man. You were super-convincing.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Waddle Derp wrote:Yeah pixel you nearly convinced me with that PM
Well played, man. You were super-convincing.
Thanks!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:02 pm

Does it normally take this long for analysis to take place and to name the MVP?

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:19 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Does it normally take this long for analysis to take place and to name the MVP?

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:45 pm

I'll get it up when I get it up.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:02 pm

PixelPest wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Does it normally take this long for analysis to take place and to name the MVP?
I said normally because I was unsure. I already know Sanct is the MVP though.

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Nato wrote: relax Jacob.
Nah
Too much work

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:51 am

Okay, player recaps are up. I should have role logs up by tomorrow, so look forward to that! =P

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah

Postby Waddle » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:17 am

Yeah, that last day was crazy. Sanct and I were literally spamming the reload button, waiting for Glitch4 to post.

Nato
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Nato » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Hooray, bragging rights. That I'll never use. 8-)

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:25 am

Yeah, I probably went into believing Nien way too easily there, but to be real Sanct didn't convince me very well that he was blue, especially when he just sorta gave up. I mean, who just doesn't use their ability on one night because they were unsure, especially when it is one with no repercussions for misuse.

Anyway, I gotta dust off the old Mafia cobwebs and really get back into the mindset of the game. Trust no one.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah

Postby Waddle » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Bomber57 wrote:Trust no one.
I trusted sanct a little too quickly; that could have been bad lol

Return to “Mafia”