M35: Frozen Solid End

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Re: M35: Frozen Solid DAY 3

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:38 am

Yeah, he is the only one I can think of.

MacheTheFerret
Phanto
Phanto
Pronouns: she/her

Postby MacheTheFerret » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:00 am

thehelmetguy1 wrote:Yeah, he is the only one I can think of.
WELL NOW HOLD ON JUST A DARN FUCKIN SECOND THERE PAL

So after everything we talked about in private, everything I trusted you with, now you want to take a shit on it?

For those that are unaware, thehelmetguy and I sent a few PMs back and forth to each other during the phase that Jacob got unfortunately lynched in.
Let's take a look at them.
(Note: there are many occasions where I have seemingly-nonexistent quotes from thehelmetguy, those are from private messages he sent)
Spoiler: show
PaperPlayerX wrote:Subject: M35: Frozen Solid DAY 2
thehelmetguy1 wrote:"Pseudo was frozen for the entire day 1, much probably because she is an experient player. And we will have to see if Pseudo is Mafia. If she is not, Mafia will probably kill her this night. If she is, the SS will probably kill her this night. Unless Pseudo has a role that is immune to nightkills, this will probably happen since she is experient and may give trouble to enemy teams. Taking this as a base, we can find clues to Pseudo's role."
These were my thoughts during night 2. So, Pseudo is clearly neither dead nor frozen. And she is an experient player. Why would neither the mafia nor the SS kill her? I assume that one of them attempted to kill Pseudo and failed, because her role is immune to nightkills, or she was protected by the medic. They are clearly attempting to kill the more experient players, like ZM, Spinda and others. However this means that the hunter killed someone this night. As we know, it wouldn't be intelligent for the SM to nightkill. Well, based on this, Pseudo can easily be a role that is immune to nightkills. These roles are:
-Ghostly Townie;
-Banished Townie;
-Soul Salesman.

There is quite a chance that Pseudo is not in the town's side. Hey, just a question now, is mafia kill considered as a nightkill? Are players that are immune to nightkills also immune to Mafia Kills?
thehelmetguy1 wrote:Ok, from what I saw a mafia kill is considered as a nightkill. So, Pseudo's role is possibly immune to night kills. It might not be certain; The medic could have protected Pseudo, but if not, it is likely that she is not from the town, as chances that she is are 1 in 3. Anyways, do you think Pseudo was protected by the medic?
It seems we may have cornered Pseudo if our medic comes forth with a bit of information. Specifically, you mention that Pseudo could be either the salesman, the ghostly townie, or the banished townie, or protected by the medic.

Well, I'm happy to inform you that I am, in fact, the Ghostly Townie, which would make Pseudo being him impossible. That means, unless he was protected by the medic, he must be a non-town role, and therefore should be lynched. Also, even if he was protected by the medic, he may probably be evil, which would make him even more likely to be evil.

Now, you may be wonder why I private messaged you, of all people, this confession of mine. What if you were an evil role yourself? Well, that's the point, really. As someone who can't die at night, I have the power to tell you this without worrying about dying to anyone who can nightkill.
What does this mean for you? Well, many things. If you're innocent, you'll be able to use this information to help lynch Pseudo and help the town win.
If you're evil, then I've basically fucked you over by sending you this. Why? Because if anything were to happen to me, such as being silenced, then I would instantly know why: because I sent you this message. Which basically means I would know that you're one of them. If I'm not silenced, however, and I deem that you may be not innocent, then I will simply post this entire message in the topic, just in case you try to have your Mafia buddies gang up on me because I stated all of this.

tl;dr I'm the ghostly townie, Pseudo is probably evil, if you're innocent you'll know to use this to help the town lynch him off, if not the very act of me sending you this message has doomed your team.

P.S. I'd like to remain anonymous if you quote me on any of this in the thread. If you give me away, I'll be suspicious of you. If you change any word I've spoken in this message in the thread, I'll know and become suspicious of you.
PaperPlayerX wrote:
thehelmetguy1 wrote:What do you think? Should we vote for Pseudo?
I'm leaning towards yes, but let's see what else Pseudo has to say before we make any rash decisions.
PaperPlayerX wrote:
thehelmetguy1 wrote:It is better to do this. Let's see what Pseudo has to say
Cool and good. Also, I think we both forgot to send the rest of our PMs to Sanct. Maybe we should do that. :/

To Sanct specifically:
PaperPlayerX wrote:Ya know, if no-one even tried to kill him, then my PM may be a mistake. Nonetheless, the concept still stands.
This PM was sent almost immediately after my first lengthy one, all of my PMs thus far have been to thehelmetguy
PaperPlayerX wrote:
thehelmetguy1 wrote:What do you think? Should we vote for Pseudo?
I'm leaning towards yes, but let's see what else Pseudo has to say before we make any rash decisions.
This was sent after a previous PM of helmet's that he'll hopefully send to you shortly.
PaperPlayerX wrote:
thehelmetguy1 wrote:Well, note that Pseudo started to act more suspiciously after I accused her. I think we may be getting somewhere.
yOu FoRgOt To AdD sAnCt

Pseudo has proven time and time again in Mafia to be a master manipulator and an excellent Mafioso, but I think she's gotten a bit rusty. I think she's definitely slipping up a bit and we should act on her suspicious behavior (ie lynch).
Now, claiming that I'm the ghostly townie to him alone doesn't mean very much by itself, but what I find very interesting is the chain of events that followed after Pseudo's suspicion was cleared, and actually, a little during the phase Jacob got lynched in. Again, you guys already noticed that two blues died the night after Pseudo's suspicion was cleared and every blue now believed she was the hunter. That's pretty weird. Also notice that during day 2 (I think that's when Jacob was lynched? I forgot), once Jacob arrived, it seemed like a few people came out of the woodwork just to lynch Jacob, but not for Pseudo.

My theory is that Psuedo and her Mafia crew (or by herself somehow on the slim chance she's the SS) completely baited the other blues and used their combined influence to lynch one of them "on accident." I'll admit that I contributed a bit towards Jacob's death, but that was only after being tricked myself.

I also find it very convenient that after everything that just happened, there's now a high chance that the sheriff is dead, which also means there's almost no chance that I could ever prove to anyone that I'm the ghostly townie. And all of this happened basically over night, the night after the phase all my PMs to helmet were sent. Why would one of the parties want to kill me?
If Pseudo really is the hunter and I was your target...whoops, I guess. Nothing I can really do about that. But if it was the Mafia or even the SS that made the attempt, then I'm now really suspect of thehelmetguy.
I'm actually kinda surprised I wasn't silenced by the Ice Spirit.

MacheTheFerret
Phanto
Phanto

Postby MacheTheFerret » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:03 am

I can also admit that the whole "if you're Mafia, you're fucked" statement in the PM was pretty out there, but when you can't die at night, you have the power to make those kinds of claims and know you won't get killed in the process. If I was just a townie, I wouldn't ever dream of attempting that.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:26 am

I said it out of fear that I would end up looking suspicious. That is what I have to say. Lynch vote me if you want, but you will see what happens if I am lynched. I am not a blue, I am merely a townie. Anyways, think what you will.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:27 am

I don't care too much about being killed, the town has very low chances of victory anyways

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:29 am

Therefore, I don't see why I shouldn't claim my role. Of course, I know people will not believe in me, maybe even suspecting of me, but at this point, I don't care too much.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:37 am

Also, if I were mafia or SS, do you think I be stupid enough to hand over my own head in a silver plate? However, your statement can be true. This is the reason why I voted on Jacob:
Pseudo wrote:It's suspicion list time!
suspicious
PaperPlayer: Seems to be saying a whole lot without adding much useful strategy or info, especially at start of Night 2. May be encouraging us to not lynch, which is typically bad for the town.
Nanaya Jacob: Trying to get the sheriff to claim (esp. on Day 1) is not usually encouraged. I feel like he knows better due to being a more experienced Mafia player.
King of Eternity: Seems quick to accuse people of stuff. Kind of bad vibes I suppose.
RudeGuy07: I get a kind of bad feeling from him because he seems to be fairly active, but also only following MECHDRAGON's plans as opposed to coming up with anything himself. Only slight suspicion.
Pseudo's list. It is very possible that she tricked us to do that. If it is true, Pseudo has proven in Mafia to be a master manipulator and an excellent Mafioso once again.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:39 am

Might I add that I find it super hilarious that you guys are basically just throwing schoolyard comebacks at eachother without Actually trying to save this game.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:10 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:I said it out of fear that I would end up looking suspicious.
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I don't care too much about being killed
uhm... okay?
PaperPlayerX wrote: My theory is that Psuedo and her Mafia crew (or by herself somehow on the slim chance she's the SS) completely baited the other blues and used their combined influence to lynch one of them "on accident." I'll admit that I contributed a bit towards Jacob's death, but that was only after being tricked myself.
your theory doesnt make much sense because there was no counterclaim to pseudo's claim (and she claimed before the death of every other blue), and its really likely that jacob inspected pseudo instead of blindly trusting her.
i too find the death of 2 blues weird, though, pseudo should really say something about this.

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: :)
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Yoshi021 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:54 pm

oh God, I can't believe this actually happened, if there is an alliance, then we have to start checking who could be the mafia, and allow Pseudo to start killing them fast before it is too late.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:02 pm

In order to have a chance of winning, we have to lynch a mafia or the SS this day, and the hunter kills another mafia or the SS this night. And we do the same in day 4 and night 5. In other words, we will have to be lucky as fuck. Unless someone comes up with a better way, that is it.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Yoshi021 wrote:oh God, I can't believe this actually happened, if there is an alliance, then we have to start checking who could be the mafia, and allow Pseudo to start killing them fast before it is too late.
Well.... there was an alliance. I have been in contact with MECHDRAGON777 every since the beginning of the game. We then claimed to pseudo and started an alliance. We were about to add Supershroom to it when shit hit the fan. I am still in contact with Pseudo, though I dont think there will be anything that can safe the town from doom.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:11 pm

As I said, it is nearly impossible to save the town, reason why I don't care too much about dying.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:15 pm

PaperPlayerX
I am 100% certain you are the Soul salesman, and unless you can come up with solid and concrete evidence to convince me otherwise, bye bye.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:21 pm

I don't have anyone to vote on yet, neither a potential suspect. However I am not going to do a phantom. In case I don't find anyone to suspect of, I will just safety vote using the RNG.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:31 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:I don't have anyone to vote on yet, neither a potential suspect. However I am not going to do a phantom. In case I don't find anyone to suspect of, I will just safety vote using the RNG.
Make sure the RNG doesnt stop at Pseudo though.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:45 pm

Goddamnit, two blues died at once...

Since there is a 2/3 chance that PaperPlayerX is the salesman or the banished townie, (there are 3 roles which are nightkill immune and only one of them is town) I also recommend lynchvoting him.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:27 pm

I would call everyone to lynch vote PaperplayerX. The odds of him being a villain are just too high not to eliminate him for.
Also, we need to keep killing possible villains in order to have at least a slight chance of victory.

MacheTheFerret
Phanto
Phanto

Postby MacheTheFerret » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:34 pm

witchking666 wrote: I am 100% certain you are the Soul salesman, and unless you can come up with solid and concrete evidence to convince me otherwise, bye bye.
That's some delicious circular logic of yours.

Apparently I'm the soul salesman because witchking is 100% certain that I'm the soul salesman, and asks me to prove otherwise despite it being certain that I'm the soul salesman apparently.
You have no evidence at all other than your own word. You'll see that you've failed at the end of the game.
witchking666

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:43 pm

PaperPlayerX
Have to join the bandwagon here. Our only hope of winning. Yeah we are totally fucked. Also the SS can't be killed by Pseudo because he is immune to nightkills.

Return to “Mafia”