Creative Contest (ported from SMBXR)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: Creative Contest (ported from SMBXR)

Postby reghrhre » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:40 am

PaperPlayerX wrote:
Aeon wrote:Is making an episode for it really necessary? A zip with all the levels would be enough imo. I really dislike those contest episodes personally, I find them rather unnecessary to have to play through the whole episode, especially how you play through the 'worse' levels before playing the better ones.
Aeon has a point, but an episode would make it easier for others to play all the levels. Maybe you set it up somehow so that you can beat the levels in any order, but you have to complete a majority to progress?
That could work too. Idk, I'm still thinking of what to do, it's incredibly hard to think up of a fitting theme for a contest like this.

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:10 am

reghrhre wrote:
PaperPlayerX wrote:
Aeon wrote:Is making an episode for it really necessary? A zip with all the levels would be enough imo. I really dislike those contest episodes personally, I find them rather unnecessary to have to play through the whole episode, especially how you play through the 'worse' levels before playing the better ones.
Aeon has a point, but an episode would make it easier for others to play all the levels. Maybe you set it up somehow so that you can beat the levels in any order, but you have to complete a majority to progress?
That could work too. Idk, I'm still thinking of what to do, it's incredibly hard to think up of a fitting theme for a contest like this.
How about mystical ruins?

sezixor
Blooper
Blooper

Postby sezixor » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:28 am

I have finally finished my level. I need to test it a bit but I should have it submitted today or tomorrow.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Speaking of levels, I have to start on mine right now!!

Chris900J

Postby Chris900J » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Quick question: Does sky/cloudy levels are part of the nature theme? I think they are, but I want to be 100% sure.

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:18 pm

Yep, sky/cloud levels count as nature

xtremegamer51

Postby xtremegamer51 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:54 pm

Just wandering what if its a grassy type castle like its a castle but theres also like a forest theme to it like theres plants growing in the castle?
Anyways I will make a level and pm it to you.

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Hmm, that won't really work out too much since the level is taking place inside a castle which really isn't naturey, it has to take place outside in a way. You can make a castle ruins level with a forest theme, that'd work.

xtremegamer51

Postby xtremegamer51 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Oh alright.Well luckily I was not doing that for mine.
Last edited by xtremegamer51 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:09 am

Just let your imagination decide the theme of your level. You can design a beautiful ravine, snowy mountain peaks, jungle ruins, fiery volcanos, desert oasis, anything that fits within the broader theme.

Also you shouldn't reveal the theme of your level because that's against the rules.

Rolim

Postby Rolim » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:30 pm

where i put the post/level? sorry im portuguese :(

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:54 pm

You PM your level to me, you're not allowed to post it for everyone to play yet, you can do so after the results are up

Bj007pro

Postby Bj007pro » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:39 am

Whats soo bad about it? I think its a Good Idea but to play Best one's first to the Bad one's last. - I think it a good way to have a laugh ;)

Eternity
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Eternity » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:10 pm

I just don't like it being required to play through the worst levels before reaching the decent/good ones, specially when some of them are boring to play. If we're going to make a contest episode, I feel like at least it shouldn't be necessary to play them.

Keddy
Flurry
Flurry
Flair: ここはお前の住む世界ではない!

Postby Keddy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:30 pm

Well, it's not like it's final or a hub styled ToB5. A level pack imo would be a pain to open every individual one level, at the very least make a hub where all the levels are open and playable straight after the download.

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:03 am

I apologize, but I'm gonna cancel this contest, I'm extremely disorganized, not really interested in running this anymore, the Talkhaus contest has caught most peoples attention than this, and there's been a rather big lack of participants and there's a small amount of hype for this; I'm not pushing the deadline for this back anymore, it's pointless at this point. And when I say I'm disorganized, I mean that I don't have a prize nor thought of one, I haven't thought of things I should be thinking of such as whether or not to make an episode for this, and I can't find Kyo anywhere since he's a judge but he's practically non-existent here.

Sorry for the people who were interested and/or looking forward to this, and sorry to the people who have already submitted, you can use those levels for the next official contest (Tower of Bias) whenever that comes which is in February or March, I'll allow you guys to use those levels even though I'm not judging or hosting that contest.

I'm gonna leave this as an announcement for a few days so everyone who's doing something for this contest knows why it's gone.

Return to “General”