M33: Christmas is a Few Months Early... Postgame (Player Analysis)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Re: M33: Christmas is a Few Months Early... Postgame

Postby Witchking666 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:08 am

I really don't know why I trusted Waddle Derp tbh...

Also 100% certain I was given the angel role just to get an ironic death message.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:52 am

Well, that was a pretty good game. My only qualms would have to be the clarification issues which messed the town up pretty drastically, but I guess it's no big deal. Another issue I want to complain about though is Ness-Wednesday's absolutely horrible playing "strategies". He did absolutely no help for the town, not even using his ability, and he made replies through PM not even related to the game at all.
As much as this is probably going too far, I really think something should have been done about that, because having such a vital role that didn't even get used and the person behind that role is acting like a total fool will cost the town the game, and I'm not saying that's what killed us, but he didn't have any form of cooperation at all during the game, and he didn't even bother to help the town or himself out. I think more formal term of punishment needs to be in order for people that throw the game like that, and as much as I don't want to point fingers and accuse, I'd really like to bring to attention that TNT didn't even bother defending himself, and he flipped his shit much to the point where he even tried voting himself off just because he was pissed with everyone in the game. I think when it gets to that point, action needs to be taken because it will ruin the game for everyone else.

One thing I would desperately like to bring up, as I am seeing this constantly with every game, is that just because your role was Townie, it does not mean you are just a useless filler player. You are completely vital to the town's success, as your vote could mean a town win during the day. The problem at hand is a combination of Townies going inactive (Jacob this game), as well as the Townies just giving up altogether (TNT this game). If you join a game, you should be expected to play, not immediately give up because you weren't given a special role.

Finally, Zeldamaster and I were talking about it, and I think it would be good to see a new rule for Mafia implemented that says "You Post It, You Host It", because after this game, I think it has become apparent that it would make sense for whoever posted the game to host it, as they would know the most about the game than anyone else. I suppose exceptions to this would include a game where the rules are laid out and explained to whoever would be hosting, but the idea is that when you post the game, you are being given the privilege to host. It doesn't seem fair to everyone else that has been sitting on their hands waiting to finally get a chance at being a host, when someone who's game does win ends up getting passed on to one of the game masters. I think the current host system needs to be changed where it was every 2 games where a person doesn't get to host, since currently it's a cycle.
As an example, right now it's whoever hosted the past game can't host the next one, so if you get "famous" game hosts, you start getting a pattern of "A, B, C, A, B, C" hosts.
If this makes any sense, I think the duration you can go before you can host the next game should following a cycle of two, so it would be more like "A B, B C, C A, A B" and so on. This could eliminate the issue I've been seeing with people getting repeated host for the past few games, and could open up to other people having a chance to host. So now would be a perfect time to start this before M34, as we could start with "TNT and Pseudo" as not being able to host a game, and then lets just say Spinda gets to hose M34, the cycle would shift to "Pseudo and Spinda", then it can shift to "Spinda and Zeldamaster12", so on so forth. I hope that makes enough sense to work with.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:58 am

I can agree with that 8bit, Might actually help with the people not getting to host. As for Yoshi021, I actually did type "Yoshi021" and not "Yoshi21".

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:11 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:I dunno why Mech was so trustworthy, but hey, it worked.
Simply because he used his ability on Danny right at the start of the game.

Anyway, Danny, please have some understandings for Ness-Wednesday. Everybody had their first time once ago, and everybody also had their first time "screwing up" eventually. Pointing out how he could have played better is fine but don't discourage him over that.

And for the problem on hosting, instead giving the winning game to a GM, it's just simpler to do the second-most voted game if the winner drops out, and maybe the winner can reserve a spot for hosting when they're up for it.

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:01 am

I've never actually played a game of mafia where the town has won ALONG WITH never having played as a mafia member.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:29 pm

Shroom, this isn't his first game.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:46 pm

Didn't Ness-Wednesday state a couple of times that it was his first game?

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:56 pm

He played in M30.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:29 pm

Supershroom wrote:Anyway, Danny, please have some understandings for Ness-Wednesday. Everybody had their first time once ago, and everybody also had their first time "screwing up" eventually. Pointing out how he could have played better is fine but don't discourage him over that.
Zeldamaster12 wrote:He played in M30.
And also, playing for the first time leaves you with no excuses other than some issues understanding game mechanics. If it was game mechanics that was the issue, that would be understandable. However, that isn't the issue.
Pseudo-dino wrote:We had a very close game here. The blues managed to stay alive for a long time and be somewhat effective, though oddly Ness-Wednesday never used his ability at all, which did not do well at all for him or the town in general.

Not to mention all of this happening:

Again, there's being new to the game and its mechanics, and then there's just being plain bad at the game. I could tell him where to improve, but I honestly think it should be obvious in the first place.

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:52 pm

i still have no idea why ness wednesday suspected me. (even before waddle turned the table on him and got him lynched.)

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:03 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:
TNTtimelord wrote:Pseudo, something went wrong with the Caroler. At least ONE of the three they sing about HAS to be mafia. It's completely random aside from that.

On top of that the Actress only cardflips the role they copies upon death.
The original list had Mech on it. Mech replaced his name with Yoshi021 and sent it to Danny.
Oh Mech you sneaky bastard lmao

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:15 am

TNTtimelord wrote:
Zeldamaster12 wrote:
TNTtimelord wrote:Pseudo, something went wrong with the Caroler. At least ONE of the three they sing about HAS to be mafia. It's completely random aside from that.

On top of that the Actress only cardflips the role they copies upon death.
The original list had Mech on it. Mech replaced his name with Yoshi021 and sent it to Danny.
Oh Mech you sneaky bastard lmao
What is so wrong with what I did? I was thinking of throwing everyone off by including all three of the names of the mafia on the list. As soon as Sanct inspected Zeldamaster at that point (None of us would of being scanned yet) then ka-bluey, No more Sheriff. My team mates did not like the idea, so...

I think I did quite well in my position. The Crystal Ball is the thing that gave me away honestly.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:45 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:What is so wrong with what I did? I was thinking of throwing everyone off by including all three of the names of the mafia on the list. As soon as Sanct inspected Zeldamaster at that point (None of us would of being scanned yet) then ka-bluey, No more Sheriff. My team mates did not like the idea, so...

I think I did quite well in my position. The Crystal Ball is the thing that gave me away honestly.
There's nothing wrong with what you did. It was a smart move as mafia, I know I would have done that.

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:09 am

Had that happened, then the town would have won. (infact, if i had not voted it would have been a 50/50 chance.)

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:08 am

When can we see player analysis and/or M34?

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:03 pm

Ah shit i forgot about player analysis, that'll be up in a couple of hours.

M34 too probably

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:38 pm

Alright, that's cool.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:02 pm

Player Analysis

MECHDRAGON777: The Associate. Good usage of your ability, and great response to the caroling from Syndrilevosse. You were a valuable member of the mafia, and there's really nothing you could have done about being crystal balled by Santa.

Yoshi021: The Nurse. You had good ability usage aside from roleblocking Santa unintentional, up until you were killed by the mafia. Not super active though, but you died in the early game so not much to blame you for.

Nanaya Jacob: Townsperson. Pretty inactive, which was a big part of the town's loss. Please don't do this.

Zeldamaster12: The Bomb. MVP of the game, great job! Thanks to Waddle Derp's inspections coordinated by the whole mafia, they were able to root out most of the blues fairly early in the game and pick them off one by one. Zeldamaster12 is the specific MVP since he did most of the planning for the group, and especially due to his lynching plan on Day 6 that won his team the game. Good job not getting visited for the whole game by the way.

Spinda: Townsperson. Died Night 1, but not much can be done about that.

Supershroom: Townsperson. One of the more valuable townspeople, you kept a cool head even late into the game when things were looking pretty grim. You had good leads and even predicted that Zeldamaster was in the mafia on Night 6. Your leads in general made a lot of sense even when they weren't 100% correct.

Waddle Derp: The Actress. Kept inspecting blues which meant crazy good things for the mafia (especially given my incorrectly implemented crystal ball mechanics). You did a lot of helpful planning for the mafia as well and were a valuable member, though a little inactive in the group PMs during the mid-game.

Doesntpostverymuch: The Miller.While you were ultimately tricked by Zeldamaster, you did coordinate with the other townspeople pretty well and were very active in any case. Hope to see more from you in Mafia in the future!

Sanct: Santa. The MVP of the town team, and definitely the most effective of the blues ability wise, which makes sense since he's the most valuable. Your crystal ball distributions did a huge amount for the town, as did your inspections to a lesser extent. Good job getting in touch with Syndril and forming an important alliance.

Syndrilevosse: The Caroler. You acted as Santa's voice very well and while you used your caroling ability on a mafia member and had the town fooled, it sort of did make sense in context. Killing Yoshi021 with your fake gun from MECHDRAGON also proved unfortunate. Your planning skills for the town later in the game proved invaluable in any case. Good job, you almost won it for your team!

Ness-Wednesday: The Penguin. Never used his ability. Why did you never use your ability? It could have been very valuable to your team. Please make sure to participate in the game fully in the future.

TNTtimelord: Creator of the game and a Townsperson. Effectively rage quitted after having a lynch that was honestly pretty badly thought out made against him. Then again, hindsight is 50/50. You should've tried to defend yourself more, getting angry like that is often seen as a mafia member's act of desperation.

witchking666: The Angel. Died early in the game with no good chance to use his ability, but active enough. Thanks for playing.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Re: M33: Christmas is a Few Months Early... Postgame (Player Analysis)

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:48 am

Uhh, Pseudo-Dino, you made a mistake. There was something I could of done to get out of the Crystal Ball by claiming "Miller" and did not think about it soon enough.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Re: M33: Christmas is a Few Months Early... Postgame (Player Analysis)

Postby Cedur » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:53 am

I think we would have lynched you anyway because the chance to catch a Mafioso would still have been 75%.

Return to “Mafia”