M33 - Host Sign-ups (Poll now available!)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

What game do you want to play for Mafia 33?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:35 pm

Peak Oil, 200 Years Too Soon - Pseudo-dino
13%
From Under The Floorboards - Syndrilevosse
13%
The Wizard of Darkness - MosaicMario
6%
Fantastical Decisions - PixelPest
25%
Gensokian Mafia 1 - MECHDRAGON777
6%
Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom - Supershroom
6%
Christmas is a Few Months Early... - TNTtimelord
31%

Total votes: 16
PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Re: M33 - Host Sign-ups

Postby PixelPest » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:11 am

Spinda wrote:I think so, yeah. The Necromancer gets his extra vote later and isn't green but gets an extra ability so it should be alright.
Great. Fixed it up

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:27 am

Spinda wrote:Do the Mushrooms from the Mushroom-selling Toad work like items or like a doc save? Also, does he have to say that he'll eat his mushroom or does it get activated when he gets attacked?
They're a regular doc save, not an item for later use. "Eating the mushroom" is equivalent to "healing yourself", you can do that once but if you're not attacked that night then it's not available anymore.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:37 pm

I noticed only my game and Pseudo's game is not rated yet. I never get to fix mine from when I get mine reviewed due to as soon as they get disapproved, the poll goes up right then. I can never get them fixed in time! I know some games take longer to review then others, but still!

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:56 pm

Obligatory bump. When can we get the poll up?

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:46 pm

Syndrilevosse wrote:Obligatory bump. When can we get the poll up?
Two of the games have not even gotten one of the reviews. (Psuedo's and my own.)

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:11 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Two of the games have not even gotten one of the reviews. (Psuedo's and my own.)
Pseudo can't review his own game. Maybe yours is like so no they were just like nah lol

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:25 pm

PixelPest wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Pseudo can't review his own game. Maybe yours is like so no they were just like nah lol
Spinda did not touch Psuedo's either. if that were the case, they would edit it with a red quote of themselfs.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:29 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: Two of the games have not even gotten one of the reviews. (Psuedo's and my own.)
Spinda did not touch Psuedo's either.
Pseudo-dino wrote:
Spoiler: show
The year is 1855. The setting, the American West. A team of gangsters, commissioned by a time-traveling oil tycoon from the year 2180 named Big Doyle and led by legendary outlaw Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson, has infiltrated the once-peaceful mining town of Gunshot Gulch, Nevada in order to dig up a plentiful source of oil located below the surface. Oil is exceptionally rare in the late 22nd century and Doyle plans to bring the gallons he would dig up back to his own time, where he will sell it for trillions of euros.
The gangsters' only opposition is the 13 innocent townspeople of Gunshot Gulch who are determined to protect their village. Well, that's not totally right. Thankfully, Doyle was followed back in time by a Time Cop who has taken a vow to prevent the timeline from being altered and to stop the villainous oil tycoon at any cost. Unfortunately, he's already failed the first part, what with making his presence known to villagers in 1855 and all. But that's alright; he can still succeed in the second.
Oh yeah, and there's some prospector who wants all the gold in Gunshot Gulch for himself or something too, no matter who he has to kill. The townspeople will have to deal with all this in...

M32+: Peak Oil, 200 Years Too Soon
Format: Roleflip - 18 Players
This is a roleflip game. Since every player is a unique character, their specific role will be identified when they are killed (by default). However, cardflip colors are still included.

The Gangster Squad
Big Doyle: A greedy oil tycoon from the year 2180. He is the diabolical mastermind behind all of this, and can use cloaking technology to alter his appearance to appear blue if no autopsy is performed on him.
Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson: A legendary outlaw in 1850s Nevada. As long as he's alive, he will be able to kill one player on even-numbered nights, thanks to his incredible quick draw.
Black Bill Redford: Named for his ashen face thanks to his work with explosives, Bill can place a bomb on one player each night that is rigged to explode if that player dies; if so the player will cardflip black with no name revealed. The bombs will decay by the next night.
Mr. Skull: 160 years before he joined the ghost pirate crew, Mr. Skull was a gangster in the Old West. He spies on other players and gives them good bones and calcium, and can visit one player each night to eavesdrop on any host PMs they received.
(All members have contact with each other and conspire to kill one player each night.)
Goal: Eliminate the Prospector and equal or outnumber the townspeople.

The Townspeople
Doc Fesstival: The doctor who performs the autopsy on players every morning and night after someone dies. If he dies, the roleflip mechanic will be retired in favor of regular cardflips, since he won't be able to identify the bodies. He can also choose to retire and disable this ability during the night from Night 2 onwards, but this is a permanent decision.
Time Cop: A mysterious time cop from the future who doesn't play by the rules. He's extensively researched the population of Gunshot Gulch and can inspect one player each night to learn that player's cardflip color.
Sheriff Westin: Gunshot's sheriff, who has been set aside in his inspection capabilities by the Time Cop. He's looking to build up a posse to combat the gangsters himself, and can reveal his role to one player each night.
Crazy Carl Williams: If Jonny Peterson is the fastest gun in the west, Carl Williams is the craziest. He can kill one player each night, but will lose this ability for one night if he kills an innocent.
One Horse: The only horse in this town, he can sit on one player each night to prevent that player from being night killed. Obviously, he can't sit on himself.
Eric the Bartender: Has no ability, but cardflips blue if not identified by Doc Fesstival.
Lester the Kid: Regular townsperson
Timmy Claymore: Regular townsperson.
Frank Strange: Regular townsperson.
Vinny, the general store owner: Regular townsperson.
The Texan Smoker: Regular townsperson.
Barney the Carnie: Regular townsperson.
TNT Tyrone: A legendary former mercenary who previously worked with Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson. He has been retired for years, but will appear guilty if not identified by Doc Fesstival.
Goal: Eliminate the gangsters and prospector.

The Prospector
Ol' Ben, the Prospector: A crazed and greedy prospector who is obsessed with taking Gunshot Gulch and its oil for himself. Each night, he can kill one player. He can also protect himself by hiding in a hole if someone tries to kill him, rendering him immune to night kills. People don't think of him as a bad guy normally, so he cardflips green if not identified by Doc Fesstival (revealing his stolen gold).
Goal: Be the last player standing.
Spinda wrote:Looks good.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:38 pm

PixelPest wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
PixelPest wrote: Pseudo can't review his own game. Maybe yours is like so no they were just like nah lol
Spinda did not touch Psuedo's either.
Pseudo-dino wrote:
Spoiler: show
The year is 1855. The setting, the American West. A team of gangsters, commissioned by a time-traveling oil tycoon from the year 2180 named Big Doyle and led by legendary outlaw Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson, has infiltrated the once-peaceful mining town of Gunshot Gulch, Nevada in order to dig up a plentiful source of oil located below the surface. Oil is exceptionally rare in the late 22nd century and Doyle plans to bring the gallons he would dig up back to his own time, where he will sell it for trillions of euros.
The gangsters' only opposition is the 13 innocent townspeople of Gunshot Gulch who are determined to protect their village. Well, that's not totally right. Thankfully, Doyle was followed back in time by a Time Cop who has taken a vow to prevent the timeline from being altered and to stop the villainous oil tycoon at any cost. Unfortunately, he's already failed the first part, what with making his presence known to villagers in 1855 and all. But that's alright; he can still succeed in the second.
Oh yeah, and there's some prospector who wants all the gold in Gunshot Gulch for himself or something too, no matter who he has to kill. The townspeople will have to deal with all this in...

M32+: Peak Oil, 200 Years Too Soon
Format: Roleflip - 18 Players
This is a roleflip game. Since every player is a unique character, their specific role will be identified when they are killed (by default). However, cardflip colors are still included.

The Gangster Squad
Big Doyle: A greedy oil tycoon from the year 2180. He is the diabolical mastermind behind all of this, and can use cloaking technology to alter his appearance to appear blue if no autopsy is performed on him.
Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson: A legendary outlaw in 1850s Nevada. As long as he's alive, he will be able to kill one player on even-numbered nights, thanks to his incredible quick draw.
Black Bill Redford: Named for his ashen face thanks to his work with explosives, Bill can place a bomb on one player each night that is rigged to explode if that player dies; if so the player will cardflip black with no name revealed. The bombs will decay by the next night.
Mr. Skull: 160 years before he joined the ghost pirate crew, Mr. Skull was a gangster in the Old West. He spies on other players and gives them good bones and calcium, and can visit one player each night to eavesdrop on any host PMs they received.
(All members have contact with each other and conspire to kill one player each night.)
Goal: Eliminate the Prospector and equal or outnumber the townspeople.

The Townspeople
Doc Fesstival: The doctor who performs the autopsy on players every morning and night after someone dies. If he dies, the roleflip mechanic will be retired in favor of regular cardflips, since he won't be able to identify the bodies. He can also choose to retire and disable this ability during the night from Night 2 onwards, but this is a permanent decision.
Time Cop: A mysterious time cop from the future who doesn't play by the rules. He's extensively researched the population of Gunshot Gulch and can inspect one player each night to learn that player's cardflip color.
Sheriff Westin: Gunshot's sheriff, who has been set aside in his inspection capabilities by the Time Cop. He's looking to build up a posse to combat the gangsters himself, and can reveal his role to one player each night.
Crazy Carl Williams: If Jonny Peterson is the fastest gun in the west, Carl Williams is the craziest. He can kill one player each night, but will lose this ability for one night if he kills an innocent.
One Horse: The only horse in this town, he can sit on one player each night to prevent that player from being night killed. Obviously, he can't sit on himself.
Eric the Bartender: Has no ability, but cardflips blue if not identified by Doc Fesstival.
Lester the Kid: Regular townsperson
Timmy Claymore: Regular townsperson.
Frank Strange: Regular townsperson.
Vinny, the general store owner: Regular townsperson.
The Texan Smoker: Regular townsperson.
Barney the Carnie: Regular townsperson.
TNT Tyrone: A legendary former mercenary who previously worked with Jonny "The Fastest Gun in the West" Peterson. He has been retired for years, but will appear guilty if not identified by Doc Fesstival.
Goal: Eliminate the gangsters and prospector.

The Prospector
Ol' Ben, the Prospector: A crazed and greedy prospector who is obsessed with taking Gunshot Gulch and its oil for himself. Each night, he can kill one player. He can also protect himself by hiding in a hole if someone tries to kill him, rendering him immune to night kills. People don't think of him as a bad guy normally, so he cardflips green if not identified by Doc Fesstival (revealing his stolen gold).
Goal: Be the last player standing.
Spinda wrote:Looks good.
Either he did it before you posted or I did not see that, sorry. Supershroom still is unreviewed by Pseudo though. (...and is not the point of these host sign ups so we can fix our game to be ready to be allowed?) I never have been able to get my game redesigned from the red message because the poll goes up the second that mine got turned down the last two times.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:31 pm

I just approved both of the games that I hadn't reviewed yet, so here's the poll!

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Re: M33 - Host Sign-ups (Poll now available!)

Postby Cedur » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:33 pm

TNT won. Waiting for the sign-ups and hoping that I don't miss them due to timezones, with 12 players only.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:21 pm

I would like to join as well actually if I am unable to make it.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:32 pm

Oh yep, TNT won! Feel free to post sign-ups whenever you're ready, TNT.

Return to “Mafia”