M30: We are the 70.58% - Postgame (Player Analysis Complete)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: M30: We are the 70.58% - Postgame

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:22 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Doesntpostverymuch wrote:oh my goodness, If pixel had just let us lynch spinda on day 1...
There was no reason to. The claims against Spinda were poorly thought out, so I defended him since there's a greater chance that he would be allied with the Town than with TP or Mafia
Maybe that guy that jumped onto the bandwagon of lynching spinda was onto something from the start.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:35 pm

what you guys shouldve done was kill me while i went inactive, i hope you all realize while i was inactive in the thread I was the most active in pms, i played the inactive thing out. While what i said was true though my cord did break but I have a new one now so Im ready for game 31

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:20 pm

Doesntpostverymuch wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
Doesntpostverymuch wrote:oh my goodness, If pixel had just let us lynch spinda on day 1...
There was no reason to. The claims against Spinda were poorly thought out, so I defended him since there's a greater chance that he would be allied with the Town than with TP or Mafia
Maybe that guy that jumped onto the bandwagon of lynching spinda was onto something from the start.
But he wasn't. He voted for Spinda at the very beginning of Day 1 without any evidence against him whatsoever. It was a bad move, especially from a blue since blues should be careful and not reckless, and it made him look incredibly suspicious. He didn't do too good of a job defending himself either.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:48 am

It wouldn't hurt if every game had the same strategies: Bandwagons and blue alliances. That isn't just what mafia is.

Like sure I'd be happy to host if I ever got elected again but I'm just tired of playing if the only way we get different outcomes is by giving the games different rosters.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:52 am

TNTtimelord wrote:It wouldn't hurt if every game had the same strategies: Bandwagons and blue alliances. That isn't just what mafia is.

Like sure I'd be happy to host if I ever got elected again but I'm just tired of playing if the only way we get different outcomes is by giving the games different rosters.
Is it possible to bandwaggon and to form a blue alliance in a faction game?

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:12 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
TNTtimelord wrote:It wouldn't hurt if every game had the same strategies: Bandwagons and blue alliances. That isn't just what mafia is.

Is it possible to bandwaggon and to form a blue alliance in a faction game?
Bandwagon: yes. If it's a faction, chances are there's a blue alliance already set up by the host.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:45 am

I still wonder why the fuck Nuclear_Blaze lied about being a blue.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:42 am

I mean, blue alliances help a lot. What is so bad about blues being in contact with each other? Yeah it doesn't always work but it's definitely benificial.

About bandwagons, again, it happens. I do agree that this game was way too full of bandwagons though, so I'll give you that. Mafia thought of a player to lynch, and everyone simply followed.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:07 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:

I mean, blue alliances help a lot. What is so bad about blues being in contact with each other? Yeah it doesn't always work but it's definitely benificial.

About bandwagons, again, it happens. I do agree that this game was way too full of bandwagons though, so I'll give you that. Mafia thought of a player to lynch, and everyone simply followed.
All I'm saying is that we should get out of our comfort zone a little and get creative with games so they all don't have the same strategies. I mean honestly, our mafia system literally completes the definition of insanity. We do the same thing every time and we receive different results.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:07 pm

I wonder when psuedo will post the analysis, cause i hardly ever see thise get posted and i like reading what the host thinks about how i played, especially since I was one of the mvps

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:37 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
Zeldamaster12 wrote:

All I'm saying is that we should get out of our comfort zone a little and get creative with games so they all don't have the same strategies. I mean honestly, our mafia system literally completes the definition of insanity. We do the same thing every time and we receive different results.
What about the game I kept supposeing? It is quite different.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:15 pm

Your game is a bit too complex for my liking honestly.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:19 pm

More like too complex for everyones liking, you should really think of a different concept, something not touhou.

Also Pseudo where are the analysis dude?

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:24 pm

Well I know I didn't play well in a first.
I wish I had more time in the game than more time with repeating goods in life, shockingly I feel like I might've been luckier even I ended risking it for the other concerned citizens...
However I'm honestly not a person with bad sportsmanship so good game.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:47 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
Zeldamaster12 wrote:

A lot of the games I design have at least a small twist or original, unique abilities, such as Nuclear Politics

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:57 pm

Player analysis is here!

Ness-Wednesday: Concerned citizen. Not too active, pretty much just jumped on bandwagons. This is normal for new players, but you should still be more active if you return to Mafia in the future! Townsperson activity is important for success.

PixelPest: Concerned citizen. Very active, and he tried to be useful, but he ended up lynching a lot of townies anyways. Had good intentions and a good mindset for Mafia, but it didn't really work out for him so well.

Zeldamaster12: The Rebel Medic. A pretty valuable townsperson who was relatively close to discovering important things, he might have been a bigger help had he not been killed on Night 2. He didn't protect anyone on Night 1 though! He did protect Waddle Derp on Night 2.

RezsurXion: The Propagandist. Extremely valuable member of the mafia who planned a lot of the group's actions. He didn't use his messages very much, or for very important things but the mafia still beat the town in the end so it's not that important. He did a good job of keeping himself hidden all the way to his death.

MECHDRAGON777: The morally bankrupt individual. Big improvement from previous games, MECHDRAGON! In the past, you've often ended up getting yourself lynched, rightfully or not, early on, but here you provided a lot of valuable statistical evidence in the late game. He was lynched for including himself as innocent in those lists, at least partly (which is standard suspicion list behavior, by the way). Good stuff from you in any case.

MosaicMario: Concerned citizen. Active, but ended up jumping on a lot of wrongful bandwagons (and started the lynch on PixelPest). He managed to last until the very last phase, though.

Doesntpostverymuch: Concerned citizen. He actually did post a lot, and had very good activity from the moment he was called in as a backup. Unfortunately, he ended up jumping on a couple of wrongful bandwagons, like much of the town. Still, fairly good showing for a first time Mafia player here.

Spinda: The Military Man. One of the central mafia members, along with RezsurXion, he gained the trust of the town through various modes of deception very skillfully. None of his paintings ended up really mattering, even though his last was technically successful. Still, they made sense at the time and his general performance as a mafia member was great.

PaperPlayerX: The Goodguy Politician. He died on Night 1 (that's the third time that the mafia has killed the sheriff on night 1 in my games, bizarrely) but was pretty active before that. Not a lot to say, since he died so early.

Waddle Derp: The Hippie. He was probably the town's MVP. His ability targetings made a lot of sense, in terms of trying to avoid damage from those who had lynched townies already. He did a pretty good job of putting together a semi blue alliance, and there wasn't much he could do about all the blues who had died early on.

ExKyo: The Dictator. Intentionally laid low in order to avoid suspicion, which eventually caused him to get lynched. He didn't use his ability when requested to by his team either due to reading the PMs too late in the phase, which didn't turn out too well for him in the end. Make sure you pay attention to what's going on even if you're playing the inactive game!

Sanct: The terrorist militant guy. MVP of the whole game, as any winning third party has to be. Even the mafia didn't suspect him until Night 5 or so, which is really impressive and shows how well he was able to hide his identity, just by acting like a townsperson. Things really kicked into high gear when he started killing mafiosos too, which was important for his victory in the late game.

Nien: The Conspiracy Theorist. Gave his identity away too well in his Night 2 message, before even claiming, though it may have been on purpose. I don't really understand why he claimed, there's not really much of a point to that IMO since the role is designed to work in secret and he could've just claimed to Waddle. He was one of the more level headed town members anyways, though.

Bomber57: Concerned citizen. Didn't do much, especially since he didn't realize the game had started until Day 2 or so, which was not entirely his fault since the game started so late. He wasn't that active after dropping in either, though.

Kyo Saito: The Doublespeaker. An effective mafia member, though not quite to the same degree as Spinda and RezsurXion. He didn't fake any votes, although he didn't need to since so many townspeople were being lynched anyways. He did manage to force an insta on Night 1, which was good for his team. Good stuff, though he didn't do much in the early game.

Supershroom: The Commando. Didn't do nearly enough to defend himself on Day 1 - in situations as dire as this, it's usually considered good to claim as a blue even though it's dangerous, especially when the doctor is likely still alive. He didn't really deserve the lynch anyways, in any case.

Nuclear_Blaze: Concerned citizen. Shouldn't have claimed as blue untruthfully, especially in a game where green is guaranteed innocent. Lying about being a blue is almost always a bad idea in any case. Good activity, though - hope to see you, Supershroom, and DPVM back in the future.

These are also added to the first post.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:19 pm

Good job Sanct, you deserve it. We didnt suspect you at all until you gave yourself away killing Ness.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Re: M30: We are the 70.58% - Postgame (Player Analysis Complete)

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:40 am

Who was the Mafia's MVP? Also, I am shocked you did not mean toon me guessing I was the Miller correctly either... Either way, that ks for the kind words...

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:04 am

^
Mafia MVP is probably Spinda, maybe RezsurXion. It's a hard pick.

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:27 am

Honestly, i think we were all fooled by spinda, so i give spinda: THE GOLD MEDAL OF DECEPTION

Return to “Mafia”