Global Moderator Election

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.

Who do you think is the best candidate for a global moderator position?

Poll ended at Thu May 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Blueoak
19%
DarkMatt
10%
GhostHawk
8%
GrätselBüchner
4%
Kley
16%
Magician
8%
Natsu
20%
Pseudo-dino
6%
Raster
3%
Yoshibrothers
6%

Total votes: 115
Yoshibrothers
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: Global Moderator Election

Postby Yoshibrothers » Wed May 21, 2014 9:34 pm

The 2nd poll is moving along nicely. Blueoak has a very wide lead, I wouldn't be surprised if he really did win in the end.

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Wed May 21, 2014 10:54 pm

Voted for Natsu and Pseudo-dino this time, I simply think they'd do best as mods. (Sorry Yoshibrothers, if I could vote for three people, you'd be one of my men as well :()

MECHDRAGON, it's not about good friendships or helping hands here, though it's arguably not completely irrelevant. But the Global Moderator mainly needs to manage the forums, approve posts, lock topics, warn and ban users.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:00 pm

SuperWingedYoshi wrote:Voted for Natsu and Pseudo-dino this time, I simply think they'd do best as mods. (Sorry Yoshibrothers, if I could vote for three people, you'd be one of my men as well :()

MECHDRAGON, it's not about good friendships or helping hands here, though it's arguably not completely irrelevant. But the Global Moderator mainly needs to manage the forums, approve posts, lock topics, warn and ban users.
I still think as303298 deserves the spot though!

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Wed May 21, 2014 11:08 pm

SuperWingedYoshi wrote:Voted for Natsu and Pseudo-dino this time, I simply think they'd do best as mods.
Nice! Appreciate it.

@MECHDRAGON777: He isn't active enough, even if he has no reason to be so. Why do you think he deserves it? Either way, not going to keep on that way.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Wed May 21, 2014 11:09 pm

Still waiting for Blueoak to have a green name.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Wed May 21, 2014 11:09 pm

I appreciate you guys's vote, but you guys voting for me just because one of the few things I did for this community was really dynamite needs to understand that doesn't automatically make me the best mod on the planet.

That's why I don't contribute all that often.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Wed May 21, 2014 11:20 pm

DarkMatt wrote:I appreciate you guys's vote, but you guys voting for me just because one of the few things I did for this community was really dynamite needs to understand that doesn't automatically make me the best mod on the planet.

That's why I don't contribute all that often.
Too late, you're going to be in the Top 5. You have a 25% chance of becoming a moderator, and you can't really back out.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Thu May 22, 2014 12:01 am

I might question the reasons behind my backers, but at least I can do basic math. That's another reason to vote for me.

(20%)

Also damn it I forgot what I wanted to say in the first post.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Thu May 22, 2014 12:47 am

Whoa. Kley got a shit ton of votes fast.

Megar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Megar » Thu May 22, 2014 1:23 am

Kep wrote:Look, guys, no offense to Blueoak and his supporters, but why are you guys even voting for him? I'll be frank, he's not fit for the job and is rather immature and mostly always types with no capitals or punctuation; he's also typically inactive and never does any moderation actions. Let me reiterate in a more simplistic way: I don't mean to offend you, Blueoak, but you should really improve if you are going to become a moderator. For other users on the poll, Knux already explained why DarkMatt shouldn't be promoted. Anyway, I voted for GhostHawk and Magician.
Quite the contrary, I should say. I've already displayed that I can use correct grammar in my posts in this very topic, and I just happen to be a jokey person. Should the situation call for it, I would be more than capable of changing to suit that. I believe that a moderator has to be versatile, and I am just that. Taking note of your claim that I'm typically inactive and I never do any moderator actions... well, I can't agree with that first point when I'm here whenever I can be. The second point is one of the reasons I actually want to be a mod - I intend on proving that I can and will be an efficient moderator unlike the past where it was only rarely I done anything relevant to my position. On that note, I should be revising for my exam today. So ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ VOTE BLUE OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Yoshibrothers
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Yoshibrothers » Thu May 22, 2014 5:46 am

Oh my. Seems that things are over for me(that is, if a miracle were to take place).

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:03 am

Whatever *voted for Blueoak*

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Thu May 22, 2014 7:29 am

Looks like this will be a close race between Blueoak, Kley and Natsu. I didn't expect Kley to get so many votes that fast; when I voted yesterday, Yoshibrothers still belonged to the clear favorites of the members.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:53 am

SuperWingedYoshi wrote:Looks like this will be a close race between Blueoak, Kley and Natsu. I didn't expect Kley to get so many votes that fast; when I voted yesterday, Yoshibrothers still belonged to the clear favorites of the members.
So you want him to get 2 more votes?

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Thu May 22, 2014 8:40 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
SuperWingedYoshi wrote:Looks like this will be a close race between Blueoak, Kley and Natsu. I didn't expect Kley to get so many votes that fast; when I voted yesterday, Yoshibrothers still belonged to the clear favorites of the members.
So you want him to get 2 more votes?
He didn't say anything about that.

Magna DominXus
Spike
Spike

Postby Magna DominXus » Thu May 22, 2014 8:53 am

Why is the poll so jumpy? Anyway, I wanna change my vote but I can't :/

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Thu May 22, 2014 10:06 am

Yoshibrothers wrote:Oh my. Seems that things are over for me(that is, if a miracle were to take place).
As of now you need to get into at least into the top 5, for the staff to decide. It's more luck than a miracle since they can choose anyone with as much or little attention to the vote count as needed.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:57 am

blueoak won again. : )

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Thu May 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Oh yay I voted and pushed Natsu back to first place, alongside Blueoak.
I also voted for Magician but nobody seems to care about him in this election. What a shame.

Magna DominXus
Spike
Spike

Postby Magna DominXus » Thu May 22, 2014 12:37 pm

I voted for GhostHawk but I would've added Natsu, Raster, and some other people, too.

Return to “Events and Announcements”