TGCA Remake Taster: Pleasant Fields

This is the place to post levels that are made just for fun.
HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

TGCA Remake Taster: Pleasant Fields

Postby HeroLinik » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:22 am

So progress on this has been going quite swimmingly, I thought I'd release a little taster for y'all guys, to get you back into the swing of anticipation.

It's the first level for the episode, Pleasant Fields. I originally released screenshots of it back in July, when the project was only getting underway, but it's already been finished, along with a bunch of other levels. I figured that it'd be best I release it so you can have a feel of what the remake will be like. It'll still be true to the original, so don't worry. Here are the (reposted) screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Obligatory Download Link

mariofan 64
Blooper
Blooper

Re: TGCA Remake Taster: Pleasant Fields

Postby mariofan 64 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:00 pm

Seems like a decent level. I'm at a computer, so I can download it, I think. I might even review it. :)
EDIT: MediaFire doesn't work, it keeps refreshing the page. Could you put it as an attachment?
Last edited by mariofan 64 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:03 pm

Since it's a remake I moved it to The Casual.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:12 pm

mariofan 64 wrote:Seems like a decent level. I'm at a computer, so I can download it, I think. I might even review it. :)
EDIT: MediaFire doesn't work, it keeps refreshing the page. Could you put it as an attachment?
Well for me, it does work. However, I can't put up the attachment because I get an error saying something along the lines of "Entity too large".

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Postby zioy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:01 pm

zlakerboy357 wrote:Since it's a remake I moved it to The Casual.
Only identical/almost identical remakes are moved though?

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:32 am

krazykat wrote:
zlakerboy357 wrote:Since it's a remake I moved it to The Casual.
Only identical/almost identical remakes are moved though?
It's true that it's not identical to the original (the base of this level is Easy Road from CC7, rather than the actual Pleasant Fields from TGCA) but it still works like the original Pleasant Fields, as there's still Yoshi, albeit in SMB3 style, and the star is still obtained the same way as in the original. The notable differences are that all the water is swimmable, so if the player falls at the Jump Block part, they can go back and try again, and that there's a second star. This info alone is enough to state that it's more based on the original than be some completely different level altogether. It's just like the fact that the remade version of Winter Kingdom is designed to look like Frozen Hills from CC7 and TGE2, but the overall gameplay is still the same. The only main difference is that the player has to collect Blue Coins instead of mushrooms to get the star, they are easier to find, and instead of using Blue Yoshi, the player uses a Propeller Block to get to the star.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Postby zioy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Yeah, but my level "A Classic Reimagining" didn't get moved, and it was basically this but with SMB1-1 rather than a TGCA level.

Return to “Casual Levels”