CREA - Another Terraria 'Clone'?

This is the place for video games!
XerX
Foo
Foo

CREA - Another Terraria 'Clone'?

Postby XerX » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Crea is an easily moddable, 2D sandbox game with a lighthearted mood, colorful art and RPG elements. Drawing on the pioneers of the sandbox genre such as Minecraft and Terraria, Crea features combat and crafting in attractive, randomly-generated worlds for you to explore, tear apart, build back up, and remake in your own design.

Sandbox World

Crea's procedurally generated worlds means that you never run out of places to explore. Multiple biomes include plains, mountains, desert and the scorched land.

Character Progression

Build your character's stats and skills with RPG-style progression. Customizable characters can learn talents to help them gather, craft, fight and cast magic.

Combat Unique Monsters

Crea is full of strangely cute yet vicious monsters. Slay them to gain valuable materials for crafting.

Mod Support

Fully developed, modding is simple enough for beginners but flexible enough for advanced mods with unique gameplay changes. Mod support has been a focus from the beginning and is now fully developed with the entire game engine exposed to Python, a real scripting language.

So what do you think? Another Terraria 'Clone'? Do you think it has more potential than Terraria? In my opinion, It looks pretty good, not really a fan of the character sprites, but that aside I think it might make it alongside Terraria and Starbound. The RPG elements kinda hooked my attention, but everything seems the same as the other 2D Sandbox games.
Last edited by XerX on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Re: CREA - Another Terraria 'Clone'?

Postby FanofSMBX » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:50 pm

The ninja in the logo looks EXACTLY like Ignoritus in ToB5's final boss fight

Bryan
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Bryan » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:57 pm

Hm... judging from that video it seems that there is inspiration taken from Terraria and maybe Minecraft, some of the graphics in the trailer are very similar to the ones in Terraria. Hopefully it doesn't become a Terraria-replica. Well, hopefully the game will do as good as Terraria has done. Judging from that trailer, the game seems pretty interesting. I like the Mod Support, you can customize your gameplay, which is a plus for a game.

Star

Postby Star » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Yeah. It's just like Terraria AND Minecraft itself.
Because Minecraft you can add Mods similar to the CREA and Terraria you can't. (I Think)
This oddly reminds me of that game called CubeWorld. Only 2D.

Umm...Off-Topic Question. Am i the only one who gets Ice-Cream trucks promotion videos after that? -_-

FallingSnow
Nipper
Nipper

Postby FallingSnow » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:58 am

Terraria can be modded. It's just more difficult that Minecraft if I recall.

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Murphmario » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:39 pm

FallingSnow is right, Terraria can be modded.

On topic: I'm not really interested in the game.

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:46 pm

FallingSnow wrote:Terraria can be modded. It's just more difficult that Minecraft if I recall.
Er, yeah, since MC is written in Java (the UI might be written in a scripting language so I'm not sure), it's way easier to mod than Terraria, which is written in .NET and only runs on a windows environment.

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Looks more like starbound than terraria

Return to “Video Games”