fastfall.lua - Regrabs, now in SMBX! [2.0.0]

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
MrNameless
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: vidio gaem

fastfall.lua - Regrabs, now in SMBX! [2.0.0]

Postby MrNameless » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:21 am

Hey there!

Here's a library that is made to recreate Super Mario World's mechanic where you have the ability to fall slower/faster depending on whether you are pressing either jump buttons!

You can also configure the library with the following:
CONFIG SETTINGS: show
- A configurable speed multiplier to set how FAST you are when fastfalling.
- A configurable speedcap to set the maximum speed possible when slowfalling.
- A toggle for if you even want a speedcap for slowfalling in the first place.

HOW TO IMPLEMENT: show
1. Install the file in the link below then copy & paste it to the level/episode folder of your choice.
2. In that level/episode's "luna.lua" file, copy & paste this line below on the top part of said "luna.lua" file:

Code: Select all

fastfall = require("fastfall") 
3. Save the "luna.lua" file then open up the level/episode & enjoy!

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NKkq_2 ... sp=sharing

Last edited by MrNameless on Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MrNameless
Swooper
Swooper

Re: fastfall.lua (2.0.0) - Regrabs, now in SMBX!

Postby MrNameless » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:36 pm

Hey there again! I updated/overhauled this library for 2.0.0 just recently
With a brand new method of handling the fallspeed via a speed multiplier instead of using Defines.player_grav!
The update also now provides 2-player support for the library aswell!

Just_Thomas
Spike
Spike
Pronouns: he/him

Re: fastfall.lua - Regrabs, now in SMBX! [2.0.0]

Postby Just_Thomas » Wed May 01, 2024 10:32 am

MrNameless wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:21 am
When I look at your code, it somehow looks as if it is still relatively easy to achieve* ALWAYS "fast fall" - even without pressing a button. Is that correct? Could you add a bool for that? Working with other settings than the default "Define" settings for Defines.player_grav or Defines.jumpheight is for SMB like projects pretty much useless, as you can not either jump high enough or or not far enough.

So your script could be even more useful with such addition. What do you think? So it is about the player mostly.

---
* = So please don't misunderstand that I'm talking badly about your work or something. Rather the contrary, the structure looks as if it could be integrated. Just want to make sure that this is understood correctly.

MrNameless
Swooper
Swooper

Postby MrNameless » Thu May 02, 2024 7:29 am

Just_Thomas wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:32 am
MrNameless wrote:
When I look at your code, it somehow looks as if it is still relatively easy to achieve* ALWAYS "fast fall" - even without pressing a button. Is that correct? Could you add a bool for that? Working with other settings than the default "Define" settings for Defines.player_grav or Defines.jumpheight is for SMB like projects pretty much useless, as you can not either jump high enough or or not far enough.

So your script could be even more useful with such addition. What do you think? So it is about the player mostly.

---
* = So please don't misunderstand that I'm talking badly about your work or something. Rather the contrary, the structure looks as if it could be integrated. Just want to make sure that this is understood correctly.
I personally think the script doesn't really need the option to have perma-fastfall as the whole point of it is to have an ability to swap between falling slowly & quickly to allow unique jumps that require a mix of both of them.
Which at that point, you might aswell just not install fastfall at all & just let the player fall faster within your luna.lua script which you can easily do.

Just_Thomas
Spike
Spike
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Just_Thomas » Fri May 03, 2024 2:59 am

MrNameless wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 7:29 am
Just_Thomas wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:32 am
MrNameless wrote:

---
I personally think the script doesn't really need the option to have perma-fastfall as the whole point of it is to have an ability to swap between falling slowly & quickly to allow unique jumps that require a mix of both of them.
Which at that point, you might aswell just not install fastfall at all & just let the player fall faster within your luna.lua script which you can easily do.
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that.
I'm only just able to understand the code from reading it - if it's not too complicated - and create the simplest things.
I just saw in your case that it might make sense to extend the possible uses of your work.
But that's OK, it's your project and logically you don't have to go into everything. Everything is fine. (:

So if I talk about scripting here and there and throw a few terms into the room, it doesn't mean that I have much of a clue, but rather very often less than half-knowledge.

Return to “LunaLua”