Mini Mario Mayhem! + Off to the Races! | "The Epic Quest" Scrapped Levels

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Unknown68D
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: Mindfulness
Pronouns: he/him

Mini Mario Mayhem! + Off to the Races! | "The Epic Quest" Scrapped Levels

Postby Unknown68D » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:13 pm

After completing my first SMBX Episode titled "The Epic Quest" (Check it out HERE: viewtopic.php?p=375079#wrap), I thought about creating one last expansion update similar in concept to SMW's Special World, a second set of post-game levels after my episode's equivalent of Star Road (Aka World 9). I created two levels for it, but have since not been motivated to create any others. After years of on-and-off dormancy + contemplation, I've decided to ultimately scrap the expansion and just release the two levels in one standalone post. Both levels also have 5 Star Coins to collect if you're up for the challenge!

DOWNLOAD THE TWO LEVELS HERE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1StmUM9 ... sp=sharing

Mini Mario Mayhem!

This level takes inspiration from the later games in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, where you control Mini Mario toys and guide them to the end of various levels by shaping the environment as they march forward! SMBX2 has a diverse variety of obstacles and mechanisms to play with, each of which is explained in a tutorial room canonically created by none other than Challenger Toad! He'll explain the rest of the in-level mechanics to you.

Technical know-how of SMBX2's mechanics as well as understanding the layout of the level is crucial for completing the level! There are various doors, clear pipes, and rails that connect everything, so it's recommended you explore before you work with the Mini Marios. You can't die and they spawn infinitely, so there's no need to worry about losing progress!

Go forth and become the Mini Mario Master!

Screenshots
Spoiler: show
Level Showcase/Verification Video

Off to the Races!

This level takes inspiration from the Boss Races in the Diddy Kong Racing franchise, as well as the Koopa The Quick races in Super Mario 64! Take on Koopa The Quick, his mentor: Derek the Dashing Dino Rhino, and Bowser in three action-packed races back-to-back! Learn the layout of each section and find the groove that works best for you as you progress!

Godspeed, fellow speedster!

Screenshots
Spoiler: show
Level Showcase/Verification Video

Return to “Levels”