[Powerup] Cape Feather

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
SuperAlex
Snifit
Snifit

Re: [Powerup] Cape Feather

Postby SuperAlex » Thu May 27, 2021 10:40 pm

SPEEDIE wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:19 am
Is it normal that if I hit a ? block containing a SMB3 Fire flower, I get an error? If I click OK, the cape keeps working and I can collect the fire flower. This is really annoying..

I also get that same error and the deformation of the cape, mario.
Someday Enjl may update "anotherpowerup (2) .lua"

IronDragon
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: he/him

Postby IronDragon » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:27 pm

So I got the Powerup and downloaded it but the problem is I can't find in it in the Tileset Box

Is there a way to fix this. I did check Custom Tab but nothing is there for the Cape Powerup
Last edited by IronDragon on Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FutureNyanCat
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Species: Felis robotus
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FutureNyanCat » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:43 am

Assuming you put the Cape Feather assets in your level folder, it turns out there's another problem - the Cape Feather doesn't have an assigned PGE tileset for it. There's a way to make one in the PGE editor, by going to the Custom Tab for tilesets and clicking "New Tileset", selecting NPC as the type of tileset, ticking Show Custom only, and grabbing the Cape Feather from there and putting it in your tileset, then pressing Save. Should this be successfully done, the Cape Feather should be in the tilesets tab now.

IronDragon
Goomba
Goomba

Postby IronDragon » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:52 pm

yep it found it now thx so much homie

FutureNyanCat
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Species: Felis robotus
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FutureNyanCat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:51 pm

I found some pretty crazy bugs here, Toad cannot easily get off the ground sometimes until you duck:
Spoiler: show

RadMetalMarioSMIX
Bit
Bit
Flair: What kind of grave is this?

Postby RadMetalMarioSMIX » Sun May 01, 2022 2:18 pm

So I've discovered a few issues with this pertaining to graphical visibility:
Spoiler: show

When Mario or Luigi while ducking they’re a block higher than they should be, this also happens when uprooting vegetables with the bros Peach and Toad are fine except when you pause for the test menu they’re 1 or 2 blocks away diagonally from where they should be. (Sorry, for some reason I didn’t realize I didn’t say anything for this til now.)

The Talented Animator
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: I make cool stuf

Postby The Talented Animator » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:35 am

When I added the Cape Feather my Reserve Box treated every power up like infinite item generator.

$h31d0nc00p3rfan
Rex
Rex

Postby $h31d0nc00p3rfan » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:42 pm

MrDoubleA
Flurry
Flurry
Flair: How much munchers?

Postby MrDoubleA » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:21 am

$h31d0nc00p3rfan wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:42 pm

Looks like you either don't have the sound files or you have them in the wrong place.

Just_Thomas
Spike
Spike

Postby Just_Thomas » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:10 am

mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:55 am
$h31d0nc00p3rfan wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:55 am
I'll definitely need this to implement Cape Feather power-up.
Do note that and anotherpowerup is ridiculously buggy, specifically with the item box and Link. It will also revert to the ice flower when a level is complete.
I know, this is not related to YOUR project, but instead to the base (anotherpowerup) of your ones, but ... well: As long as this has not been solved, the item can not be really used to it`s full potential, which is a shame.

I experienced this mentioned issue with the superball flower npc, which of course has the same script base and version as your one, I suppose.
The versions in the super mario land pack and the script base example files of anotherpowerup were mostly identical.

Hopefully this CAN be solved in the first place, I mean I do not know if it worked in the past with an previous build of SMBX or if the current one has bugs which makes it impossible to implement fully working new powerups?! I really do not know at all. I can only guess, several people might be required to solve this issue as a whole.

Ibaka
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: Nothing

Postby Ibaka » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:36 am

Does it work like it does in the original SMW? — does it control the same?

Just_Thomas
Spike
Spike

Postby Just_Thomas » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:49 am

Ibaka wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:36 am
Does it work like it does in the original SMW? — does it control the same?
I think you can answer this question yourself, if you make a simple testmap
(I barely played SMW and I am sh*t with that powerup)

Just download "Cape Feather", and this: viewtopic.php?t=25474&sid=dcf3a19355df4 ... 2ddb1d3b48
If you have problems to make it work then (feather does not work), copy that in your luna lua file:

Code: Select all

local ap = require("anotherpowerup")
ap.registerItemTier(851, true)
ap.registerPowerup("ap_cape")

mariobrigade2018
Spike
Spike
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:59 pm

Just_Thomas wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:10 am
mariobrigade2018 wrote:
$h31d0nc00p3rfan wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:55 am
I'll definitely need this to implement Cape Feather power-up.
Do note that and anotherpowerup is ridiculously buggy, specifically with the item box and Link. It will also revert to the ice flower when a level is complete.
I know, this is not related to YOUR project, but instead to the base (anotherpowerup) of your ones, but ... well: As long as this has not been solved, the item can not be really used to it`s full potential, which is a shame.

I experienced this mentioned issue with the superball flower npc, which of course has the same script base and version as your one, I suppose.
The versions in the super mario land pack and the script base example files of anotherpowerup were mostly identical.

Hopefully this CAN be solved in the first place, I mean I do not know if it worked in the past with an previous build of SMBX or if the current one has bugs which makes it impossible to implement fully working new powerups?! I really do not know at all. I can only guess, several people might be required to solve this issue as a whole.
viewtopic.php?t=29435

Just_Thomas
Spike
Spike

Postby Just_Thomas » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:33 am

mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:59 pm
Just_Thomas wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:10 am
mariobrigade2018 wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=29435
Thanks for the reminder, but I already switched to this framework. I mean I posted in that thread :mrgreen:
So I have definitely taken note of it. At the time of this post here I think Marioman2007 did not publish his project yet.
Just_Thomas wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:19 am
Marioman2007 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:44 am
I would like to know for possible future projects: Were you also able to fix the "custom powerup returns as ice flower in reserve box in next level" bug?
I do not know, if the question
Does the reserve box work?
did cover this as well.

And did I get that right, it is kind of a superior version of Emrals one?

However: Great stuff as usual. Still feel like most people around here enjoy coding and creating npcs more than level design. That is almost a luxury problem.

BTW: Can somebody tell me how to use this item in the first place? Before you guys are wondering, I can not use it in SMW either. And youtube Tutorials are designed for SMW in mind of course. I am using it for a level but so far it is only an easter egg since I can not really design a level around it.

$h31d0nc00p3rfan
Rex
Rex

Postby $h31d0nc00p3rfan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:58 pm

Well, here's my issue with it:
I'm using CodeX's SMB3-SMW Mario graphics for this, but when I grab a Fire or Ice Flower, this happens. Strangely, Raccoon/Tanooki/Hammer Mario are unaffected by this...

And yes, I do have the appropriate SMB3-SMW Fire/Ice Mario sprites in my level's folder along with the rest of them.

I have trouble finding the words to explain this.

mariobrigade2018
Spike
Spike
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:15 pm

$h31d0nc00p3rfan wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:58 pm
Well, here's my issue with it:
I'm using CodeX's SMB3-SMW Mario graphics for this, but when I grab a Fire or Ice Flower, this happens. Strangely, Raccoon/Tanooki/Hammer Mario are unaffected by this...

And yes, I do have the appropriate SMB3-SMW Fire/Ice Mario sprites in my level's folder along with the rest of them.

I have trouble finding the words to explain this.
Yeah, that’s a problem with both anotherpowerup and custompowerup. Not much can be done about that, unfortunately, but Marioman2007, the creator of custompowerup, is working on a fix for it.

Return to “LunaLua”