[NPC Pack / Library] Extended Koopas (v1.1.1) - More and more accurate koopas!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Re: [NPC Pack / Library] Extended Koopas (v1.1.1) - More and more accurate koopas!

Postby Emral » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:29 am

TheGameyFireBro105 wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:03 am
MrDoubleA wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:46 pm
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:49 pm
Also, could you maybe also do Big Koopas, as well? They're just as inaccurate as their smaller brethren. I also think making Big variants for the other styles would be a great move. You might also want to check out the Bombshell Koopa, just in case.
If you really want big koopas, you can literally just slightly edit the lua file and add a few txt files. And in terms of the big koopas, pretty much the only thing they share with regular koopas is walking and turning into something else when hit. Why would they be a part of this?
Because Big Buzzy Beetles were innitially going to be in SMW, and Big Green SMB3 Koopas are in the basegame. The fact that I can flip a normal Koopa upside-down, but not a Big one is kinda wierd, ngl.

Having an additional set of large SMB3 and SMW foes (possibly SMB1 and SMB2, as well) would allow someone such as myself to have an enemy that behaves like a SMB3 Red Koopa, but also have vanilla-sprited SMB3 Red Koopas in the same level. Also, it would save space in a hypothetical SMW Beta enemies NPC Pack. The Big Buzzy Beetle would be here, instead of with the somewhat random assortment of foes that a Beta Enemies pack would entail.

https://tcrf.net/Development:Super_Mari ... zy_Beetle
Well, you're in luck, because like MDA said in the message you replied to, you can get large koopas by making slight alterations to the existing files.

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: Good at remakes
Pronouns: he/him

Re: [NPC Pack / Library] Extended Koopas (v1.1.1) - More and more accurate koopas!

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:40 am

But... CONSISTANCY πŸ˜”.

Also, Beta Enemies!

MrDoubleA
Flurry
Flurry
Flair: How much munchers?

Postby MrDoubleA » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:14 pm

Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:40 am
But... CONSISTANCY πŸ˜”.

Also, Beta Enemies!
I am not adding anymore, at least at your request. Please stop begging me for these. You can literally copy and paste these.

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:34 pm

Be warned. I may not ask anymore, but that doesn't mean that I won't be the only one to.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:13 am

"Be warned" Okay that is like a threat now, just accept that begging won't do anything good Geeze!
DoubleA and Enjl even told you a bit of how to do this by yourself and yet you refuse the advice at all.

Luna
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Cuteness overload <3
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Luna » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:28 pm

What do you expect? Most of your posts consist of you begging for graphics or scripts and if people don't want to follow your specific requests, you get angry (for example, 'so noone wants Bowser's Fury then' when people didn't immediately start making scripts based on Bowser's Fury). And if you start making threats, that won't help you either.

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:25 am

Idunn wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:13 am
"Be warned" Okay that is like a threat now, just accept that begging won't do anything good Geeze!
DoubleA and Enjl even told you a bit of how to do this by yourself and yet you refuse the advice at all.
Wasn't meaning it to be a threat. I was just saying that you shouldn't get antsy if someone else also asks the same question.

Chilly14
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: wash your hands and stay at home

Postby Chilly14 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:43 pm

Hey, I just wanna point out that the custom shells (as in the shell NPCs with .ini files) cannot be made to start spinning in the editor unlike basegame shells.

Hammerless Penguin
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Just kicking that kirby to the curb!

Postby Hammerless Penguin » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Blue beach koopas come to a halt when a shell is tossed at them on slopes unlike the default beach koopa.

New at the top and original on the bottom.

MrDoubleA
Flurry
Flurry

Postby MrDoubleA » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:17 pm

Hammerless Penguin wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:18 pm
Blue beach koopas come to a halt when a shell is tossed at them on slopes unlike the default beach koopa.

New at the top and original on the bottom.
They're not meant to be identical.

Mushroom King
Blooper
Blooper

Postby Mushroom King » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:45 pm

By halt, he doesn't mean the koopa take a moment before kicking back the shell. It doesn't move anymore and don't throw the shell even if we can hear the kicking noise, but in reality nothing happens.

MrDoubleA
Flurry
Flurry

Postby MrDoubleA » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:00 am

Mushroom King wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:45 pm
By halt, he doesn't mean the koopa take a moment before kicking back the shell. It doesn't move anymore and don't throw the shell even if we can hear the kicking noise, but in reality nothing happens.
Ah okay, somehow I missed that in the gif. Yeah I should fix that.

Mushroom King
Blooper
Blooper

Postby Mushroom King » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:58 pm

Another thing still lacking, it's about yellow beach koopas.
Yellow Koopas without Shells will attempt to jump into any nearby shell; this also allows them to dodge shells thrown at them.
They're indeed able to jump over any shell as long as it is launched in front of the koopa and is sliding on the ground.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Multiversal Traveller/Prismverse's God of Creation

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:51 am

I have a bug report about this library. When I attack the koopas from below, SMBX crashes for some reason. Why does this happen?

Mal8rk
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: English Speaking Spanish Speaker
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Mal8rk » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:22 pm

Hey so I have 1 problem, specifically with spinies

If I stomp on them them from a certain angle (tightly close to their left or tightly close to their right), then they will act like a regular koopa and turn into a spiny shell, instead of just hurting me when stepped on

mariobrigade2018
Spike
Spike
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:50 pm

Uh-oh, I'm posting to an old forum post. Please don't kill me medieval style.

Is there a way to make other enemies have the extended koopas function? Example being making upside down buzzy and bombshell koopas have these functions. If so, how would I do that?

mariobrigade2018
Spike
Spike

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:01 am

I discovered that Yoshi won’t spit out the shells in its spinning form:

Is this intentional? If not, how can I fix this?

mariobrigade2018
Spike
Spike

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:59 pm

Bug/oversight?

The SMB1 Spiny (id 612) isn't registered as a default Koopa, causing this to happen:

Before registering.

After registering.

Edit: what the heck happened to the gifs?
Last edited by mariobrigade2018 on Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarioChallengerX2
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby MarioChallengerX2 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:45 pm

mariobrigade2018 wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:59 pm
Bug/oversight?

The SMB1 Spiny (id 612) isn't registered as a default Koopa, causing this to happen:

Before registering.

After registering.
The gifs don't look too different.

Also, I'm certain that the reason why it's not registered as a default koopa is because the SMB1 Spiny was added in Beta 5 and it didn't exist back then to be registered by default.

mariobrigade2018
Spike
Spike

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:02 pm

MarioChallengerX2 wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:45 pm
mariobrigade2018 wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:59 pm
Bug/oversight?

Before registering.

After registering.
The gifs don't look too different.

Also, I'm certain that the reason why it's not registered as a default koopa is because the SMB1 Spiny was added in Beta 5 and it didn't exist back then to be registered by default.
The SMB1 Spiny was in b4, the same time that this was made, so that isn’t a valid reason for that to not be registered. The main difference in the two gifs was that one has the SMW Koopa turn and the speed difference.

Return to β€œLunaLua”