Super Mario Destiny

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
SBells27
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Working on a new project right now.

Super Mario Destiny

Postby SBells27 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:59 pm

Version of the project: 2.0 (SMBX2)

Hey everyone. So this forum post is going to be about my third episode that i'm currently working on. I have it planned to release it at the end of 2020. Right now this episode has no name but the name of the forum post will eventually get changed when I get to decide a name of the episode. I'm planning this project to be a complete departure from my previous two episodes, which being the Super Mario 100 series. For those who have not heard of the series, they were episodes built on the traditional gameplay style (aka world map, linear levels, etc). For both of those, you were require to collect 100 stars in each episode. The first episode had 70 levels, with a star at the end of every level and some secret stars in some levels and the sequel with 100 levels with a star at the end of each but without the secret stars. What is it going to be about?

Gameplay: This project is not focused on a traditional world map style nor uses a hub world in a similar style of open world 3D mario games. While the levels are generally a lot more open and less linear, the player continues the episode by completing the world/level they're in. It's planned to have 20 big stages, each with their specific theme. Does it mean the episode is short? no. The stages have multiple sections. Because of that, each stage is going to have multiple checkpoints. As an example, it follows a similar gameplay structure to a game franchise like Uncharted, except with the casual mario level design mechanics. This project is also going to introduce new gameplay styles as well, the main one being F.L.U.D.D.

Story: So far I still haven't planned a concrete story yet. However, I can confirm that there are going to be a lot of cutscenes in between stages and that the episode will focus on a different storyline than the casual Mario saving the princess story type.

I'll be posting more info in this forum and on my discord server when I get to progress more in the episode. I'll also be eventually posting trailers as well.
Last edited by SBells27 on Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Re: Untitled SMBX Project

Postby Emral » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:09 am

Ohh, you have a FLUDD script for SMBX2? Are you going to post it on the forums in the future? Or is there one already that I somehow overlooked?

SBells27
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby SBells27 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:01 am

Enjl wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:09 am
Ohh, you have a FLUDD script for SMBX2? Are you going to post it on the forums in the future? Or is there one already that I somehow overlooked?
No, it's a FLUDD script. And yeah I'll post it in the future.

SBells27
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby SBells27 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:58 am

Hey everyone. This is mainly a request. So I'm looking for someone to help me making a FLUDD script for this project (Only the hover nozzle). Can anyone help me?

I'll make sure to credit the person when the episode gets finished.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Tue May 19, 2020 11:00 am

Huh? From the previous posts, I had the impression that you successfully created a FLUDD script yourself?

SBells27
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby SBells27 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:38 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:00 am
Huh? From the previous posts, I had the impression that you successfully created a FLUDD script yourself?
Yeah I don't have one.

SBells27
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby SBells27 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:14 pm

Just came to say I'm postponing the project to summer of 2021. I actually haven't been working on it much, since I've been busy with other things, but I'm hoping to actually start working on the episode soon.

SBells27
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby SBells27 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:46 pm

Teaser trailer for this upcoming project. Good news is I've finally been able to work on it this year and I can get it finished during the fall. Might be the last SMBX episode I'll be working on as well.

SBells27
Hoopster
Hoopster

Re: Shaded Destiny

Postby SBells27 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:52 pm

Official Trailer! Yes this project is not dead, hopefully I can comply with the release date this time around lol, I'm like 98% done with it.

willizika96
Spiny
Spiny

Re: Super Mario Destiny

Postby willizika96 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:12 pm

Very interesting project! I really appreciate the "2D open world" level format. Besides, I like your idea of mixing it with the traditional linear progression instead of the HUB world format. Watched the trailer and got very hyped!

Return to “Projects”