[SMBX2] Super Mario: Search for the Shine Shards

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
3lectronstar024
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Yo. I love to create stuff and inspire others.
Pronouns: He/They

[SMBX2] Super Mario: Search for the Shine Shards

Postby 3lectronstar024 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:01 pm

Welcome to the official thread of my SMBX project, Super Mario: Search for the Shine Shards! It is a sequel to my previous episode, Mario and the Missing Shine Sprites, being developed by me. It takes inspiration by various beloved fangames like Super Mario 63 and its sequel Super Mario 127, Super Mario All Star Attack, as well as SMW rom hacks like New Super Mario World 1 The Twelve Magic Orbs. This project features levels with fun and challenging gimmicks to play, as well as more secrets to find. Explore all 8 worlds (including a special world after beating all worlds) and collect all 8 Shine Shards to restore the Shine Sprites, help repair Princess Peach's castle, and stop the Emperor from conquering her kingdom even further! It also contains new moves, more power ups, interesting and fun new characters as well as familiar faces, new collectables, a 3 HP life system, new playables, fun minigames, and more!

Super Mario: Search for the Shine Shards is currently being made in SMBX2 Beta 5 (previously Beta 4), using extended basegame content, custom Lunalua elements, and custom NPC packs by various people. It uses new custom sprites to make this project more new and polished from MATMSS!

STORY:

After rescuing Princess Peach from Bowser once again, she attended a Shine Sprite festival at her castle that is going to be celebrated tonight. Mario and Luigi were invited to her festival from their heroic actions, feeling delighted as they went on their way. All of a sudden, the Mushroom Kingdom was under attack once again not by Bowser this time, but by a mysterious villain, and his henchmen. They started conquering the princess's kingdom, by smashing the Shine Sprites into pieces with the Emperor's powerful staff, causing her castle to lose power and collapse. After the Emperor blasted the terrain, with Mario, Princess Peach, the Toads, and her demolished castle into space, Rosalina and her Lumas helped organize the princess's remaining layers of her castle and protect her citizens. Now it is up to Mario to save the kingdom again and collect all of the Shine Shards to restore every Shine Sprite, and this time, Peach decided to come along with Mario on his journey as well to help her own kingdom and stop the Emperor from conquering it any further.

FEATURES:

• A new and original story that isn't a same old Bowser kidnapping Peach plot.
• Levels that mainly focuses on SMB3 and SMW game styles! (other styles with either SMB3 or SMW color palettes are acceptable too)
• Two main playables! Since Mario will not be the only one you can play at the start of the game, Princess Peach will be a new option!
• There will be a total of 8 worlds (including the special world after completing all main worlds) with a maximum of 6, 7, or 8 levels.
• Music from Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Galaxy, NewerTeam, SMWCentral, Kirby, and more!
• A new villain with his own henchmen taking the role of being main villains of the story
• Secret courses returning in two different forms (secret courses from SM63 and SMS).
• A new secret collectable found in secret courses called the Crystal Heart, which unlocks some doors with rewards in Princess Peach's castle.
• Switch Palaces will be found in secret course sections in one of the main world's levels.
• Power Gems (replacing Star Coins) come in different colors in each world, like the Power Moons in Mario Odyssey.
• 3 HP Life System
• Contains more power ups (Boomerang Flower, Bubble Flower, Cape Feather, etc.)
• Mystery Box challenges!
• And more!

SCREENSHOTS:
Warning: The screens are not the final and may be subject to change!
Spoiler: show
VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show
Coming soon!
DISCORD:
Looking forward to seeing more development progress of this project? Check out the Shine Sprite Saga discord server (including my episode Mario and the Missing Shine Sprites)!
Shine Sprite Saga DISCORD

SUPPORT THE PROJECT
If you support this project, feel free to put this in your signature!

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=400474#p400474][img]https://i.imgur.com/nRcib1o.png[/img][/url]

Just_Thomas
Snifit
Snifit
Pronouns: he/him

Re: [SMBX2] Super Mario: Search for the Shine Shards

Postby Just_Thomas » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:49 pm

VERY impressive. I only checked the screenshots so far. I have not expected it to look THAT good. I don't want to know how long this has been in development. It must be a really long time.

Return to “Projects”