Super Mario Bros. 2024

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
vitzie629
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: I have greatly made levels!
Pronouns: he/him

Super Mario Bros. 2024

Postby vitzie629 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:16 pm

Super Mario Bros. 2024 is an episode with the Super Mario Bros. 3 (SMB3) theme for the majority, with music from New Super Mario Bros. DS (NSMBDS), New Super Mario Bros. Wii (NSMBW), The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Mario Kart: Double Dash, and more. This episode includes walljumping, ground pounding, the SMB3 power-up system, warp transitions, and more LunaLua functionalities, and there are custom NPCs with NPC packs made with LunaLua also. This episode features eight main worlds from "Grassy Land" (World 1) to "Bowser's Dark Land" (World 8), and there is also a special world 9 included in the episode which is called "Super Special Bonus". However, for world 9, it can be unlocked only if you have collected ten collectable stars, and the collectable stars in the episode unlock secret levels in worlds 1 to 7. The eighth world is the only world not to feature secret levels and the only real secret is unlocking a path to the special ninth world.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
World Map
Levels from World 1 to 9
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Download link for the episode (v1.2):
Version 1.2 adds a new starting hub which features a character selection and an item room where you can choose a super mushroom, fire flower, or super leaf before you start the game. Also, the playable characters graphics have been updated where Mario and Luigi now wear white gloves and both Peach and Toad have SMB3 styled GFX!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11sD103 ... drive_link
Because this episode provides LunaLua functions, you will need to use the latest beta version of SMBX2 to play this episode!

Enjoy Super Mario Bros. 2024 and Happy Holidays to all of the SMBX fans out there!
Last edited by vitzie629 on Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

vitzie629
Hoopster
Hoopster

Re: Super Mario Bros. 2024

Postby vitzie629 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:02 pm

Version 1.1 of this episode is now available for download where there has been some bug fixes such as the checkpoints with the fortresses and Bowser's castle cutscenes, and a minor glitch in world 1-2 for the misplaced blocks in one section, along with redesigns for some levels. For the four switch palaces, all of them have been redesigned with more modern challenges and no longer provides the same layout as the SMW colored switch palaces!

vitzie629
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby vitzie629 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:03 pm

Version 1.1.5 is now available for download and it involves minor changes to the episode, which there are not any major changes made for this version.

GreenDemon
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: smbx is cool
Pronouns: he/him - autistic

Postby GreenDemon » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:33 am

It's WAY too easy. There's literally no challenge, powerups are everywhere, and Star Coins and secret exits aren't even hidden and are instead just lying around. Please increase the difficulty.

GreenDemon
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: smbx is cool
Pronouns: he/him - autistic

Postby GreenDemon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:55 am

I mean this in the nicest way possible: This is laughably easy because powerups, star coins, and secret exits are littered everywhere. I got to world 3 without dying once because this episode is extremely easy.

2Schoolhouse
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: Koopas walk on all fours and have two legs.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them

Postby 2Schoolhouse » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:25 pm

GreenDemon wrote: I mean this in the nicest way possible: This is laughably easy because powerups, star coins, and secret exits are littered everywhere. I got to world 3 without dying once because this episode is extremely easy.
I must admit, I do have to agree with what GreenDemon said. However, as someone who likes to find secret exits in Mario games, I feel like the secret exits just don't appear much at all. Also, the Mushroom Houses are just portable versions of the starting area in a sense, so I'd probably replace them with little "checkpoint stops" so you can have some rest before continuing the game. Still, this episode is really good at showing what LunaLua is capable of, and the level design is fun as well.

JOSECITO
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: he

Postby JOSECITO » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:25 am

Great I haven't played it yet but it's going to be epic
Last edited by JOSECITO on Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

BNG SMBX
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby BNG SMBX » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:24 am

I can't ground pound for some reason. I'm pressing the Down Arrow key after jumping, but it only makes Mario crouch in midair. :?:

Return to “Episodes”