Verdant Way: A Tribute to World 1-1

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
$h31d0nc00p3rfan
Rex
Rex

Verdant Way: A Tribute to World 1-1

Postby $h31d0nc00p3rfan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:51 pm

So... I'm actually really nervous.

This is my first level submission. Ever.

It's intended to be a tribute to various World 1-1s, mainly of the SMAS+SMW era.

Feel free to use any of the graphics in this pack for any levels of your own.

UPDATE (2/23/24): Added a "Readme Credits" to the file pack, giving credit where it's due.

UPDATE (4/1/24): Updated graphics, and updated the .zip accordingly in Drive, the link should still work.

Hope the link works...

Last edited by $h31d0nc00p3rfan on Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Just_Thomas
Snifit
Snifit
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Verdant Way: A Tribute to World 1-1

Postby Just_Thomas » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:59 pm

I think you did well. I recognize almost all references, even SML1. Great! Sprites also look good and the mix looks coherent.
Instead of simply remixing 1-1, this is a much better idea. I would have expected it from Big N.
The sprites are all yours? I've probably only seen similar-looking ones somewhere, sometime. I don't see myself responsible for checking credits or anything like that. Anyway, I would still generally advise you to add some kind of readme, even if it's just to make it clear that the sprites were created by you.

$h31d0nc00p3rfan
Rex
Rex

Re: Verdant Way: A Tribute to World 1-1

Postby $h31d0nc00p3rfan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:33 pm

Just_Thomas wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:59 pm
I think you did well. I recognize almost all references, even SML1. Great! Sprites also look good and the mix looks coherent.
Instead of simply remixing 1-1, this is a much better idea. I would have expected it from Big N.
The sprites are all yours? I've probably only seen similar-looking ones somewhere, sometime. I don't see myself responsible for checking credits or anything like that. Anyway, I would still generally advise you to add some kind of readme, even if it's just to make it clear that the sprites were created by you.
Oh, yeah, good call about the readme. Addressed accordingly.

In addition, if you feel it's a good level, feel free to apply it to your SMBX2 episodes.

Return to “Levels”