Deadly Beak Mountain

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Mal8rk
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: English Speaking Spanish Speaker
Pronouns: He/Him

Deadly Beak Mountain

Postby Mal8rk » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:40 pm

Yo Whattup People!

I've been working on these Condart npcs a while back, and to udalize them in a cool, nifty way, I decided to make a level all about them called...

Deadly Beak Mountain!

This level was made before beta 5 came out, but it should work fine in that new version

Screenies:
Spoiler: show

Download it!

Credits:
Spoiler: show
Airship for mountain tileset and Buzzy Beetle sprites

Electro Kun for the Condart sprites

MrDoubleA for warp transitions

Blake Izayoi for minimalistic hud

Emral for player physics patch and antizip

If I forgot to credit someone, please let me know

Enjoy!

Just_Thomas
Snifit
Snifit
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Deadly Beak Mountain

Postby Just_Thomas » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:05 am

I am not judging the general dificulty of the level, as it could be a level somewhere e.g. in World 6 if it would be in a level pack/episode/campaign.

Graphics/visual:
Very nice to look at, you mostly kept it green with the grass, pipes and decorations.
If zoomed out it also still look appealing like an official level designed by Big N.
(noticed SMW or SMB allstars levels are like that, too, imagine certain kind of patterns)

Gameplay also looks quite good as it is all about that kind of enemy with rising difficulty through the stage.

But again about the difficulty level: Please don't be so stingy with powerups, it looks like there are only exactly 2 (or 3?) in the entire level, at the beginning and at the checkpoint flag. But that's not really a big deal, since the Big N. Levels can be just as difficult at the end. But a few short passages where you could take a deep breath would have been nice, or a bonus area or a star to knock out a few enemies. Just to loosen things up a bit.
But that doesn't change the fact that I think the level is absolutely top quality, both in terms of graphics and gameplay design. You definitely know what makes a Mario level.

Return to “Levels”