The Devious NPC Pack (Version 1.1.2)

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.

I'm thinking of making NPCs from the Paper Mario series, but should I put them in a new NPC pack?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:41 am

Make a new NPC pack!
4
21%
Add them to the Devious NPC Pack.
15
79%
 
Total votes: 19
DeviousQuacks23
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:29 am
Pronouns: him

The Devious NPC Pack (Version 1.1.2)

Postby DeviousQuacks23 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:37 pm

Hey everyone, here are some NPCs I have made that you may find useful for your levels. Credits are provided in the pack.
Enjoy!

Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link

Contents:
- Big Fryguy
- Berry Blocks
- Fire Cobrats
- Colossal Goomba
- Purple Panser
- Corks
- Gobout
- Leggshell
- Monox
- Smorg
- Fake Door
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by DeviousQuacks23 on Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:34 am, edited 12 times in total.

Alucard648
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:45 am

Re: The Devious NPC Pack

Postby Alucard648 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:11 pm

What about locked corks, with "pop" effect on unlock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhzPZy24sXA

DeviousQuacks23
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:29 am
Pronouns: him

Re: The Devious NPC Pack

Postby DeviousQuacks23 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:18 pm

Alucard648 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:11 pm
What about locked corks, with "pop" effect on unlock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhzPZy24sXA
The cork is from the Super Mario Bros.2 ending cutscene, it's not from Zelda.

DeviousQuacks23
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:29 am
Pronouns: him

Re: The Devious NPC Pack

Postby DeviousQuacks23 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:26 am

Version 1.1 has been released, adding 4 new NPCs:

- Gobout
- Leggshell
- Monox
- Smorg

Alucard648
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:45 am

Re: The Devious NPC Pack

Postby Alucard648 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:54 pm

DeviousQuacks23 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:18 pm
Alucard648 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:11 pm
What about locked corks, with "pop" effect on unlock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhzPZy24sXA
The cork is from the Super Mario Bros.2 ending cutscene, it's not from Zelda.
I just used ZC to showcase idea of locked corks that can be pulled off only if player has key/enough stars. Or, as shown in video, pop on touch.

DeviousQuacks23
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:29 am
Pronouns: him

Re: The Devious NPC Pack (Version 1.1)

Postby DeviousQuacks23 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:36 pm

I could make the locked corks soon, it would be a fun mechanic for various levels.

DeviousQuacks23
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:29 am
Pronouns: him

Re: The Devious NPC Pack (Version 1.1)

Postby DeviousQuacks23 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:33 am

A minor update has been released, adding 1 new NPC: Trottin' Piranha Plants!

Image

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Posts: 1711
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am

Re: The Devious NPC Pack (Version 1.1.1)

Postby MegaDood » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:42 am

Hey, great NPCs you got there!
Just reporting a couple bugs and things I noticed.

* The trottin piranha plants don't have an editor image and a tileset file like all the other things.
* The Berry Blocks can have projectiles shot through like fireballs, if the thrown npc is a blocktop one it can cause the blocks to move.
* When big fry guy dies, his mini guys spawn offset from where his last position was
* Gobouts sometimes turn the opposite direction and fire, but the projectile shoots behind them


They're really nice NPCs, I especially love the massive goomba because of how wacky it is.
Nice job with them all!

DeviousQuacks23
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:29 am
Pronouns: him

Re: The Devious NPC Pack (Version 1.1.1)

Postby DeviousQuacks23 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:03 am

Another minor update has been released!
Spoiler: show
Additions:
Added the Fake Door!
Image
(You can finally make ghost houses similar to those in the NSMB series!)

Changes:
The folder has been completely reorganized.
The Trottin' Piranha Plant now has a tileset and an editor image.
Fixed a bug where the Berry Blocks can have NPCs thrown inside the block.
Redid Big Fryguy's code so his mini guys don't spawn offset from where his last position was.
Made the Monox slower so you don't have to get a heart attack every time you see a horde of them.
Added in 14 minutes 10 seconds:
MegaDood wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:42 am
Hey, great NPCs you got there!
Just reporting a couple bugs and things I noticed.

* The trottin piranha plants don't have an editor image and a tileset file like all the other things.
* The Berry Blocks can have projectiles shot through like fireballs, if the thrown npc is a blocktop one it can cause the blocks to move.
* When big fry guy dies, his mini guys spawn offset from where his last position was
* Gobouts sometimes turn the opposite direction and fire, but the projectile shoots behind them


They're really nice NPCs, I especially love the massive goomba because of how wacky it is.
Nice job with them all!
Most of the bugs are now fixed in my new update!
(I don't know how to fix the gobout bug)

DeviousQuacks23
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:29 am
Pronouns: him

Re: The Devious NPC Pack (Version 1.1.2)

Postby DeviousQuacks23 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:30 am

Hey everyone, here's another minor update.
Spoiler: show
Additions:
Added Jump Orbs!
Image

Changes:
Removed Trottin' Piranha Plants. (They weren't very good NPCs anyway)

Here's a little preview of the next update, it's going to take quite a while.
Spoiler: show
Image
That's it. That's the update.
Oh, and I should probably confess that I cannot code this NPC:
Spoiler: show
This is a Bronze Bowser Statue. It shoots fire and hops around, like a combination of the regular and golden Bowser statues.
Image
I lack the skills to code this, so if you want to code this into SMBX, go ahead! You don't have to give credit to me.

Shodax
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:24 pm
Pronouns: he

Re: The Devious NPC Pack (Version 1.1)

Postby Shodax » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:24 pm

DeviousQuacks23 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:33 am
A minor update has been released, adding 1 new NPC: Trottin' Piranha Plants!

Image
Hello, very good npc pack.

A question: where can I download the "Trottin' Piranha Plants"?
They don't come in the link

mariobrigade2018
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 7:00 pm
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game
Pronouns: he/him

Re: The Devious NPC Pack (Version 1.1)

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:36 pm

Shodax wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:24 pm
DeviousQuacks23 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:33 am
A minor update has been released, adding 1 new NPC: Trottin' Piranha Plants!

Image
Hello, very good npc pack.

A question: where can I download the "Trottin' Piranha Plants"?
They don't come in the link
Those guys have been removed from the pack.

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 734
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:09 pm
Flair: Good at remakes
Pronouns: he/him

Re: The Devious NPC Pack (Version 1.1)

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:02 pm

mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:36 pm
Shodax wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:24 pm
DeviousQuacks23 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:33 am
A minor update has been released, adding 1 new NPC: Trottin' Piranha Plants!

Image
Hello, very good npc pack.

A question: where can I download the "Trottin' Piranha Plants"?
They don't come in the link
Those guys have been removed from the pack.
Why?

mariobrigade2018
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 7:00 pm
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game
Pronouns: he/him

Re: The Devious NPC Pack (Version 1.1)

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:33 pm

TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:02 pm
mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:36 pm
Shodax wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:24 pm


Hello, very good npc pack.

A question: where can I download the "Trottin' Piranha Plants"?
They don't come in the link
Those guys have been removed from the pack.
Why?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go ask DeviousQuacks23.

DeviousQuacks23
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:29 am
Pronouns: him

Re: The Devious NPC Pack (Version 1.1)

Postby DeviousQuacks23 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:35 am

mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:33 pm
TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:02 pm
mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:36 pm


Those guys have been removed from the pack.
Why?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go ask DeviousQuacks23.
Check the changelog for Version 1.1.2.


Return to “LunaLua”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

SMWCentralTalkhausMario Fan Games GalaxyKafukaMarioWikiSMBXEquipoEstelari