Another Journey

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Miju
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Pronouns: he/him

Another Journey

Postby Miju » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:41 pm

Explore 64 new levels in 10 different worlds

Spoiler: show

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Have fun!

Last edited by Miju on Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

FirestarPlays
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: Another Journey

Postby FirestarPlays » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:14 am

What version is this for? This episode looks good.

Miju
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Miju » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:44 am

FirestarPlays wrote:What version is this for? This episode looks good.
Thanks, the episode is for smbx 2.0

FirestarPlays
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby FirestarPlays » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:44 pm

The world map graphics don't need to be in every level, that's padding out the filesize to 2.8 GB. Maybe make a patch that removes the worldmap tiles from all folders except the main project folder? Some people might not be able to download your project due to this.

Miju
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Miju » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:02 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:44 pm
The world map graphics don't need to be in every level, that's padding out the filesize to 2.8 GB. Maybe make a patch that removes the worldmap tiles from all folders except the main project folder? Some people might not be able to download your project due to this.
Thanks for the Feedback, but when i remove the world map graphics from a level folder, it looks like this after beating a level:
Do you know why this happens?

FirestarPlays
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby FirestarPlays » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:40 pm

Miju wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:02 pm
FirestarPlays wrote:
Thanks for the Feedback, but when i remove the world map graphics from a level folder, it looks like this after beating a level:
Place all your level folders and levels in your main folder, not the Worlds 1-13 folders you currently have. That should solve it. I haven't seen any other episode that places multiple levels' graphics in the same folder.
I will get a screen of what I mean. Don't put more than one level in the same folder. Period.
Don't do this here ^
Do this like in Super Mario Star Expedition here ^
Every level has to have its own folder in the main project folder for the world map to work properly.

Miju
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Miju » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:24 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:40 pm
Miju wrote:
FirestarPlays wrote:
Place all your level folders and levels in your main folder, not the Worlds 1-13 folders you currently have. That should solve it. I haven't seen any other episode that places multiple levels' graphics in the same folder.
I will get a screen of what I mean. Don't put more than one level in the same folder. Period.
Don't do this here ^
Every level has to have its own folder in the main project folder for the world map to work properly.
It worked, thank you

FirestarPlays
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby FirestarPlays » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:28 pm

Miju wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:24 pm
FirestarPlays wrote:
Miju wrote:

Don't do this here ^
It worked, thank you
The last thing you need to do is update the download to be the new version of your game with the reduced filesize (worldmap tiles being taken out of all level folders)

Miju
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Miju » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:55 am

FirestarPlays wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:28 pm
Miju wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:24 pm
FirestarPlays wrote:

Don't do this here ^
It worked, thank you
The last thing you need to do is update the download to be the new version of your game with the reduced filesize (worldmap tiles being taken out of all level folders)
I updated the download, thanks for your help

Justin Bieber Fan
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Flair: Disguised SMW Hacker

Postby Justin Bieber Fan » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:32 am

Awesome episode one of the best!

Miju
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Miju » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:12 am

JustinBieber96 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:32 am
Thank you so much! Im glad you like it

Justin Bieber Fan
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Flair: Disguised SMW Hacker

Postby Justin Bieber Fan » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:11 pm

Miju wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:12 am
JustinBieber96 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:32 am
Thank you so much! Im glad you like it
Thank you too for give us this good episode :D

DrDiabetus
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby DrDiabetus » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:11 am

Didn't play SMBX for quite some time, until I somehow saw the teaser video for the latest update, which makes this Episode my first using some new mechanics for me^^

Overall this was a very enjoable Episode.
Great diversity of Levels which feel very unique in its own way. There nearly weren't any levels that felt similar to another one, which is a very good thing.
Also nice use of resizing the camera, providing a better atmosphare during some sections.
Bosses were nice except a few, which dragged a bit on too much (world 5 and 7), but thats just my opinion.
There is one time, were you can see some blank/cut off tiles on the world map, during path creation to the first level of world 4, but only then.
One thing that might be a bit bothersome is, that there are no shorcuts on the world map. It takes a while to go back, if a player decides to do so.

Good Episode which I definitely would recommend^^
Last edited by DrDiabetus on Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miju
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Miju » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:55 am

DrDiabetus wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:11 am
Didn't play SMBX for quite some time, until I somehow saw the teaser video for the latest update, which makes this Episode my first using some new mechanics for me^^

Overall this was a very enjoable Episode.
Great diversity of Levels which feel very unique in its own way. There nearly weren't any levels that felt similar to another one, which is a very good thing.
Also nice use of resizing the camera, providing a better atmosphare during some sections.
Bosses were nice except a few, which dragged a bit on too much (world 5 and 7), but thats just my opinion.
There is one time, were you can see some blank/cut off tiles on the world map, during path creation to the first level of world 4, but only then.
One thing that might be a bit bothersome is, that there are no shorcuts on the world map. It takes a while to go back, if a player decides to do so.

Good Episode which I definitely would recommend^^
Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I wish you a lot of fun with smbx.

Return to “Episodes”