Create 'Missed Episodes' subforum

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
Fangamestalgia
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: I am Fan
Pronouns: They, She, He, It

Create 'Missed Episodes' subforum

Postby Fangamestalgia » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:07 pm

My suggestion is to create a subforum called "Missing Episodes" within the "Episodes" section. In this space, episodes with broken download links will be archived. However, before posting an episode in the "Missing Episodes" subforum, I recommend that users actively search for the episode on the Wohlsoft website and perform a Google search. If they manage to find alternative ways to download the episode, they should edit the original post about the episode and add the alternative link.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Create 'Missed Episodes' subforum

Postby krakin » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:44 pm

Do we really need to create a whole new subforum to save episodes with broken links? Why not just edit the original thread and add the new working link once someone finds it, as you said at the end of your post, and like how people have been doing for the longest time? It seems like a simpler solution to me and would defeat the purpose of having a "Missing Episodes" subforum. People also won't be able to edit the original post if the episode and thread were made by someone else, they would have to ask staff to do it.

Fangamestalgia
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: I am Fan
Pronouns: They, She, He, It

Postby Fangamestalgia » Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:50 pm

krakin wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:44 pm
(...) episodes with broken links?
There are episodes that cannot be downloaded, for example, 'New Super Mario Adventures' created by BlueMario, link viewtopic.php?t=4441, seems to be lost forever
krakin wrote:
Why not just edit the original thread and add the new working link (...)
Yes, that's right, but as not all users will be able to do this (as the user will need be moderator or something like that), I'm creating an alternative solution, I'm creating a spreadsheet with the episodes
krakin wrote:
and would defeat the purpose of having a "Missing Episodes" subforum.
There are episodes that may never come back

Well, the spreadsheet won't be able to contain all the episodes that have already existed, and the original topic will continue without the download link, unless someone on the team puts a new link.

But if I can create a spreadsheet it will help.

Thank you!

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:04 am

A thread would probably suffice if anything.

SinHeartless
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby SinHeartless » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:57 pm

I did leave a thread about this months ago if I recall where I was asking whether I could recover some of my old stuff.
And yes, it would be much appreciated, I had a single released episode & a teaser level I posted in here an eternity ago that I have lost access to due to corruption of computer files & losing my original Mediafire account I used to store stuff to.

Once I'm done with that business, I can return to better pastures.

Return to “Site Discussion”