[SMBX2] Luigi Goes To Hell

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
ST Entertainment
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: StarTech Entertainment

[SMBX2] Luigi Goes To Hell

Postby ST Entertainment » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:16 am

STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS

A 6-World adventure following Luigi as he journeys through Hell.

STORY
Luigi awakens in The Underwhere, with no memory of how he got there. Despite being in The Underwhere, he finds that he’s still alive, and with the help of a friendly shayde named Ghoulia, embarks on a quest to reach Jaydes Palace, where Queen Jaydes, ruler of The Underwhere, lives, to try and get this mess sorted out. On his quest, he’ll face off against Phantoms, killer plants, undead pirates, a scythe wielding maniac, his greatest fears, a rising revolution, and a power-hungry warden, in a grand adventure through the deepest parts of Hell itself!

FEATURES
- 6 Main Worlds of shorter, New Super Luigi U inspired levels, with 3 Bonus Worlds extra challenging worlds.
- Every level contains a Medal, which can be gained through various different means, such as collecting every Star Coin, completing the level within a certain time, not taking any damage, and more!
- Every single enemy has a custom sprite, with every level featuring a custom tileset, all in the SMB3 SNES style.
- Fully custom cutscenes featuring completely custom artwork.
- 7 Unique custom bosses.
- Fully custom soundtrack, mostly featuring songs from other games, like The Calamity Mod, Castle Crashers and Just Shapes And Beats, with a couple completely original songs made exclusively for this project as well.

WORLDS/PROGRESS
Spoiler: show
World 1 - Forest Of Lost Souls
When souls first arrive in The Underwhere, they often find their way here. Part of the journey for repentance, the very woods themselves create memories for the souls to traverse.
Progress: 2/16 Planned Levels Finished

World 2 - The Sands Of Remorse
The second half of the journey for repentance. If a soul is unable to move past their guilt and forgive themselves, they'll be lost to wander the sands for eternity. If they can reach The Temple Of Repentance, however, they're able to move on to The Greater Underwhere, where they can live out the rest of existence in relative peace.
Progress: 3/12 Planned Levels Finished

World 3 - The Sea Of Twygz
A great sea separating the journey for repentance from the rest of The Underwhere. The waters of this sea are dangerous to any living being, but thankfully, most denizens of The Underwhere are already dead. Makes things pretty tough for poor Luigi, though. Jaydes old castle, which Luigi and his friends visited back in 2010, rests at the bottom of this great sea.
Progress: 0/14 Planned Levels Finished

World 4 - The Frostlands
The former domain of the terrifying Bonechill and his army of Skellobits. Now, this barren land hosts little life, mostly consisting of Bonechill's former army, who retreated here after their leader's fall in 2010.
Progress: 2/13 Planned Levels Finished

World 5 - The Pit
A fiery prison, stretching down into the deepest bowels of hell, where the most vile and despicable souls rest. These souls weren't even given a chance for redemption in The Forest Of Lost Souls or The Sands Of Remorse.
Progress: 1/13 Planned Levels Finished

World 6 - Jaydes Palace
The palace of Queen Jaydes, the queen of The Underwhere. Luigi's final destination, but Jaydes was kind and forgiving the last time he was ended up in The Underwhere by mistake, so what could possibly go wrong?
Progress: 0/16 Planned Levels Finished

VERY Early Map
FRIENDS AND FOES
Luigi is accompanied by a whole host of characters, both friendly and hostile.
Luigi, the hero of the story, who found himself in hell and needs to find a way back home.
Ghoulia, the friendly Shayde who hopes to assist Luigi on his adventure to reach Queen Jaydes. She's never left the Forest Of Lost Souls before, and believes helping Luigi to be as good a reason any to finally go out and explore.
More characters to be revealed later!
SCREENSHOTS
Note that these screenshots are from early versions of levels, and that the levels shown are subject to either change, or be entirely removed by release.
Demo Progress: 6/14 Levels "Finished"
Last edited by ST Entertainment on Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

meriocooldude
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: It's a me, Mario, yahoo!
Pronouns: he/him

Re: [SMBX2] Luigi Goes To Hell

Postby meriocooldude » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:02 pm

ST Entertainment wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:16 am

STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS

A fairly lengthy 6-World adventure following Luigi as he journeys through Hell, created with SMBX2.

STORY
Luigi awakens in The Underwhere, with no memory of how he got there. Despite being in The Underwhere, he finds that he’s still alive, and with the help of a friendly shayde named Ghoulia, embarks on a quest to reach Jaydes Palace, where Queen Jaydes, ruler of The Underwhere, lives, to try and get this mess sorted out. On his quest, he’ll face off against Phantoms, killer plants, undead pirates, a scythe wielding maniac, his greatest fears, a rising revolution, and a power-hungry warden, in a grand adventure through the deepest parts of Hell itself!

FEATURES
- 6 Main Worlds of shorter, New Super Luigi U inspired levels, with 3 Bonus Worlds extra challenging worlds.
- Every level contains a Medal, which can be gained through various different means, such as collecting every Star Coin, completing the level within a certain time, not taking any damage, and more!
- Every single enemy has a custom sprite, with every level featuring a custom tileset, all in the SMB3 SNES style.
- Fully custom cutscenes featuring completely custom artwork.
- 7 Unique custom bosses.
- Fully custom soundtrack, mostly featuring songs from other games, like The Calamity Mod, Castle Crashers and Just Shapes And Beats, with a couple completely original songs made exclusively for this project as well.

WORLDS/PROGRESS
World 1 - Forest Of Lost Souls
When souls first arrive in The Underwhere, they often find their way here. Part of the journey for repentance, the very woods themselves create memories for the souls to traverse.
Progress: 2/16 Planned Levels Finished

World 2 - The Sands Of Remorse
The second half of the journey for repentance. If a soul is unable to move past their guilt and forgive themselves, they'll be lost to wander the sands for eternity. If they can reach The Temple Of Repentance, however, they're able to move on to The Greater Underwhere, where they can live out the rest of existence in relative peace.
Progress: 3/12 Planned Levels Finished

World 3 - The Sea Of Twygz
A great sea seperating the journey for repentance from the rest of The Underwhere. The waters of this sea are dangerous to any living being, but thankfully, most denezins of The Underwhere are already dead. Makes things pretty tough for poor Luigi, though. Jaydes old castle, which Luigi and his frriends visited back in 2010, rests at the bottom of this great sea.
Progress: 0/14 Planned Levels Finished

World 4 - The Frostlands
The former domain of the terrifying Bonechill and his army of Skellobits. Now, this barren land hosts little life, mostly consisting of Bonechill's former army, who retreated here after their leader's fall in 2010.
Progress: 2/13 Planned Levels Finished

World 5 - The Pit
A fiery prison, stretching down into the deepest bowels of hell, where the most vile and despicable souls rest. These souls weren't even given a chance for redemption in The Forest Of Lost Souls or The Sands Of Remorse.
Progress: 1/13 Levels Finished

World 6 - Jaydes Palace
The palace of Queen Jaydes, the queen of The Underwhere. Luigi's final destination, but Jaydes was kind and forgiving the last time he was ended up in The Underwhere by mistake, so what could possibly go wrong?
Progress: 0/16 Planned Levels Finished

VERY Early Map

SCREENSHOTS
Note that these screenshots are from early versions of levels, and that the levels shown are subject to either change, or be entirely removed by release.
Demo Progress: 6/14 Levels "Finished"

I probably won't update this page very often, at least not with like, every level completed, but I promise I'll eventually finish this. I'll likely release the first demo by the end of 2024. Pretty big time frame, I know, but work has been rather slow, especially since I've also been working on a separate SMBX Project at the same time. Probably shouldn't do that, but my ADHD gives me pretty major burnout on a project after working for too long, so it is what it is, I guess. Work WILL be slow, but I promise that this will one day see the light of day. Unless I die before it's finished. That would suck.
Why would luigi go to hell anyways?? This makes no sense. :arrow: :?:

Return to “Projects”