(NPC Request) Cat Goombas and other 3D World Foes (It's a request, not a showcase)

Post here for help and support regarding LunaLua and SMBX2's libraries and features.
TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: Good at remakes
Pronouns: he/him

(NPC Request) Cat Goombas and other 3D World Foes (It's a request, not a showcase)

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:25 am

Cat Goombas:
Spoiler: show
can come in SMB, and SMB3 Style (If you want to, you can make galoomba variants for SMW style)\
3D World Bully: should act like in SMM2
wandering until they see you, running towards when they do. They should bounce the player like a bumper. When on the edge of a platform they teeter, etc.
Ant Trooper:
similar to spike-tops, but can be defeated with fireballs, statue mario, and a yoshi's ground-pound (Yellow shell effect and purple stomp)
Horned Ant troopers:
Spike-tops vulnerable to fireballs, that can be killed by ground pounds and statues if they are walking along a vertical surface.
Swim-ring goombas and madpoles:
Enemies that treat any surface of water as block tiles; if they are forced onto dry land, they poof into a cloud of smoke. Madpoles chase the player, while the goombas behave like their land-locked brethren.

I'm planning on doing a thing in preparation for Bowser's Fury, so at least try and make some of these. Please?
Last edited by TheGameyFireBro105 on Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie

Re: (NPC Request) Cat Goombas and other 3D World Foes (It's a request, not a showcase)

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:21 am

OK. Fine. Nobody wants Bowser's fury, then?

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR

Re: (NPC Request) Cat Goombas and other 3D World Foes (It's a request, not a showcase)

Postby DrMekar » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:25 am

TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:21 am
OK. Fine. Nobody wants Bowser's fury, then?
Dude, you aren't going to reach anything or anyone with that attitude. If People don't want to do it, they don't want to do it.
This (viewtopic.php?f=102&t=26657) is the second time I tried asking for this Boss, with
again no reply. It's frustrating, but bumping doesn't help at all.

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:49 am

Ok, Mekar. I have only one question for you. Are you excited for Bowser's Fury, and do my requests make sense?

MrDoubleA
Flurry
Flurry
Flair: How much munchers?

Postby MrDoubleA » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:29 am

Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:49 am
Ok, Mekar. I have only one question for you. Are you excited for Bowser's Fury, and do my requests make sense?
"Are you excited for Bowser's Fury" has literally nothing to do with this. They make sense, sure, but they don't sound fun.
People here do this stuff this more for fun than "for the community".

(Side note: I do actually recommend at least attempting some basic lua stuff at some point. If you keep on insisting that it's "incomprehensible", you won't get anywhere.)

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:46 pm

What i'm asking for isn't basic. It's pretty complex. I understand everything you're saying, MDA. Most times I see cat goombas in SMBX, they're just reskinned Tweeters. I'm a bit more ambitious than that. Also my question was just a futile attempt to entice lua coders to at least try. Now I know that was kinda scummy. I was too distracted by the hype when making this post to truly think about the community. I'm sorry.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:30 pm

So you're implying that as people aren't fulfilling your request, they aren't excited for SM3DW + BF? As someone who has pre-ordered the game, I can confirm that isn't true. Also the amount of requests you make definitely implies that you would benefit from learning some Lua, if you actually plan on doing something with the things that you request.

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:36 pm

Electriking wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:30 pm
So you're implying that as people aren't fulfilling your request, they aren't excited for SM3DW + BF? As someone who has pre-ordered the game, I can confirm that isn't true. Also the amount of requests you make definitely implies that you would benefit from learning some Lua, if you actually plan on doing something with the things that you request.

NO!!! Of course not!!!!!

MrDoubleA
Flurry
Flurry
Flair: How much munchers?

Postby MrDoubleA » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:51 pm

Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:46 pm
What i'm asking for isn't basic. It's pretty complex. I understand everything you're saying, MDA. Most times I see cat goombas in SMBX, they're just reskinned Tweeters. I'm a bit more ambitious than that. Also my question was just a futile attempt to entice lua coders to at least try. Now I know that was kinda scummy. I was too distracted by the hype when making this post to truly think about the community. I'm sorry.
the cat goomba jumps up and dives, that is very basic

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:55 pm

I know. I just don't know the code required to create the pathing.

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR

Postby DrMekar » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:10 am

Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:55 pm
I know. I just don't know the code required to create the pathing.
Which is why Electriking told you to maybe just attempt getting into Lua.

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:47 pm

I don't know where to start. I need a guide, mentor, and/or tutor.

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:52 pm

Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:47 pm
I don't know where to start. I need a guide, mentor, and/or tutor.
https://youtu.be/jBly6qwokdY

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:16 pm

That's the youtube homepage.

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:31 pm

It is supposed to link to the Enjl's LunaLua tutorial playlist, but it turns out that YouTube is complete dogshit ('can't load page' apparently). So I guess I have been reduced to linking the the first video of it instead: https://youtu.be/jBly6qwokdY

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:40 am

Electriking wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:31 pm
It is supposed to link to the Enjl's LunaLua tutorial playlist, but it turns out that YouTube is complete dogshit ('can't load page' apparently). So I guess I have been reduced to linking the the first video of it instead: https://youtu.be/jBly6qwokdY
I hear ya. YouTube can be as dumb as an AI generated sentence.

Also, THANKS!!!

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:48 pm

Still have no idea how to do something like a Cat Goomba. How do I make an enemy jump, or move along a set path?

Mal8rk
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: English Speaking Spanish Speaker
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Mal8rk » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:42 pm

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:48 pm
Still have no idea how to do something like a Cat Goomba. How do I make an enemy jump, or move along a set path?
You know what? here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18YM6wd ... sp=sharing

I did this just for you man, the very least you can do is credit me. Now, get your stuff together and learn a little lua. You need help? Fine, reach out to someone like MrDoubleA, or any good lua user in the community.

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:38 pm

Mal8rk wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:42 pm
You know what? here:

I did this just for you man, the very least you can do is credit me. Now, get your stuff together and learn a little lua. You need help? Fine, reach out to someone like MrDoubleA, or any good lua user in the community.
Thanks. I've recently taken up coding classes which may help in that.

mariobrigade2018
Spike
Spike
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:12 pm

Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:38 pm
Mal8rk wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:42 pm
You know what? here:

Thanks. I've recently taken up coding classes which may help in that.
Good for you, I like seeing commitment on your end.

Return to “LunaLua Help”