[TAKEN DOWN] Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition (SMB1 Remake) UPDATE

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition (SMB1 Remake) UPDATE

Postby Cedur » Sun May 17, 2020 2:06 pm

P4VL0VSKEY wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:54 pm
It doesn't work good on my version. I am using SMBX2 :(

This is strange enough. This is an episode made in legacy SMBX, so there shouldn't be any problems.

P4VL0VSKEY
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: Multi-talented
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby P4VL0VSKEY » Mon May 18, 2020 10:29 am

Thanks for help. I hope if it will help me.

Superfrancybros
Bit
Bit

Postby Superfrancybros » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:40 am

Hi there I have a idea: super Mario all stars smbx edition;
Could I use your episodies for SMB1 and 2 for smbx?

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:08 pm

Why is this not taken down yet?

The SMB2 and SMB3 remakes were down, so why not this one?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:03 am

lan vuhoang wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:08 pm

Bruh, why not be glad that this one went unnoticed so far?

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:23 pm

Cedur wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:03 am
lan vuhoang wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:08 pm

Bruh, why not be glad that this one went unnoticed so far?
The fact that this is still up is great, but MSU-1 alone makes SMAS the definitive way to play SMB1 in my opinion.
Anyway, this is still a cool episode to play, and I have already downloaded it to play when the link is down.
And I was a bit confused about the fact that the author's SMB2 remake was down, but Nintendo don't also take down his SMB1 remake as well.

Superfrancybros
Bit
Bit

Re: [TAKEN DOWN] Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition (SMB1 Remake) UPDATE

Postby Superfrancybros » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:10 am

WHY taken down? It's a beatiful episodie

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:43 am

Because more or less every recreation of official Nintendo games sometimes gets taken down

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: Good at remakes

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:13 pm

Pretty sure it wasn't actually taken down...

At least not by NINTENDO!

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:26 pm

Cedur wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:43 am
Because more or less every recreation of official Nintendo games sometimes gets taken down
This... doesn't apply for things made with smbx?

if this is the reason this episode's getting closed then i'd say to uh, not do that? i mean your choice of course but no, you're not about to get dmca'd or anything like that for something made within the smbx engine (referring to the OP)

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:42 am

Then how do these DMCA's (or whatever it is) come up in the first place?

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:50 am

Not all DMCA's have to be true or actually from Nintendo!

Remember that there was a Time where random SMBX Content got taken down because of a fake claim from a EX Lawyer who worked at Nintendo!

skatefilter5
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby skatefilter5 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:17 pm

I still have that espiode, but is great to play the classics. Don't know why Nintendon't reall have to do that.

NES version they should do not all-stars

Now we all never remake any mario's game , but will focus on custom level that are 4x better than original!
Beside mario games , They also do that to other do that to Pokemon, kirby and this also includes hacks or custom levels that aren't original which its a shame!

And who like Super mario maker 2 and even game builder? I know notice super mario maker was shut down which we all now SMBX have lifespan than the first mario maker, - no slope as we all remember.

Fangamestalgia
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: I am Fan
Pronouns: They, She, He, It

Request for permission to republish 'Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition'

Postby Fangamestalgia » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:39 pm

Dear Sapphire Bullet Bill,

I hope this message finds you well. I am Fangamestalgia, and I have recently been working on adjustments for the episode "Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition". During this process, I realized that certain parts, such as the introduction, ending, specific graphics, and the secret battle, are valuable and exclusive creations of your authorship.

I kindly request your permission to republish the episode "Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition' with all your original contributions intact. I acknowledge the significance and value of these elements for the gaming experience you developed.

However, if you prefer not to grant this authorization, I will completely respect your decision. In that case, I intend to publish a remake of Super Mario Bros without the few additions that were made. Although these changes are minimal, I recognize the importance and quality of these additions to the project.

I appreciate your consideration and understanding in advance. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter.

Warm regards,

Fangamestalgia

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:49 pm

do you know what a "private message" is?

Fangamestalgia
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Fangamestalgia » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:53 pm

Emral wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:49 pm
(...) "private message" is?
To read the private message, he will need to be logged in. Considering that about 50 users are not logged in, it's likely that he'll be in this condition when accessing the site. Furthermore, I'm working on the remake of Super Mario Bros and I need his permission to include exclusive content such as the secret boss battle, credits, and specific episode graphics. Therefore, the final version of the remake might not include the exclusive elements of the Sapphire Bullet Bill if this authorization is not granted.

Sapphire Bullet Bill
Blooper
Blooper

Re: Request for permission to republish 'Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition'

Postby Sapphire Bullet Bill » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:32 pm

Fangamestalgia wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:39 pm

I hope this message finds you well. I am Fangamestalgia, and I have recently been working on adjustments for the episode "Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition". During this process, I realized that certain parts, such as the introduction, ending, specific graphics, and the secret battle, are valuable and exclusive creations of your authorship.

I kindly request your permission to republish the episode "Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition' with all your original contributions intact. I acknowledge the significance and value of these elements for the gaming experience you developed.

However, if you prefer not to grant this authorization, I will completely respect your decision. In that case, I intend to publish a remake of Super Mario Bros without the few additions that were made. Although these changes are minimal, I recognize the importance and quality of these additions to the project.

I appreciate your consideration and understanding in advance. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter.

Warm regards,

Fangamestalgia
This is way more professional than it needs to be, and I appreciate that.

Yes, you can use my remakes for whatever you like; I don't care as to what changes are made. It has been over 2 years since I have taken down both remakes of SMB1 and SMB2. The takedowns were due to a legitimate copyright claim, so I would be mindful of that. I will not provide a download for the remake but you can probably find one through the archive.org website, as I've seen it hosted there myself.

In turn, I will allow anyone to use my SMB1 and SMB2 remakes for any purpose or project. Just give credit to me for the source remake.

Thank you for the kindhearted request.

Added in 8 minutes 13 seconds:
Emral wrote:
Y'all need to loosen up.

Fangamestalgia
Swooper
Swooper

Re: Request for permission to republish 'Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition'

Postby Fangamestalgia » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:11 am

Sapphire Bullet Bill wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:40 pm
Fangamestalgia wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:39 pm

Warm regards,

Fangamestalgia
This is way more professional than it needs to be, and I appreciate that.

Yes, you can use my remakes for whatever you like; I don't care as to what changes are made. It has been over 2 years since I have taken down both remakes of SMB1 and SMB2. The takedowns were due to a legitimate copyright claim, so I would be mindful of that. I will not provide a download for the remake but you can probably find one through the archive.org website, as I've seen it hosted there myself.

In turn, I will allow anyone to use my SMB1 and SMB2 remakes for any purpose or project. Just give credit to me for the source remake.

Thank you for the kindhearted request.

Added in 8 minutes 13 seconds:
Emral wrote:
Y'all need to loosen up.

**Thank You for Permission and Future Updates**

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for granting permission to use the remakes of Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition and Super Mario Bros. 2 SMBX Edition in my project. Your generosity and support mean a lot to me.

It's important to mention that the version I have of these remakes is the reposted version by Da Dave Man, which I found on archive.org. I will ensure proper credits are given to you, acknowledging the contribution of you to these remakes.

Furthermore, I continue to work on alterations and enhancements to further refine these remakes. I plan to share the updates once they are ready, hoping they will maintain the original spirit of these games while incorporating new elements.

Once again, thank you for your generosity and permission. I look forward to presenting the upcoming versions of these remakes soon.

Best regards,

Fangamestalgia

Return to “Episodes”