For episode making, should I wait for the full release of X2 or start with B4

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
mariobrigade2018
Spike
Spike
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game
Pronouns: he/him

For episode making, should I wait for the full release of X2 or start with B4

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:28 pm

Yeah it's just what it sounds like. Should I wait for X2's full release or start now with B4?

KnownStranger
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Re: For episode making, should I wait for the full release of X2 or start with B4

Postby KnownStranger » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:53 pm

You can make your episode with the current version (Beta 4), because the full smbx2 release date has not been defined. If the update is released in any time, I don't think there would exist a problem with episode compatibility. This is just my supposition because I have not heard news about the smbx2 development.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Re: For episode making, should I wait for the full release of X2 or start with B4

Postby Emral » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:59 pm

At some point SMBX2 is going to exit beta. That is when all significant currently-broken 1.3 features work again as expected, probably (Multiplayer, Battle Mode). However, that's not a full release. That's just 2.0.0. And when 2.0.0 is out, there will come a 2.0.1, or a 2.1, and a 2.2. It's a continuously developed engine, and will never be truly "full".
But before we exit beta, there will be a Beta 5, a Beta 6, maybe a Beta 7. It depends on how development progresses.
I think waiting for some strange "full release" to have fun building levels is a form of self-sabotage. Go and have fun with what's there! Can always adapt it to currently undefined updates later, when they are defined.

mariobrigade2018
Spike
Spike
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game
Pronouns: he/him

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:07 pm

Emral wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:59 pm
At some point SMBX2 is going to exit beta. That is when all significant currently-broken 1.3 features work again as expected, probably (Multiplayer, Battle Mode). However, that's not a full release. That's just 2.0.0. And when 2.0.0 is out, there will come a 2.0.1, or a 2.1, and a 2.2. It's a continuously developed engine, and will never be truly "full".
But before we exit beta, there will be a Beta 5, a Beta 6, maybe a Beta 7. It depends on how development progresses.
I think waiting for some strange "full release" to have fun building levels is a form of self-sabotage. Go and have fun with what's there! Can always adapt it to currently undefined updates later, when they are defined.
Oops, should've specified

What I meant for "full release" was "when SMBX2 goes out of Beta."

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:02 am

mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:07 pm
Emral wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:59 pm
Oops, should've specified

What I meant for "full release" was "when SMBX2 goes out of Beta."
oh yea in that case only the last paragraph of my post matters here

Soupar Moriu
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Flair: My project
Pronouns: He

Postby Soupar Moriu » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:41 am

B4 is great, I'm using it for my MKA. I think, you can wait but it is great already.

Sapphire Bullet Bill
Blooper
Blooper

Postby Sapphire Bullet Bill » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:23 pm

mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:28 pm
Yeah it's just what it sounds like. Should I wait for X2's full release or start now with B4?
Use TheXTech instead

Fangamestalgia
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: I am Fan
Pronouns: They, She, He, It

Postby Fangamestalgia » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:24 pm

I recommend using what you currently have, SMBX2 B4

Return to “General”