Super Boy I (Remake)

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
PlushTube123
Bit
Bit
Flair: Bing bing wahoo
Pronouns: he/him

Super Boy I (Remake)

Postby PlushTube123 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:27 pm

Super Boy I is a Super Mario Bros. bootleg that was released on the Master System in 1989 by a South Korean company named Zemina. This SMBX episode is a remake of Super Boy I in the SMB1 Super Mario All Stars style. Not only are the levels remade as closely as possible to the original versions, but I've also added some new stuff to some of the levels.

This episode contains 16 levels (World 1-1 to World 4-4), all of varying themes. I really just did this for fun and only took two days to make. This was made in SMBX 2.0, and all of the credits are in the episode's description in the SMBX launcher. I'll list them here as well since I couldn't fit some of them on the launcher.

Project by: PlushTube123 (AA2004) | Super Boy by: Zemina | SMB1 Graphics by: Sednaiur | Additional music by: LadiesMan217 | SMB1 HUD by: HatsuneBlake

Oh yeah, and SORRY NOTHING.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rob6z4md ... 1.rar/file

Spoiler: show

I'm not that good with setting up these pages, so sorry if it's messy. These levels are also based on SMB1's levels, but they seem like they were remade from memory by someone who played SMB1 like twice. Maybe I'll do Super Boy II if this does well.

AToMIC
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: I'm here
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Super Boy I (Remake)

Postby AToMIC » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:13 pm

*SORRY NOTHING*

An oddly specific piece of obscure media to base an episode on, but judging from the screenshots, it looks pretty good. Boy if only Vinesauce Vinny still streamed SMBx material. He'd get a kick out of this.

Dyrocc
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: YouTuber
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Super Boy I (Remake)

Postby Dyrocc » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:17 pm

Hey, I noticed the timer wasn't working in your episode and I figured out why. You do have it set up only halfway. You need to add the following to a luna.lua file in each custom graphics folder for each level to actually activate the timer.

Code: Select all

timer = require("timer")
timer.activate(time, false)
I'm aware that you have a luna.lua file in the root folder of the episode. By adding a separate file to each custom graphics folder for each world, you can set a specific time limit for each level.
Note: time = whatever number you want to set as the time limit. If you set the second argument to true, it will treat time as a number of frames until the player dies not the number of seconds.

The episode is still fun to play even without the working timer though.

Return to “Episodes”