SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Posts: 2005
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:29 pm

ToastWithTheMost224 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:11 pm
Hey uh, smbx2 isnt opening for me, like not working whatsoever. Every time i try to open it it just doesn't do anything, has anyone else encountered this problem and if so has anyone found a fix yet? ive looked almost everywhere and i cant find anything on this.
1) What OS and version you run?
2) Do you have graphical drivers installed?
3) Try to run the "data/LunaLoader.exe" directly instead of running the "smbx2.exe". To run the Moondust Editor, open the devkit directory "data/PGE/", and run the "pge_editor.exe".

P.S. Do you have any antivirus? Please check it's quarantine or detection logs, does it contain any files from your SMBX2 installation directory?

ditditdit
Dolphin
Dolphin
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:25 pm
Flair: e
Pronouns: she/they
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby ditditdit » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:08 pm

question: what about world map music makes it have to be hardcoded?

or is it not hardcoded and that just hasn't been added yet?

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:35 am

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby deice » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:36 pm

ditditdit wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:08 pm
question: what about world map music makes it have to be hardcoded?

or is it not hardcoded and that just hasn't been added yet?
smbx 1.3 does indeed hardcode the overworld music (in fact, the way 1.3 handles audio in general is not exactly the greatest). i believe that a lot of vanilla world map overhauls are on the to-do list for smbx2, but in this specific case you can still override the music with filenames or use music.ini, and i doubt most use cases require more than 16 songs. (even if yours does, there's always jukebox.lua)

ditditdit
Dolphin
Dolphin
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:25 pm
Flair: e
Pronouns: she/they
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby ditditdit » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:48 pm

deice wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:36 pm
ditditdit wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:08 pm
question: what about world map music makes it have to be hardcoded?

or is it not hardcoded and that just hasn't been added yet?
smbx 1.3 does indeed hardcode the overworld music (in fact, the way 1.3 handles audio in general is not exactly the greatest). i believe that a lot of vanilla world map overhauls are on the to-do list for smbx2, but in this specific case you can still override the music with filenames or use music.ini, and i doubt most use cases require more than 16 songs. (even if yours does, there's always jukebox.lua)
whats jukebox.lua? i am not the moooost experienced at lua, but this could be handy!

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:35 am

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby deice » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:20 am

ditditdit wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:48 pm
whats jukebox.lua?
a lua library for custom overworld music, you can find it here.

iEnderman55
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:21 am
Pronouns: He

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby iEnderman55 » Tue May 16, 2023 11:23 am

My idea is: have an option (in the principal menu and the game menu) that it changes the music, graphics and sounds to SNES to NES and vicecerse.

punkitt
Koopa
Koopa
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:31 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby punkitt » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:40 pm

Heyo! I'd love if there was an option in the editor to use WASD over the directional keys in order to navigate the editor. Would be really handy for working with two hands at the same time! That is, unless there's a way to change the keybinds and I just can't seem to find it.

Mal8rk
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:04 pm
Flair: English Speaking Spanish Speaker
Pronouns: He/Him
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Mal8rk » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:11 pm

I wish there was a way to disable the bullet bill/cheep cheep spawners. Like if you reach the middle of the stage then have them not spawn anymore. And also, there should be an option to have them spawned across sections

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9695
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Phoenix

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Emral » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:36 pm

Mal8rk wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:11 pm
I wish there was a way to disable the bullet bill/cheep cheep spawners. Like if you reach the middle of the stage then have them not spawn anymore. And also, there should be an option to have them spawned across sections
You can disable them. Place another spawner where you want them to stop, with the "Enabled" toggle checked off. To make them go across sections all you have to do is place another spawner where you enter the next section.

ben
Tweeter
Tweeter
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby ben » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:41 am

Even before I registered here, SMBX 2 was in the beta phase.

This is still the case.

I continue to wait patiently and with joy for the first major release of SMBX 2 and would like to thank those who are working on this version of this software.

At some point the first major release of this version of this software will be released. Different things take different time. :)  

mariobrigade2018
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 7:00 pm
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game
Pronouns: he/him

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:57 pm

ben wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:41 am
Even before I registered here, SMBX 2 was in the beta phase.

This is still the case.

I continue to wait patiently and with joy for the first major release of SMBX 2 and would like to thank those who are working on this version of this software.

At some point the first major release of this version of this software will be released. Different things take different time. :)  
And that will be a great day to be alive.

A suggestion for the next build is to have Wario, Rosalina, and Zelda having their own fireball colors. Wario's would be yellow and Rosalina's Cyan. Not sure what Zelda's color would be. Giving Klonoa his own color would be nice, but it's not a priority.

ben
Tweeter
Tweeter
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby ben » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:21 pm

mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:57 pm
And that will be a great day to be alive.
I think so too. :)

Soupar Moriu
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:35 am
Flair: My project
Pronouns: He

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Soupar Moriu » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:08 am

My suggestion:
More music
Easier episode creation (Example: Less lunalua requirement, More options)
2-part messages (I know it's possible with events, but you can make a tap at Item Properties named 2nd message, 3rd message, etc.)
Graphic replacer (I don't like to give the ID of my graphic :( )
Block config (Great NPC config though :D )
If this is not the right place, tell me. :)

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Sednaiur » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:03 am

I have a suggestion I would like to make for an NPC-code:

Code: Select all

ignoreheldnpcs
Due to the fact the code "ignorethrownnpcs" does not protect NPCs from being killed by simply walking up to them with a held NPC makes the code practically useless by itself, I think. Of course, one could make the held NPCs harmless, by using the "harmlessgrab"-code but that would mean one has to apply that code to all NPCs, as opposed to just one code to one NPC. Additionally, this would disallow for other such interactions between this and other NPCs aswell.

Another suggestion I have is to have the "ignorethrownnpcs"-code exclude projectiles thrown by the player, like player fireballs and player hammers, if possible. This way more setups could be possible. I tried to have Thwomps resistent to thrown (and held) NPCs but unfortunately one could not kill them with hammers either, which makes it miss its purpose for me.

If any of those could be implemented, I would be very appreciative of the efforts.

mariobrigade2018
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 7:00 pm
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game
Pronouns: he/him

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:31 pm

I just recently checked the progress sheet, and I'm seeing a new status color called "abandoned." And the description of "Old claims that have been abandoned" isn't very descriptive, at least for me. Are those items never going to see the light of day? Are developers leaving? Are they being waited for new tech? Am I being paranoid? What is going on?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
(Sheet in case people can't find it.)

Edit: Also it might be wise to do the 38a powerups first (Frog, Blue Shell, Propeller, Mini, Penguin{In that order.}) before making it irrelevant with the Cape Feather. You know, for some :roll: compatibility.

Hoeloe
Foo
Foo
Posts: 1461
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Pronouns: she/her

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Hoeloe » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:39 pm

mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:31 pm
I'm seeing a new status color called "abandoned." And the description of "Old claims that have been abandoned" isn't very descriptive, at least for me. Are those items never going to see the light of day? Are developers leaving? Are they being waited for new tech? Am I being paranoid? What is going on?
It literally just means that those were claims made years ago that the claimant has since moved on from. There is nothing stopping them or someone else picking up the same claim again in future, it just means they're not being actively worked on and no-one currently has the intention to do so.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9695
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Phoenix

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Emral » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:14 am

mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:31 pm
I just recently checked the progress sheet, and I'm seeing a new status color called "abandoned." And the description of "Old claims that have been abandoned" isn't very descriptive, at least for me. Are those items never going to see the light of day? Are developers leaving? Are they being waited for new tech? Am I being paranoid? What is going on?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
(Sheet in case people can't find it.)

Edit: Also it might be wise to do the 38a powerups first (Frog, Blue Shell, Propeller, Mini, Penguin{In that order.}) before making it irrelevant with the Cape Feather. You know, for some :roll: compatibility.
no need to panic. it's just a new styling thing in response to some people on the codehaus discord server asking when those claims would be finished on the daily, who would go on to suggest the claims be removed from the sheet if nobody is working on them. a lot of the npcs once claimed in those slots are available via NPC packs, like Kate Bulka's NPC pack or MrDoubleA's NPC pack, so if you can't wait for a potential basegame inclusion, I hope you check out the community content.

mariobrigade2018
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 7:00 pm
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game
Pronouns: he/him

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:26 am

Emral wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:14 am
mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:31 pm
I just recently checked the progress sheet, and I'm seeing a new status color called "abandoned." And the description of "Old claims that have been abandoned" isn't very descriptive, at least for me. Are those items never going to see the light of day? Are developers leaving? Are they being waited for new tech? Am I being paranoid? What is going on?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
(Sheet in case people can't find it.)

Edit: Also it might be wise to do the 38a powerups first (Frog, Blue Shell, Propeller, Mini, Penguin{In that order.}) before making it irrelevant with the Cape Feather. You know, for some :roll: compatibility.
no need to panic. it's just a new styling thing in response to some people on the codehaus discord server asking when those claims would be finished on the daily, who would go on to suggest the claims be removed from the sheet if nobody is working on them. a lot of the npcs once claimed in those slots are available via NPC packs, like Kate Bulka's NPC pack or MrDoubleA's NPC pack, so if you can't wait for a potential basegame inclusion, I hope you check out the community content.
Suggestion to stickify the to-be-basegame stuff on the forums until the next release (b4.5,b5 or full release.) lol

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9695
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Phoenix

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Emral » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:19 am

mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:26 am

Suggestion to stickify the to-be-basegame stuff on the forums until the next release (b4.5,b5 or full release.) lol
you misunderstand. abandoned claims don't mean community scripts take their place. it's just in case the dev comes back to continue work on them. if not, something else will likely take that slot. my point is, for those that the community has made, you can use them right now using npc packs without needing to hope or wait for anything from smbx2 updates.

also making powerups 38A happens to have doesn't magically create compatibility.

mariobrigade2018
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 7:00 pm
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game
Pronouns: he/him

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:42 pm

Emral wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:19 am
mariobrigade2018 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:26 am

Suggestion to stickify the to-be-basegame stuff on the forums until the next release (b4.5,b5 or full release.) lol
you misunderstand. abandoned claims don't mean community scripts take their place. it's just in case the dev comes back to continue work on them. if not, something else will likely take that slot. my point is, for those that the community has made, you can use them right now using npc packs without needing to hope or wait for anything from smbx2 updates.
Oh ok.
Emral also wrote: also making powerups 38A happens to have doesn't magically create compatibility.
I know. That’s why I said some compatibility. Not fully. I was just saying that so that people don’t have to follow another double standard.


Return to “LunaLua”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chilly14 and 5 guests

SMWCentralTalkhausMario Fan Games GalaxyKafukaMarioWikiSMBXEquipoEstelari