animated background

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Tetri
Rex
Rex
Flair: Glory to Jesus our Lord and Savior

animated background

Postby Tetri » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:25 am

when am trying to animate some background on my tutorial entrance level it succeed until i try to test it, when am in test mode this isnt animating but it looks like this instead
i dont know what to do in this situation, it's normally animated, its normally working when am not in testing mode

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Re: animated background

Postby Emral » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:04 pm

Can you share the context of your background-n.ini and background-n.txt files, where n is the ID of the BGOs in question? Remember that the former only affects the editor, and the latter affects the game.

Tetri
Rex
Rex

Postby Tetri » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:17 am

Emral wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:04 pm
Can you share the context of your background-n.ini and background-n.txt files, where n is the ID of the BGOs in question? Remember that the former only affects the editor, and the latter affects the game.
i used random 32x32 textures from smb3 (1, 37, 106 and 258), also i use ini files in txt files so idk if i did it wrong or smth is just missing

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:47 pm

I somehow typo'd "contents" into "context", sorry. Please share the contents of those files.

Tetri
Rex
Rex

Postby Tetri » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:02 am

Emral wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:47 pm
I somehow typo'd "contents" into "context", sorry. Please share the contents of those files.
Spoiler: show

2 of them are used twice not only as bgo but also level (blue and rainbow), i also put txt file named the same as these that says "Frame=6" in rainbow one "Frame=7"

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:52 am

Tetri wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:02 am
Emral wrote:

2 of them are used twice not only as bgo but also level (blue and rainbow), i also put txt file named the same as these that says "Frame=6" in rainbow one "Frame=7"
Thanks for the elaboration. There's a slight error in your txt config.
The NPC config for the number of frames of an bgo is "frames", not "Frame". Thus your error should be resolved if you change "Frame" to "frames".
For more info: https://docs.codehaus.moe/#/features/bgo-config

Tetri
Rex
Rex

Postby Tetri » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:55 am

Emral wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:52 am
Tetri wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:02 am
Emral wrote:

Thanks for the elaboration. There's a slight error in your txt config.
The NPC config for the number of frames of an bgo is "frames", not "Frame". Thus your error should be resolved if you change "Frame" to "frames".
For more info: https://docs.codehaus.moe/#/features/bgo-config
oh i forgor that i didnt put "Frame" in it but "Frames" but is it necessary to change first letter to small one instead of big? because i don't see much diffirence in it but tell me if its necessary or what is wrong with it, i wrote "Frames" but you said it should be "frames" but the only diffirence is the "F"f"

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:30 am

Tetri wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:55 am

oh i forgor that i didnt put "Frame" in it but "Frames" but is it necessary to change first letter to small one instead of big? because i don't see much diffirence in it but tell me if its necessary or what is wrong with it, i wrote "Frames" but you said it should be "frames" but the only diffirence is the "F"f"
Yes, it does make a difference. You can test this for yourself by changing the first letter and reloading your level.

Tetri
Rex
Rex

Postby Tetri » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:39 am

Emral wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:30 am
Tetri wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:55 am

Yes, it does make a difference. You can test this for yourself by changing the first letter and reloading your level.
it worked, thanks

Return to “Help and Support”