Trouble with accessing Level-95 to Level-100 level types (SMBX2)

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Baltic
Pronouns: She/Her

Trouble with accessing Level-95 to Level-100 level types (SMBX2)

Postby Baltic » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:16 pm

Hiya!

So, I've gotten back into SMBX and recently gotten into SMBX2 (Loving it so far). I want to make an SMB3 based episode (which i'm underway with) and I want to incorporate Hammer Bros, Boomerang Bros, the golden ship, Fire Bros, and the spade level type. However, when I go to customize the level types that I want to incorporate, I can only seem to access Levels 1-69 (aka the first 40 and some of the reserves). If I could get some help with how to access these or some general directions for these i'd love to hear it!

Here are attached images so you know that i'm telling the truth; of course.

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: Trouble with accessing Level-95 to Level-100 level types (SMBX2)

Postby deice » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:44 pm

items marked as "reserved" are not intended for use in episodes yet, the slots are reserved for future use by the smbx2 devs. i'm fairly certain that despite having graphics, the level types you see in the folder are still part of the reserved range, meaning even if you were to put them onto your world map by manually editing the wld file in a text editor, they're not guaranteed to display or function correctly.

Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Baltic
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Trouble with accessing Level-95 to Level-100 level types (SMBX2)

Postby Baltic » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:36 pm

deice wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:44 pm
items marked as "reserved" are not intended for use in episodes yet, the slots are reserved for future use by the smbx2 devs. i'm fairly certain that despite having graphics, the level types you see in the folder are still part of the reserved range, meaning even if you were to put them onto your world map by manually editing the wld file in a text editor, they're not guaranteed to display or function correctly.
Ahhhh ok! That makes more sense! For now I can make the Spade levels static and just make the enemy fights a static level like levels 1-10 with the letter B instead of a number. That way I can make sure things like W2's house to the FAR right, and anything that could break the maps entirely with unintended shortcuts can be countered.

Return to “Help and Support”