Knuckles96's Super Mario Bros. 3

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Knux
Nipper
Nipper
Pronouns: she/they

Knuckles96's Super Mario Bros. 3

Postby Knux » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:20 pm

I am happy to announce the release of my eighth SMBX episode Knuckles96's Super Mario Bros. 3, or SMB3 and Knuckles. This is a love letter to the late 2000s SMW rom hacks with a SNES SMB3 aesthetic.
This episode features 100 levels, with graphics created by Legend-Tony980, Sednaiur and Valtteri.

This is a very personal project - levels I had imagined as a small child who discovered SMB3 rom hacking were brought to life here, where as my past executions were failures. Truthfully, I never really enjoyed making SMBX episodes until now, and I think this is my best one to date - very proud of it. I hope you all enjoy!

Trailer

Screenshots

Spoiler: show
-

DOWNLOAD

Note: This episode was built using PGE editor and is compatible with 1.3. Future builds should be fine.

AToMIC
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: I'm here
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Knuckles96's Super Mario Bros. 3

Postby AToMIC » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:43 pm

I have such a soft spot for episodes like this. Using the limitations of older SMBx and still making an absolute banger.

FutureNyanCat
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Species: Felis robotus
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FutureNyanCat » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:06 am

Downloading this! Gonna play it in SMBX2 as I speak.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:26 am

Definetly adding this in my "Episodes to play" list. I've seen some progress that you've posted both here and the SMBX discord server, and it's clear that you've put a lot of dedicaiton in this project. Congrats for finishing this c:

paaolasantanaa
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby paaolasantanaa » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:37 pm

Please, could you help me? I have search for a lot of time and haven't been able to find the exit of 4- GHOST HOUSE. Can you tell me please how to find it?

paaolasantanaa
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby paaolasantanaa » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:38 am

I have fully comnpleted the first 7 worlds an now I cannot find a way to get to world 8. Please could you tell me how to get to world 8?

Fangamestalgia
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: I am Fan
Pronouns: They, She, He, It

Postby Fangamestalgia » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:51 pm

Knuckles96 was the creator of the episode "The Great Empire," which I consider one of the best from the time when Redigit was the developer of Super Mario Bros X. Now, with Knuckles96 having created an episode in the style of Super Mario Bros 3, and based on the screenshots shown, it seems that this one also stands out as one of the best. However, I will only be certain once I download it and check it out.

Return to “Episodes”