[NPC/Block] Extension Pack (2.1)

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
Sam4354
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: Kirby

Re: [NPC/Block] Extension Pack (2.1)

Postby Sam4354 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:45 pm

So, I'm having quite a tough time figuring out how to use the Boss NPC. Can you tell me how it works?

ditditdit
Dolphin
Dolphin
Flair: e
Pronouns: she/they

Postby ditditdit » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:40 pm

how do i use boss?

Bulletbill510
Spiny
Spiny
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Bulletbill510 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:59 pm

What does the mud block do? Looking at the gif, it looks like graphics for the slime block, but I don't know if that's true or if there is something different about it compared to the slime block.

MaximalCuboid
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby MaximalCuboid » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:11 am

Is there any way to make the Long Question Mark Blocks give multiple NPCs, i.e. like how in 3DL/W it gives two coins on the sides and a power-up in the middle?

It also doesn't follow power-up progression, i.e. giving a Fire Flower or Super Leaf even in small form.

lugiaTheAntarticLord
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby lugiaTheAntarticLord » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:36 pm

Scatter blooper nanny variant?

DRACalgar Law
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: King of the Boss Makers

Postby DRACalgar Law » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:56 pm

The Tryclyde doesn't have a projectile implemented for it. It just spawns... nothing. The projectile doesnt have a gfx and lua script for it. Also, can I make a Mushroom Kingdom Fusion Revival out of Tryclyde, where it has 6 hp and has Pinch Mode behavior?

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:19 am

Hello. I think this is a good package of nice and useful things. I just started to use .lua packs yesterday and I like all the new things one can do with yours.
At the moment I am setting the files up, so I can use them alongside my SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack. While doing so, I have encountered some weird things,though,
1: The red Beezo (npc-759 in your pack) has no death effect linked in its .lua file, causing it to error once you kill it. effect-757 needs to be linked there. The other Beezo is fine,though.

2: The Clawgrip-NPC is bugged on at least two ways. First, it throws its rocks always to the right, no matter what direction I set it to and also no matter on which side of Clawgrip I stand on. And second, the special option of it throwing only rocks when nearby a block with certain ID is bugged. If a block-ID other than 0 is set up, it will only throw rocks at the player, if he stands to the right of Clawgrip, no matter if Clawgrip is near a block with the ID set up in the special settings. Oh, and it takes 7 hits to kill Clawgrip, despite the fact it is set up to only have 5. If I set it to 3 HP it takes 5 hits to kill.
I also got a suggestion for your whale geyser-NPC. This is a download-link for a more fitting sound effect: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1wc5o03a94avrf/gas.ogg?dl=0. You may use that instead of the one currently in use.

3: The pullable grass-NPC (npc-848) trows an error if you set it to not contain an NPC. Also, what are its special settings for? There seems to be no explanation for what the "v.ai1 = 1;" inside the example does, nor what other settings there might be.

4: Either, the Pidgit or the Flying Carpet-NPC is not working. While I can interact with the Pidgit (pick it up, throw it and kill enemies with it), the Flying Carpet-NPC does not work at all. I can stand on it but I cannot control it, nor can the Pitgit.I missed that the carpet is a container and supposed to contain an NPC to have it work correctly. My bad. Thanks to "Thundaga_T2" for pointing this out to me.

5: The conveyor belt-platform works fine but animates way too slow. My suggestion is to set the framespeed to 2 and line 26 to

Code: Select all

local time = math.floor(lunatime.tick() / (config.framespeed)) * (speed)
This way it animates exactly as fast as it moves the player/NPCs on top of it.

6: The fireball-NPC (npc-754) does get destroyed when colliding with a sizable. It also only happens when Tryclyde fires them, not when Red Birdo fires them.

7: The acid potion-NPC also suffers from the sizable-bug and cannot pass in front of one but instead gets destroyed.

8: The SMW falling spike has a weirdly displaced reaction field. If the player comes from the left, the spike only falls, if the player is right below it. When coming from the right, the spike falls if the player is around halfway under it. Maybe you can make it so that the spike falls when still around two blocks away from it, no matter from which side the player comes?

9: Something in the "birdos.lua" breaks the default pink Birdo, which makes it always move into one direction and not ever turning around, not jumping and taking longer to shoot its eggs. Once I remove the "birdos.lua"-file from my level, the pink Birdo functions normal again.

If I find more, I'll let you know here. thank you for this nice pack.

Also, a little question: Where do I set up the speed at which red or green Birdo shoot their bullets? I mean the time inbetween each shot of a volley, not so much the time inbetween volleys.
DRACalgar Law wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:56 pm
The Tryclyde doesn't have a projectile implemented for it. It just spawns... nothing. The projectile doesnt have a gfx and lua script for it.
You are supposed to use npc-754 beside it. In Tryclydes .lua file it instructs it to shoot an NPC with an ID 1 higher than its own ID (Tryclyde is NPC-ID 753, meannig it will shoot NPC-ID 754).
Last edited by Sednaiur on Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thundaga_T2
Flurry
Flurry

Postby Thundaga_T2 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:37 pm

Sednaiur wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:19 am
4: Either, the Pidgit or the Flying Carpet-NPC is not working. While I can interact with the Pidgit (pick it up, throw it and kill enemies with it), the Flying Carpet-NPC does not work at all. I can stand on it but I cannot control it, nor can the Pitgit.
The Flying Carpet NPC is a container, put the Pidgit NPC inside it and it will work normally.

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:59 am

Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:37 pm
The Flying Carpet NPC is a container, put the Pidgit NPC inside it and it will work normally.
Thank you for letting me know. Too bad I missed such an obvious detail, though.

On another note, I found out that something in the "birdos.lua" breaks the default pink Birdo, which makes it always move into one direction and not ever turning around, not jumping and taking longer to shoot its eggs.
I will also put that note in my above post to keep the list structure of it, just in case.

TDK
Foo
Foo
Flair: Retired

Postby TDK » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:51 am

jumpblock.lua has a cursed schrödinbug.

The fix is to replace line 25:

v:hit(true, p) 
with

v:hit(true) 

MarioChallengerX2
Bit
Bit

Postby MarioChallengerX2 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:36 pm

Found a bug. If the Celeste block crashes into another Celeste Block and you try to activate any other celeste block, even if it wasn't the celeste block that the first celeste block touched, it crashes essentially.

Alfur
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Alfur » Sat May 06, 2023 8:16 pm

I'm having issues with the WL4 Switch NPC.
After warping from one section to another, the music goes away. It doesn't come back. This issue has been very frustrating, and finding a fix for it would be great.

Alfur
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Alfur » Sun May 07, 2023 11:59 am

Alfur wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:16 pm
I'm having issues with the WL4 Switch NPC.
After warping from one section to another, the music goes away. It doesn't come back. This issue has been very frustrating, and finding a fix for it would be great.
I have found the issue. Adding custom music to sections cuts off the escape music. And it's not like the section music plays, no, ALL music is gone. It's completely silent.
I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, but it is very annoying.

punkitt
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby punkitt » Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:11 am

Just wanted to say thanks for creating such a great pack! I've gotten a ton of use out of all of these, and the Frog Switch has worked excellent for my Susan Taxpayer project :D

FirestarPlays
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby FirestarPlays » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:51 am

My antivirus detected a trojan in your extension pack. Do not download.

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:00 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:51 am
My antivirus detected a trojan in your extension pack. Do not download.
I checked the version I downloaded in both Windows Defender and Virustotal and found nothing. You sure it's not a false alarm?

FirestarPlays
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby FirestarPlays » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:33 pm

I'm sure it's not a false alarm. The version I downloaded did indeed contain a trojan.

mariobrigade2018
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game

Re: [NPC/Block] Extension Pack (2.1) [HALT DOWNLOADS FOR NOW]

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:39 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:33 pm
I'm sure it's not a false alarm. The version I downloaded did indeed contain a trojan.
When and (this is going to sound stupid) where did you download it? And what is the file/folder that tripped the alarm called? What antivirus are you using?

And *gulp* could you send us the download to your version? I hope I don't regret this...

FirestarPlays
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby FirestarPlays » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:49 pm

I downloaded it today. It's the download link for version 2.1 on page 1 of this topic, and the file that triggered it was Extension Pack.rar

mariobrigade2018
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Normie in coding who dreams of making a Mario game

Postby mariobrigade2018 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:33 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:49 pm
I downloaded it today. It's the download link for version 2.1 on page 1 of this topic, and the file that triggered it was Extension Pack.rar
Alright. I sent a PM to Core (or KateBuka) about this. Are you trying to download the pack? If so, I have a zip version of it, if you want.

Return to “LunaLua”