SMBX Site Q&A

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Postby Chanceux2 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:01 pm

I have a bunch of questions for the Restricted Access Group

1. How does the Restricted Access Group work? Am I in it because I'm underaged? Will I get removed from it when I'm 13+? Because I saw a user who's 13 inside the group?

2. Why can't I change my pfp when im inside the group?

3. Why can't I edit my Flair, Current Project, Interests, etc because mine are... interesting to say the least

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:45 pm

Restricted Access is for anyone below the age of 13. The previous COPPA ironically caused TMI to be sent, so Restricted Access users will only have access to forum features that can be readily moderated. All profile fields where PII can be added are restricted. Effectively this means avatars. flair, contacts, projects, interests, location, signatures, gender, and anything else will be restricted until the age of 13. PMs are also blocked.

This is a measure to prevent underage users from posting PII, or using the forum in any way that is not immediately visible to all staff to take any action as necessary.

When a user turns 13 they will have regular access.

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Postby Chanceux2 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:43 pm

Is it just me or do I keep seeing brand new accounts bumping really old threads?

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Splatoon 3: Side Order enthusiast
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:33 pm

Chanceux2 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:43 pm
Is it just me or do I keep seeing brand new accounts bumping really old threads?
It probably has to do with new users not being aware that they can see the time and dates of when posts and threads were made.

SuperMarioGrava
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: The great dawn of death.

Postby SuperMarioGrava » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:36 am

Chanceux2 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:43 pm
Nah it's not only you these forums kinda dead though so I don't blame them.

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:48 am

Why is the forum moved to smbxgame.com from supermariobrosx.org?

Also, what happened to the original theme before the moving? I like the original, non-minimalistic theme that supermariobrosx.org has over this new theme, which looked kinda bland in comparison without the SMB3 art style to it.
Last edited by lan vuhoang on Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Splatoon 3: Side Order enthusiast
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:19 am

lan vuhoang wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:48 am
Why is the forum moved to smbxgame.org from supermariobrosx.org?

Also, what happened to the original theme before the moving? I like the original, non-minimalistic theme that supermariobrosx.org has over this new theme, which looked kinda bland in comparison without the SMB3 art style to it.
This:

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:34 am

Now while there is a link to the Discord server under the "Chat" link, do we still need to hoist the #smbx IRC channel? I decided to tab into the IRC channel to check, and I've noticed that there's barely any activity in there, and oftentimes there tends to be nobody in there besides myself. While IRC is pretty much a relic of older SMBX history before Discord came along, at this point it's been nearly 8 years since the Discord server was founded so I'm unsure why the IRC link is still being hoisted.

At this point I do feel the splash page that features links to the Discord server and the IRC channel is redundant, and should probably link directly to the Discord server.

Return to “Site Discussion”