Moving Layers and Autoscroll

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Knitted_Egg
Bit
Bit
Flair: i am better obviously
Pronouns: he/him

Moving Layers and Autoscroll

Postby Knitted_Egg » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:20 pm

(I'm using SMBX2) Okay the simple question is how do you use autoscroll? I make it in section 1 and I autostart it and it doesn't work. Another question I have is how do you use moving layers that go down then up, right then left, (you know what I mean) I tried to autostart the first moving layer event and it still doesn't work.

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: Moving Layers and Autoscroll

Postby deice » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:24 am

a better way to implement autoscroll is usually to use the built-in lua library for it. smbx's vanilla autoscroll is pretty buggy.

as for moving layers, are they just not moving at all? if so the issue could be that your episode has "restart last level on death" enabled, as this feature breaks autostart events.

CerealCat
Rex
Rex
Flair: twitch.tv/mscerealcat
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Moving Layers and Autoscroll

Postby CerealCat » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:18 am

deice wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:24 am
a better way to implement autoscroll is usually to use the built-in lua library for it. smbx's vanilla autoscroll is pretty buggy.

as for moving layers, are they just not moving at all? if so the issue could be that your episode has "restart last level on death" enabled, as this feature breaks autostart events.
I couldn't get the vanilla autoscroll to work at all. The lua autocroll worked fine though.

Return to “Help and Support”