Unable to play the smbx 2.0 b4

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
chocopo
Goomba
Goomba

Unable to play the smbx 2.0 b4

Postby chocopo » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:00 pm

Hi all, I just installed the latest beta version of smbx 2.0 on my windows 11. But I ran into this weird bug where the game boots up being all black and most of the sprites and music are missed. I could'nt do anything about this.

Here is the srcreenshot of the menu.

Also I had to go to the data folders to run this program. The default runs in the background but dosnt show anything on screen.

Is there a solution to this ?

Last edited by chocopo on Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Re: Unable to play the smbx 2.0 b4

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:10 am

Due to a recent C&D scare, the available downloads for the game do not include the graphics assets. They ARE available somewhere unfortunately I have not kept tabs on where that might be.

KBM-Quine
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: Crazy with a K

Postby KBM-Quine » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:07 am

This happens when you run smbx.exe due to it's original graphics (.gif) being converted to .png (which it can't use). You need to use the launcher (smbx2.exe iirc) or lunaloader.exe instead. Also worth noting, the default menu currently has a bug that corrupts savedata if you switch between episodes. So if you can't use the launcher, make sure to close smbx between episodes.

chocopo
Goomba
Goomba

Postby chocopo » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:25 am

KBM-Quine wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:07 am
This happens when you run smbx.exe due to it's original graphics (.gif) being converted to .png (which it can't use). You need to use the launcher (smbx2.exe iirc) or lunaloader.exe instead. Also worth noting, the default menu currently has a bug that corrupts savedata if you switch between episodes. So if you can't use the launcher, make sure to close smbx between episodes.
Thanks, it worked. But how do I exit the fullscreen mode and access the luna editor ?

Return to “Help and Support”