King Mario's Gaming Channels & SMBX Episode-A-Thon Details [Updated]

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.

Show SMBX Playthroughs in Forums?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Don't Care Either Way
No votes

Total votes: 2
King Mario
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Jesus Christ is Lord!
Pronouns: he/him

King Mario's Gaming Channels & SMBX Episode-A-Thon Details [Updated]

Postby King Mario » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:05 pm

Hi there! I now have YouTube and Rumble Channels for gaming content, including SMBX!

Main Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiKswe ... EZ-o5ocsJA
Alternative Channel: https://rumble.com/c/c-2327314

(Disclaimer: It may take longer for newer videos to show up in Rumble.)

Feel free to check them out! In those places you can find my current progress on the SMBX Episode-A-Thon! (And perhaps for other things too.)

Episode-A-Thon Details

In this Challenge I aim to 100% beat the most SMBX Episodes possible for official SMBX in the Preservation Archives. This idea was partly inspired by Eclipsed, a renowned member who has now left the SMBX Community. (Rest in peace Eclipsed, you will be missed.)

In this Challenge will be excluded the following things, as they are planned for other possible challenges in the future:

-- Kaizo
-- 38A
-- Level Contest Episodes/Packs
-- Boss Rushes
--Troll/Meme/Joke Episodes

Rules/Notes Of Interest:

1. Cheats are not allowed. (Unless a certain Episode specifically requires them, such as Hell Puzzles, Mario Classic, e.g.)
2. The Editor may be used for certain things such as locating any missing/undone paths in hub/world map, patching a Level that's otherwise impossible to beat 100%, and trying to fix improperly done Layers/Events if possible. (Basically, nearly the same way that Eclipsed would have dealt with it.)
3. Special built-in professional glitches/strats are allowed for beating an Episode. Going back to other levels/areas for Power-Ups/Mounts/Character Swap is also allowed.
4. Certain LunaLua Scripts (except for savestate.lua) may be used in an Episode playthrough if I wish. (I mainly use B3 or B4 of SMBX2 for playthroughs.)
5. If you should like to give me any feedback or constructive criticism, please let me know in the comments section of either one of my Channels! Or if you prefer, you can do it right here as well!
6. If I get 100 Subs I will consider hosting a livestream for Viewer-Submitted Levels, where you can hand me any level(s) you wish and I play them on stream.
7. My audio may start out sketchy, but it gets much better over time. Thankfully I just bought a brand-new gaming mic, so that will greatly improve my sound quality!
8. Profanity and taking God's name in vain will not be allowed or tolerated in Comments or Chat.
9. Notice that as family-friendly as I want to be on this Channel, I cannot control everything that happens in a playthrough 100% of the time.
10. I will take requests for Episodes as long as they're good.

That's basically all I have to say for now! Thanks for reading this! ;)

Coming Soon:
SMBX Contest-A-Thon: Trying to beat every available Level Contest Episode/Pack (excluding Kaizo and 38A) in Eclipsed's SMBX Contest Archive.

Considered But Not Guaranteed For Near Future:
SMBX Kaizothon: Trying to beat all Kaizo Episodes/Level Contests (excluding 38A)
SMBX Boss-A-Thon: Trying to beat all Boss Rushes (excluding 38A)
SMBX 38A-Thon: This would be a special Challenge dedicated to trying to beat all 38A-related content. (Episodes, Contests, Boss Rushes, And Kaizo)
SMBX Meme-A-Thon: Trying to beat Episodes revolving entirely around trolls, memes, and/or jokes.

Completion List In Order:
Spoiler: show
The Invasion 2
The Princess Cliche
Super Mario Enigmatic
A Short Laid-Back Episode Until You Get To The End
Mario's City
Super Mario Bros. DX
World's Shortest Episode
The Great Empire 1,2,3
Reign Of The Gatekeepers
A Kingdom At War