World map making help (Files)

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Random Stuff
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: he

World map making help (Files)

Postby Random Stuff » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:50 pm

So I'am new here and I need some help. I just want to make a world map,and all the levels have different graphics,and I need to move the level files (the lvl file) out of the folder,and to not lose the custom graphics in the level when playing it. So,how do I do this?

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Re: World map making help (Files)

Postby Emral » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:16 pm

I don't fully understand the issue... but it sounds like you got some of your files in the wrong place. So here's a rundown of how SMBX expects your files to be laid out:

First, your "episode folder". This is the folder in your "worlds" folder which is named after your episode.
This folder contains a couple of things:
- all your lvl/lvlx files
- your wld file
- all of your world map custom graphics
- other "global" things that should affect all levels. Like if you have a NPC replacement you have in all levels, or an episode-wide luna.lua file (SMBX2).
- your episode's "level folders"

Secondly, "level folders". These are folders that have the same name as your level files. So if you have a level called "Cool level.lvlx", all of its custom graphics and stuff go into a folder in the episode folder called "Cool level". That makes the graphics only apply to Cool level, and to none of the others.

If you got everything set up in that manner, things should be as you expect them to be.

Return to “Help and Support”