Dark Matter Ascent

The Science Contest is upon us! An extravaganza to celebrate all things jank. The Science Contest! Hail!
KBM-Quine
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: Crazy with a K

Dark Matter Ascent

Postby KBM-Quine » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:16 am

A showcase of a more obscure jank. Hopefully it is well taught in-level but feel free to reply if you have trouble. Has about 8 setups and runs for 3 minutes on my fastest run. Enjoy!

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: Dark Matter Ascent

Postby deice » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:55 am

the switch in the top right corner of this room is unnecessary:
Spoiler: show
neat level though, maybe i wish it forced me to use the launch feature more instead of letting me choose to stack inactive platforms instead, but the concept is still nice and the level does a good job of both explaining it as well as showcasing practical applications

KBM-Quine
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: Crazy with a K

Re: Dark Matter Ascent

Postby KBM-Quine » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:11 am

deice wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:55 am
the switch in the top right corner of this room is unnecessary:
ah, don't know how i didn't see that lol. the inactive bits were intentional as i thought timing launches was a bit fatiguing. less time spent waiting = less frustration and all that.
updated to move the switch blocks out of hitting range and removed a warp that was just for style

edit: removed wind loop and repurposed as pre-start music, added some held npcs blockers, adjusted some visuals on BGOs, and added antizip to mitigate some platform zipping. download updated

Return to “Science Contest 2023”