Swooper
Swooper
Flair: #АиҟәаАбынҳәараАхьӡыррын
Pronouns: he/him

My Contest Entry (OPEN FOR PLAYTESTING)

Postby MarioFan171 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:18 am

For Weeks Of Work, I Present you:

PILIPINAS: The Level!

In this level, Mario Takes a vacation to Boracay, The Most Famous beach in the world located in the Philippines. When He went there, he saw a lot of Ati-Atihan Koopas from the nearby mainland and also Galoombas. The Rex is the tour guide to help him navigate the whole area to the arena. The boss is the Big Bad Cheep-Chomp, which was hiding under the waters of the Philippines.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
YT Video:

Download Link (Make Sure to Drag the Folder from the .zip file): https://drive.google.com/file/d/13TWGUj ... sp=sharing

cato
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Koishi enjoyer

Re: My Contest Entry (OPEN FOR PLAYTESTING)

Postby cato » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:55 am

It seems to be a bit too gimmick/setup heavy, with all those player blocks, NPC blocks, NPC remover, and colored switches. Not that it isn't bad, it is just a bit visually unappealing. It is quite apparent in the underwater maze-like segment with the keys, or the vast number of custom blocks on the surface. You don't need the colored switches for the setups since you barely activate some to unlock the paths. There is a better way to implement the setups without making the terrain look weird.

There is a lot to handle. Wooden planks that you can spin and jump on, arrows/powerups that pop bubbles, underwater Hammer Sharks line guides, etc. I rather you focus on one or two before having setups that bear no relevance to the others. Star Coins too, are just there to collect without directly related to the gimmick. And the alternative path that takes you underwater for the second half of the level too...

The boss too has some problems with how you set it up. If you are capable of making such a boss HP bar, you can make it better. For instance, the bricks to prevent hitting the boss multiple times (even though it didn't work once), the stage layout design (not center-aligned), and the boss itself. It doesn't attack the player, so it is kinda boring to throw the bricks multiple times with increasing projectiles from the Lotus plants.

You can rewatch your video. There are certain places you got stuck on, or even cause the level to freeze. Levels with technical problems (such as lagging, freezing, crashing, etc) get deduced with points. So be careful of that.

SuperMarioGrava
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: The great dawn of death.

Postby SuperMarioGrava » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:34 am

lol ok.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:05 pm

SuperMarioGrava wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:34 am
lol ok.
This forum is for giving people feedback on their contest level and making suggestions. Please try to make helpful comments.

SuperMarioGrava
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: The great dawn of death.

Postby SuperMarioGrava » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:55 pm

Enjl wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:05 pm
SuperMarioGrava wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:34 am
lol ok.
This forum is for giving people feedback on their contest level and making suggestions. Please try to make helpful comments.
What did I do??

Return to “Choco Latte Contest 2022”